Home General Discussion

Baby Cigar

Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
No, not a cigar for a baby.
We are having a baby...next week, hoping and praying for the 17th, St Patty's Day, and red hair!
Do they have any decent 'Baby Cigars' or should I just get a handful of decent cigars to hand out?

I'm also going to pull one out of my aging humi for the special occasion...along with a few choice beverages.

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Gurkha HMR...whats more special than having a baby? LOL.

Maybe davidoff's, if you want to spend some money, or some Man O War. To keep it more affordable, again depends on what you want to spend, some RP Conn
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    When my daughter was born I picked up some Romeo y Juleta Reserva Real's that my local shop had glass tubed and a cedar wrap that said "Its a Girl". They were only like $6 a piece. As a handout I didnt see any reason to go better than that to a bunch of people that didnt smoke cigars to start with.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    That's my question basically. R&J's are a good cigar but I'm not sure if they are appropriate for non-cigar smokers.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Here's my idea for you Andy. Buy a couple bundles of Perdomo ESV '91 seconds and then buy enough blank cigar labels as you need to band each cigar. Then spend some time writing out each label, my suggestion for the message: "I'm a new parent, please donate money for this cigar". :)
    j0z3r:
    Here's my idea for you Andy. Buy a couple bundles of Perdomo ESV '91 seconds and then buy enough blank cigar labels as you need to band each cigar. Then spend some time writing out each label, my suggestion for the message: "I'm a new parent, please donate money for this cigar". :)
    That is awesome! I may run that by the finance manager, she may approve. lol
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Bad Andy:
    j0z3r:
    That is awesome! I may run that by the finance manager, she may approve. lol
    Haha I was just about to recommend that!
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Congratulations, Brandon!
    Bad Andy:
    That's my question basically. R&J's are a good cigar but I'm not sure if they are appropriate for non-cigar smokers.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Appropriate in what sense?
    urbino:
    I'm not sure what you mean. Appropriate in what sense?
    Well they might hear Romeo and Juliet and think they are getting a copy of Shakespeare. :)
    Thanks Urbi
    What I mean is most likely they won't smoke them or enjoy/appreciate a better cigar. I may just have to hand a different ones to different folks.
    Oops. For some reason, I had it in my head that this was bbc's thread. Sorry about that, Andy.

Gotcha. Fuente makes some "It's a Girl" cigars that might be more what you're looking for.
    I've seen those actually...but we are having a boy.
    I'm going to stop talking, now.
    Boy, girl...what's the difference? Right urbs?
    I know that probably sounded like I was dumb but...I haven't seen the 'It's a boy' sticks, only the girls.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Congrats man! About the Fuente's, there is definately a "it's a boy" cigar. I'm gonna send you a few links.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    urbino:
    Oops. For some reason, I had it in my head that this was bbc's thread. Sorry about that, Andy.
    For the record...I'm not having a baby

yet

Congrats to Andy and I loved Jozer's idea, I've heard some rough stuff about "It's a" cigars, when my nephew was born last February, I bought my Brother, My dad, and my Brother's father-in-law and myself each a San Cristobal Monumentos to celebrate the occasion.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Andy, you have a PM
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    congrats......how about cigar.com or 5 vegas cigars? I know they sell boy/girl labels you can put on the cigar.....thats what I did.