Home General Discussion

EBAY

RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
I have been searching Ebay for Cigar Boxes.INSANE.......... on the other hand... I know it is against Ebay Policys to sell tobacco on the sight.. so what is with these Add for Cigar Bands still on the cigars? http://cgi.ebay.com/PARTAGAS-150TH-ANNIVERSARY-RAMON-Y-RAMON-HUMIDOR_W0QQitemZ330409197622QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4cedec4036 NOW THATS NUTS

Comments

• mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
    Ebay policy prohibits sales of alcohol and tobacco, but people get by in loopholes where the value of the sale is in the 'collectible packaging' and not the actual contents. So you see ad's for bottles of alcohol that are for the 'bottle', cigars that are for the 'bands', etc.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    With Ebay policies you can work around them. You can read the policy here http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/tobacco.html#what. Most people work around this by stating the bands are from limited edition and hard to find cigars. they also state the tobacco is not intended for consumption. I have been watching these for a year. If you read them you can see how they are working around the rules. I haven't really seen many good deals in the last year though.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    I have been an Ebay for many years, yes there are loopholes .... these are not loopholes, Ebay is being BS........... i have read these post, i also know Ebay Policys, Someone is missing the boat, I knowpeople that have been suspended from ebay for lessor infractions... Crazy Stupid .
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Redtailhawkoz:
    I have been an Ebay for many years, yes there are loopholes .... these are not loopholes, Ebay is being BS........... i have read these post, i also know Ebay Policys, Someone is missing the boat, I knowpeople that have been suspended from ebay for lessor infractions... Crazy Stupid .
    You are right. Ebay picks and chooses who they enforce the rules on. Ebay keeps getting worse and worse. I used to sell on there but refuse to anymore.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    It really is getting pretty stupid - a friend of mine tried to buy some parts for his gun; ebay caught wind of it and banned him, saying they don't allow the sale of guns. My friend tried to explain he was only buying a new firing pin and grips, but ebay didn't care. Zero tolerance stupidity IMO.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    Just found these as well:

Hoyo de Monterrey 6.12x50 Cask-Aged Maduro "Box and Bands"

Punch 6.12x50 Cask-Aged Gran Puro "Box and Bands"

Hoyo de Monterrey 6.12x50 Cask-Aged Maduro "Box and Bands"

I also saw three GOF by Carlito "bands and box" and one Fuente Opus X "bands and box" in an Ebay Store. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

• nsezellnsezell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Whats the story with those cask aged boxes? Are they from the factory in casks and it just so happens that punch and hoyo de Monterrey do that? Or does someone else take them from the box and put them in casks...Seems like reasonable prices though. Am I missing something?
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    wow i have been antiquing and found countless old Chairside Tobacco stands and humidors ! My wife is going to lose her mind... Ebay is Out of control! LOL
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    There's someone selling a box of 50 Perdomo Edicion de Silvio 2005's as well for $500. Of course, in his write-up, he inserts the word "bands" everwhere "cigars" should be. Talks about how rare the bands are, etc. Honestly, I'd love to buy em.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    cholmes8310:
    There's someone selling a box of 50 Perdomo Edicion de Silvio 2005's as well for $500.
    Damn you. :)

$500 for 50 is a great price, but I just bought a box (of 20). And $500 is a lot of money.
    urbino:
    cholmes8310:
    There's someone selling a box of 50 Perdomo Edicion de Silvio 2005's as well for $500.

$500 for 50 is a great price, but I just bought a box (of 20). And $500 is a lot of money.
    yeah, 10 bucks per is an awsome price. I've been watching eBay for these for years. Cheapest I've ever seen. Last year it was 750 per box of 50. This is the one cigar I've always wanted to try, but I can never find em. Wouldn't want to sell me one would ya?
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    In an unrelated note, I picked up a 1/2 pound of 70% beads from a guy on ebay for $5 + $3 shipping. They work great so far. Humi has been spot on.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    cholmes8310:
    urbino:
    cholmes8310:

yeah, 10 bucks per is an awsome price. I've been watching eBay for these for years. Cheapest I've ever seen. Last year it was 750 per box of 50. This is the one cigar I've always wanted to try, but I can never find em. Wouldn't want to sell me one would ya?
    I'm sure we could come to some arrangement. Let me get past all these trades I've got going, and we'll figure it out.
    urbino:
    cholmes8310:
    urbino:
    cholmes8310:

I'm sure we could come to some arrangement. Let me get past all these trades I've got going, and we'll figure it out.
    Works for me. Just PM me when you get time. No hurry here. I've waited years. A little more time won't hurt, haha.