Home General Discussion

Almost outdoor time!!!

These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
I've been looking forward to this all winter. My patio, dog, good beverage, maybe a friend of two over and a good smoke. Has anyone else envisioned their first outdoor smoke?

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Going to be this Sunday when it reaches 60 degrees. Refilling the propane tank tomorrow and gonna BBQ all weekend. Daughter turns 4 on Sunday. Having a little birthday party and BBQ. Definitely be smoking on the deck. I can't wait.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Monday when it hits 40! Pretty excited, plans are to grill, watch some baseball, and enjoy a hemingway of some sorts.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Goldy:
    Monday when it hits 40! Pretty excited, plans are to grill, watch some baseball, and enjoy a hemingway of some sorts.
    40!! That's WARM?!?! .... Right now it's 50 outside and cloudy. I'm about to put on 3 layers and go brave the cold, lol...
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    I havn't picked out my smoke yet. Maybe something more mild to celebrate the weather.
    cabinetmaker:
    Goldy:
    40!! That's WARM?!?! .... Right now it's 50 outside and cloudy. I'm about to put on 3 layers and go brave the cold, lol...
    I'm going to head out when it hits 45. That's shorts weather.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I went outside yesterday and smoked in my shed. It was a little chilly, but I enjoyed my Montecristo. It looks like another "warm" day today, maybe upper 40's. In the chilly Northeast, that's balmy!

I too really can't wait for actual summer when I can go out on the patio and enjoy a beverage and cigar at my liesure.
  • suretolosesuretolose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    45 this afternoon. I will be outside watching the snow melt.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    These Filthy Hands:
    cabinetmaker:
    Goldy:
    cant wait for the Opus Party!!

go go power rangers!
    kuzi16:
    These Filthy Hands:
    cabinetmaker:
    Goldy:

go go power rangers!
    Opus/Yuengling party!!!! i call the pink power ranger btw!!!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    These Filthy Hands:
    kuzi16:
    These Filthy Hands:
    cabinetmaker:
    Goldy:

go go power rangers!
    Opus/Yuengling party!!!! i call the pink power ranger btw!!!
    lol. I want to be the blue one!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    These Filthy Hands:
    cabinetmaker:
    Goldy:
    Heh, bundling up at 50 degrees. It's 38 here and that means I can definitely smoke in the man-shed. 43 tomorrow will seem so warm.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    at the grand old high of 35 in the past few weeks ive done some outdoor smokes. This weekend... is going to be a god send. something around 40... WOW.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    These Filthy Hands:
    cabinetmaker:
    Goldy:
    are you kidding me??? It's got to be at least above 50 for me to go outside and have a smoke!! Thankfully this weekend its gonna be 65+ down here :)
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    cabinetmaker:

Well, ya can't really call it cold. When I was working up on the North Slope in 1969 I decided that the ideal year-round temperature for me would be 55 degrees. Perfect temperature for Levis and a Pendleton shirt without requiring long-johns. On the downside - mosquitoes hatch at around 52 degrees. They can be a bit annoying but up on the Slope they're downright vicious. Takes all the enjoyment out of a stogie.

Marty

• HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    I am looking forward to it quite a bit! I like smoking in the garage, but sitting outside on a nice day with a cold Yuengling on tap, a good book, and a great cigar just can't be beat.

Not too sure what the first one will be though. Maybe a good conni to help bring in the lighter months of spring.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    Hugemoose:
    I am looking forward to it quite a bit! I like smoking in the garage, but sitting outside on a nice day with a cold Yuengling on tap, a good book, and a great cigar just can't be beat.

Not too sure what the first one will be though. Maybe a good conni to help bring in the lighter months of spring.
    I've been freezing my @$$ off all winter long smoking outside. Last night I smoked a MoW in 36 F weather, I loved the stick, but man, I'm tired of being so daggum cold all the time. Can't wait for summer to get here! Then it's up 100 F and that's worse...lol.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    Even though I can smoke inside I am still looking forward to lighting one up outside here pretty soon. The highs are starting to stick in the upper 30's and low 40's so not too much longer. Once it hits 50 I will be out there with just jeans and a hoody and be fine.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Spring is coming, can tell with the weather here. Its been in the 60's. With the weather like that I'm always watching the clock to get out of work and get home and have a nice smoke.( my work day starts at 3:30am ) But I have to confess, I've been cheating by chilling in the hot tub on the chilly nights to get my fix. Cheers and have a great weekend!
  • acsamples79acsamples79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 66
    im out back on my deck right now...32 degrees... 2 pair of pants, 2 shirts, a hoodie, and a jacket...enjoying a cohiba siglo VI... ready for next week..supposed to be in the 50's
  • R_M_GR_M_G Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    I tried to kick things of earlier this evening... wasted half a perfectly good Romeo due to loss of feeling in my fingers... I avoided frostbite but left an abandoned cigar out in a snow pile.. Dang! It's a lot colder after 15 minutes than it is when you open the door...
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    BStayer:
    Hugemoose:

I've been freezing my @$$ off all winter long smoking outside. Last night I smoked a MoW in 36 F weather, I loved the stick, but man, I'm tired of being so daggum cold all the time. Can't wait for summer to get here! Then it's up 100 F and that's worse...lol.
    ME TOO! This winter I just refused to give in. I was out in the garage when the temps were in the teens last month. I never brought anything more than a robusto with me and felt like an idiot with gloves and a hat. 50 sounds like heaven right now.
  • brettmanbrettman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 34
    We're starting to get some good weather in the Pacific Northwest, especially today. Nothing but sun and temperatures around 60, perfect outdoor cigar weather in my book! This will actually be the first day of the year I will be able to venture out for a smoke too.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    These Filthy Hands:
    I've been looking forward to this all winter. My patio, dog, good beverage, maybe a friend of two over and a good smoke. Has anyone else envisioned their first outdoor smoke?
    Just did it today (no friends. Just the dogs, beer and the kids). 55 degrees here. I as well as some of the others hit the garage when the temps got below 40.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Three days in a row now, I was able to go out to the "man shed" and smoke a cigar. It was in the high 40"s each day and for Ithaca in the winter, that is a heat wave. It will be nice to actually go out on my patio, in the sun and enjoy an adult beverage with the cigar.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    it won;t be long....
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Today it got up as high as 63 degrees here so I threw the wife and kid in the car and we went house hunting! We had about a dozen properties to look at that our realtor picked out for us to consider renting. Boy did I find the perfect place! I'm gonna be devestated if I can't get it. No pictures of the inside, but I'll describe it breifly. There is a patio that wraps 3/4 of the way around the house. In the back there are stairs that lead down to a nice big deck, there are nice, wooden stairs that lead about 30 yards down the hill to a really nice shed that sits on a second deck, and more stairs that lead down through the woods and finally arriving at our own personal pier to Lake Lariat with a nice little deck there and a canoe waiting for us. Also, there's a nice big deck off the master bedroom over looking all of this! The only thing we could see from the outside was the kitchen and it looked awesome! Can't wait to see the rest of this thing cause I've gotta have it! Hopefully, I'll enjoy multiple cigars on the many decks of this place during the warmer months here.