Home General Discussion

Something very special....

13»

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    No problem, Alex
    laker1963:
    Thanks, but maybe someone should have done this earlier and the additude could have been left sleeping. Thanks anyway.
    What attitude? I'm tired of PM'ing people, so I figure I'd post it here; the entire reason that this was done in the first place was to give the forum-goers, those who bother to read and post and contribute, a leg up before they go live, so my post is in keeping with that idea. I posted this because it's tiring to keep PM'ing people, so this is my solution. If you think I had an attitude about it, you misread my post
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Alex Williams:
    laker you and jz still got a pm
    Thanks Alex. Appreciate it, bro'.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    xmacro:
    No problem, Alex
    laker1963:
    Thanks, but maybe someone should have done this earlier and the additude could have been left sleeping. Thanks anyway.
    What attitude? I'm tired of PM'ing people, so I figure I'd post it here; the entire reason that this was done in the first place was to give the forum-goers, those who bother to read and post and contribute, a leg up before they go live, so my post is in keeping with that idea. I posted this because it's tiring to keep PM'ing people, so this is my solution
    Whatever, sorry to put you out. Again, Thanks Alex.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Sandman1am:
    Alex Williams:
    kingjk729:
    I'd like a PM on this deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you got a pm. i sent an email late last night but havent gotten one back. i hope he has em left and i didnt wait too long.
    So you decided to jump on it Alex? Which 1's did you go for? Either way I don't think you will be disappointed. If you are just let me know and I will trade you something for them!
    i went ahead and bit on the red! i figured it would be a great smoke for my birthday on the 16th and if i didnt like em i could trade em! thanks for the advice man!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Alex Williams:
    Sandman1am:
    Alex Williams:
    kingjk729:
    you got a pm. i sent an email late last night but havent gotten one back. i hope he has em left and i didnt wait too long.
    So you decided to jump on it Alex? Which 1's did you go for? Either way I don't think you will be disappointed. If you are just let me know and I will trade you something for them!
    i went ahead and bit on the red! i figured it would be a great smoke for my birthday on the 16th and if i didnt like em i could trade em! thanks for the advice man!
    Alex I'm sure you will like them....but if you don't I want 1st dibs on them!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Sandman1am:
    Alex Williams:
    Sandman1am:
    Alex Williams:
    kingjk729:
    Those are a couple great deals and I think you will enjoy the Red as well. I may get my wife to bite on one of these for my birthday on the 26th!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Is the red label the same ad the VI?
  • timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216

Let me look into that.  In the meantime, here is a great review of the Black Label Tubos:

http://thesmokingstogie.squarespace.com/home/2009/11/22/tatuaje-black-label-tubo-torpedo-prerelease.html

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I broke down and got the daily deal and I took TIm up on this offer. Got one of each. I have absolutely no place to put this stuff!!!!!!!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    rwheelwright:
    I have absolutely no place to put this stuff!!!!!!!
    Oh well shucks....my friend, I have some room - I will gladly hold these for you!

;-)
    Fourtotheflush:
    They did taste similar but I do not think that they are the same. I think that it is more full bodied then the VI and it does have a different flavor profile IMO.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Fourtotheflush:
    If I recall correctly, the Red tubo is the same as the Havana VI Verocu blend, which is a stronger version of the Havana VI. I can't say for certain, but I seem to recall reading that about the Red tubo.

Tim I have a question for you. What is your personal opinion, as a cigar smoker and not as a cigar.com representative, of the Black tubo? I picked some up the day they were released and while I like the blend and think it is a tasty cigar, I've had problems with the construction of the cigar, mainly that the two I've smoked refused to burn properly and required relights about every 10 minutes because the wrapper was not burning with the filler causing the cigar to tunnel out. Due to that, I have mixed feeling about a cigar that I really wanted to like, the main feeling being that it is overpriced and doesn't deliver on the hype.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Sandman1am:
    Alex Williams:
    Sandman1am:
    Alex Williams:
    kingjk729:
    you got it man! And puro, hope your wife gets em for you! You could conveniently leave your email open to the beard saying how great the deal and cigars are ;) after all, if the beard says it, she will buy it.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Hays:
    rwheelwright:
    I have absolutely no place to put this stuff!!!!!!!
    Oh well shucks....my friend, I have some room - I will gladly hold these for you!

;-)
    LOL! I figured someone was going to say that!

When I moved into my house my friend said that that he was going to steal someof my stash because he has heard about how many I have. When he actually saw how many I have he was serious in saying it. He keeps saying to me, "Notice any missing?" He was in shock!!!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Damn, I'm missing out on another awesome Tat deal it looks like, why do these always happen when I am temporarily short on funds? Lol, yay.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I am in the same boat as you Alien. I just spent too much on cigars a week ago.
    Yeah, I just ordered two boxes a few days ago. Damn good cigars, and I don't necessarily regret it, but I do wish I had waited till I saw this now. Anybody want to get a few of these and work up a trade for some Mi Barrio Toros? Lol, its worth a shot.
  • timbtimb BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 216

Black tube, like most Tatuaje in myopinion - exceptional flavor, bad burn.  The bad burn can be attributed to the heavy use of ligero in the blends.  Unless you ferment the hell out of ligero tobacco, it is going to have an uneven, difficult burn.

I don't say this in a bad way, though.  The flavor is truly special, unique, and enjoyable and I attribute a lot of that to the way the tobacco is prepared, selected, and rolled.  Pete Johnson and Pepin Garcia aim to capture a particularly rich flavor, burn be damned. 

Will the black tubos burn better with age or are they just subject to bad burn issues their entire life?
    Seriously though, I would trade a few Mi Barrio Toros for a couple of these......just sayin....
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    alienmisprint:
    Yeah, I just ordered two boxes a few days ago. Damn good cigars, and I don't necessarily regret it, but I do wish I had waited till I saw this now. Anybody want to get a few of these and work up a trade for some Mi Barrio Toros? Lol, its worth a shot.
    PM sent Tony, I don't mind parting with some Mi Barrios.