Home General Discussion

Does anyone else do this??

bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
This may sound really strange to everyone, but after I've finished smoking a cigar I find myself smelling my hands all the time. I don't know why, but I LOVE that smokey-sweet tobacco smell that the smoke leaves on my fingers. It doesn't really smell 'burnt', like it does when you smell the smoke on your clothes or furniture, it's different somehow, but I can never place it...

Am I crazy, or does anyone else do this too?

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    You are indeed crazy!!!! I do smell my hands once in a while but that is usually because after washing them a few times the smell is still there. I usually smell my mustache. If I don't trim it, no matter how many times I wash it I can still smell cigar!
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    That's kind of odd. When I smell my hands after smoking, they don't have the best smell. Maybe the oils on your skin are reacting with the smoke in some crazy way.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    I run the smoke through my nose so much, my sense of smell is either dead or I only smell cigar.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    bacon.jay:
    This may sound really strange to everyone, but after I've finished smoking a cigar I find myself smelling my hands all the time. I don't know why, but I LOVE that smokey-sweet tobacco smell that the smoke leaves on my fingers. It doesn't really smell 'burnt', like it does when you smell the smoke on your clothes or furniture, it's different somehow, but I can never place it...

Am I crazy, or does anyone else do this too?

Right there w/ya Jay.
  • havanaalhavanaal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 150
    I avoid smelling any part of me, to allow myself plausible denial when my wife says "You smell!"
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    i smell my hands after smoking and go mmmmm. now after scratching my ass i go woahhhhh
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 213
    Go out of my way to do it? Not so much. But I will admit to catching a whiff when pushing my eyeglasses back into place and having a Homer Simpson moment of "MMMMMM.... Cigar...."
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    dennisking:
    i smell my hands after smoking and go mmmmm. now after scratching my ass i go woahhhhh
    Thats some Funny ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Redtailhawkoz:
    dennisking:
    Thats some Funny ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    S-H-I-T rotflmao
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I was just thinking about that today after I finished a stick. The aroma left on my hands were amazing.
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    the smell doesn't really bother me unless i am trying to sleep... a lot of the time me and a friend will have a couple of cigars and drinks at a local resort and i won't get back till late... then i can't stop smelling my hands while a lay there in bed
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    if my hand is near my face and it happens yes i too enjoy the smell (but not after if've scratched mini me and the boys) cigars only.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    cooch36:
    if my hand is near my face and it happens yes i too enjoy the smell (but not after if've scratched mini me and the boys) cigars only.
    I smell my fingers after a few cocktails.... that way I can tell if the girlfriend if the girlfriend was home last night or not
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    Lasabar:
    cooch36:
    I smell my fingers after a few cocktails.... that way I can tell if the girlfriend if the girlfriend was home last night or not

A really good friend of mine had a party and ended up getting shickered blitzed, to the point of incoherent mumbling and zero self-restraint. He hooked up with this really fat, ugly, NAUSEATINGLY vile-smelling "thing", despite all of our best efforts to prevent him from doing so.

The worst part about the whole situation was that he hooked up with this girl in his Explorer, and it took him the better part of three weeks to get her smell out of it, and off his hands and clothes.

• Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    Heyy Dennis..wash your ass more than you wash your hands and you won"t go woahhhh....i gairranntee it!!! ROFL
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    bacon.jay:
    Lasabar:
    cooch36:

A really good friend of mine had a party and ended up getting shickered blitzed, to the point of incoherent mumbling and zero self-restraint. He hooked up with this really fat, ugly, NAUSEATINGLY vile-smelling "thing", despite all of our best efforts to prevent him from doing so.

The worst part about the whole situation was that he hooked up with this girl in his Explorer, and it took him the better part of three weeks to get her smell out of it, and off his hands and clothes.

The sad part is that your friend didn't hang around for three weeks to "Get that nasty girls smell out" but truly he was gone for three weeks for three little words

Chla-Myd-Eeya
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    You're not weird bro. Now this is weird!!! I actually fall asleep sometimes smelling my cigar drenched hand beneith my head. Now this is how you assure yourself sweet dreams! Or perhaps nightmares about being chased by a giant killer cigar!