Home General Discussion

Don Lucas Punta Cana

cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
Schedualed a tour with Dan Lucas what a great guy with such passion for cigars. He came to our hotel and picked us up himself for a 30 drive to his house and cigar cafe. Sampled one of his cigars and his own hooch and was quit pleased what a great smoke with no after taste. Asked many questions. It was nice to get information from someone like him a highlight of my trip and my girlfriends as well. Im bringing back many friends to enjoy for some time.

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Sounds awesome. I might get hell for this, but who's Don Lucas and what tour are you talking about? Is this a Punta Cana thing only? Tell us more.... Any pics?
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    cooch36:
    Schedualed a tour with Dan Lucas what a great guy with such passion for cigars. He came to our hotel and picked us up himself for a 30 drive to his house and cigar cafe. Sampled one of his cigars and his own hooch and was quit pleased what a great smoke with no after taste. Asked many questions. It was nice to get information from someone like him a highlight of my trip and my girlfriends as well. Im bringing back many friends to enjoy for some time.
    I'm going to Punta Cana in June... How does one acquire this awesomeness?
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    Was in Punta Cana last March and went to the Don Lucas factory. Love his smokes. Well worth the trip out to visit him. He is certainly a do again on my next visit.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Lasabar:
    cooch36:
    I'm going to Punta Cana in June... How does one acquire this awesomeness?
    I will give more details when i get home in a wk but a great guy! must visit! he'll take care of you and travel arrangments.
  • gslevigslevi Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    I had a similar experience.  My tour guide at my resort new Lucas and set up our appointment.  Lucas came to my resort, picked me up and drove me to his cigar lunge, which is part of his house.  There I sampled one of his cigars and had a great conversation with Lucas.  It also was a highlight of my vacation.  He is a wonderful man and his cigars are excellent at a very reasonable price. I recommend this to anyone who likes cigars and is on vacation in the Punta Cana area.
  • willso7willso7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 156
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I want to distribute for him. I like his sticks very clean not complex but a very nice smoke.
  • grannejagranneja Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 382
    My wife, my friends and I went to Don Lucas back in May. It was a great time, nice to see how they roll the cigars. On the tour they give you a free cigar (medium, mild, or full). The smokes are nice, I preferred the full in the short robusto. It has a nice flavor profile, doesn't change a whole bunch throughout the cigar, but it keeps it to the nub. If anyone is heading to the Punta Cana, I strongly suggest that you talk to your front desk person to set up a pick up time. They come and pick you up and return you to your hotel free of charge. The shop has a huge walk in humidor with many brands of cigars and some cubans. There is also a jewelry and craft shop that you can walk through as well.