Home General Discussion

The parting

havanaalhavanaal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 150
The recent thread on one's post smoke routine got me thinking. What about the last draw on a the stubby remains of a great cigar? Have you ever tried to hang on with your fingertips to get those last few millimeters? Do you go through momentary withdrawl? Or do you just light up another one?

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I watched sandman attach a paperclip to the end of his Fuente Anejo this past weekend so he could smoke it farther than his fingers would allow. If I were to take a wild guess, he really liked that cigar!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    havanaal:
    The recent thread on one's post smoke routine got me thinking. What about the last draw on a the stubby remains of a great cigar? Have you ever tried to hang on with your fingertips to get those last few millimeters? Do you go through momentary withdrawl? Or do you just light up another one?
    ive been known to shove the nub into a pipe and finish it off.

thats how you FINNISH a cigar.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I've said this before, but I use a corn holder. It's not too classy, but the two spikes keep the stub from revolving around and it doesn't burn like a wooden toothpick. I only do this at home in front of my wife and kids and they already know I'm a little crazy!
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    kuzi16:
    havanaal:
    ive been known to shove the nub into a pipe and finish it off.

thats how you FINNISH a cigar.
    you are so effin manly.....
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    This is what I use. and yes, on an Anejo, it's the only way to smoke it. all the way til the very end. and i think that a Snap On tool is manlier than a pipe, just sayin... :)
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    havanaal:
    Well ... old behavior from the OLD Hawg Leg Smokjing Days might have me put it in a Power Hitter or use a nice Alligator Clip... But Im not that desperate! when its done its done IMO
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    dennisking:
    This is what I use. and yes, on an Anejo, it's the only way to smoke it. all the way til the very end. and i think that a Snap On tool is manlier than a pipe, just sayin... :)
    I have one of these. But it's at work and I rarely smoke at work.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    dennisking:
    You got a point there...
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    YankeeMan:
    I've said this before, but I use a corn holder.
    This should be in a Coen brothers movie.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    I use a stainless steel surgical forceps which lock closed pinching the end. It has a curved end and is easy to smoke from. I think you can find em in supply stores or medical kits for under $5. hahaha......corn holder
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I was gifted a nubber made by a BOTL on another forum. Basically it is like a corn cob holder but he made it out of wood and it looks way cool.
  • ScottUScottU Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 194
    I have never gotten a stick down that far... I usually start to ADD out and give up on it...
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Stryker808:
    I use a stainless steel surgical forceps which lock closed pinching the end. It has a curved end and is easy to smoke from. I think you can find em in supply stores or medical kits for under $5. hahaha......corn holder
    I use forceps that were used to deliver Hitler...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Lasabar:
    Stryker808:
    Lassy, you are a sick individual. Thank you!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    YankeeMan:
    Lasabar:
    Stryker808:
    Lassy, you are a sick individual. Thank you!
    Oh, he's really on a roll today, Just check some of his other bits of wisdom.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    TatuajeVI:
    I watched sandman attach a paperclip to the end of his Fuente Anejo this past weekend so he could smoke it farther than his fingers would allow. If I were to take a wild guess, he really liked that cigar!
    I supplied the paperclip...I also keep one in my car for the situations

I've also been known to put a nub in the end of a shotgun barrel and draw from the other end (not really, but I feel manly now)
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    bbc020:
    TatuajeVI:

I've also been known to put a nub in the end of a shotgun barrel and draw from the other end (not really, but I feel manly now)
    I usually just chew it up till its not warm anymore, then put it in the side of my cheek and let it soak for a bit. Then I spit, call my wife by one of my old girlfriends names, and smack her on the ass.
  • pnaylonpnaylon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 214
    letsgowithbob:
    bbc020:
    TatuajeVI:

I usually just chew it up till its not warm anymore, then put it in the side of my cheek and let it soak for a bit. Then I spit, call my wife by one of my old girlfriends names, and smack her on the ass.
    Ahahahahahahahahahaha! Made my night!
    I usually let them go out, then break them up and sprinkle them on a salad.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    You all are a bunch of girls. When I'm done with a cigar I eat the nub....while it's still lit.

Off topic....I've been having really bad heartburn lately, anybody have an idea why?
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    j0z3r:
    You all are a bunch of girls. When I'm done with a cigar I eat the nub....while it's still lit.

Off topic....I've been having really bad heartburn lately, anybody have an idea why?
    Lol....this was made all the better by Urbi's response (and I hope you were kidding Urbi..)
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    urbino:
    I usually let them go out, then break them up and sprinkle them on a salad.

Salad covered with grilled Buffalo strips ???
    When mine goes out I don a monks robe ,,,take said cigar butt out on my back deck to a planter ...make small hole in soil with finger , insert a coupla majic beans and the cigar butt and say a few secret words over it. Next morning presto ...new full unsmoked cigar ready to go ...( damn these pain pills are good ! )
    Hey, Gene. How's everybody coming along?
    urbino:
    My dads needs heart valve replacement and by pass surgery which is very dangerous at his age (77) but we are thinking this will probably be done in 6-8 weeks. Prostate cancer has returned but doc's say heart much bigger concern.
    With work and burning the candle on both ends I have not had time to be on here much or smoke much either. Looking forward to calmer times this summer and some R&R. Will peek in as I have time, was very very glad to see ya back 'bino !!!
    urbino:

Trying trying times my friend. My wifes dad is at home being tended by my wife and her mom and hospice critical care nurses ( they say anyday now he will pass ) He's in excruciating pain , gets morphine every 1 to 2 hours and is totally out of it. has not eaten anything in 7 days as of today. only liquids are the meds. He is one tuff son of a gun !!!! My wife has not left his bedside for 10 days now and she and her mom have both strained back muscles lifting him !!! Family comes in around the clock every day but they have to work and cant stay more than 6-8 hours at a time. He has one brother who IS staying around the clock to help and has been a godsend.
    My dads needs heart valve replacement and by pass surgery which is very dangerous at his age (77) but we are thinking this will probably be done in 6-8 weeks. Prostate cancer has returned but doc's say heart much bigger concern.
    With work and burning the candle on both ends I have not had time to be on here much or smoke much either. Looking forward to calmer times this summer and some R&R. Will peek in as I have time, was very very glad to see ya back 'bino !!!
    Wow, that's a lot to deal with at one time. We went through a similar hospice experience with my grandmother, not all that long ago, so I have some idea what you're talking about.

The main thing to keep in mind -- and the hardest thing to keep in mind -- is to make sure you take care of yourself. Get your rest. Eat. Get outside and go for a walk every day; even if it's a necessarily short one, you won't believe how big a difference it makes in how you feel. That goes for everybody.

When you get to that R&R, you'll have well earned it. Hang in there.
    urbino:
    Wow, that's a lot to deal with at one time. We went through a similar hospice experience with my grandmother, not all that long ago, so I have some idea what you're talking about.

The main thing to keep in mind -- and the hardest thing to keep in mind -- is to make sure you take care of yourself. Get your rest. Eat. Get outside and go for a walk every day; even if it's a necessarily short one, you won't believe how big a difference it makes in how you feel. That goes for everybody.

When you get to that R&R, you'll have well earned it. Hang in there.

Thanks bro ...I did take a walk today just to try and clear my mind ...felt much better .