Home General Discussion

Las Vegas Big Smoke 2010

haywood5150haywood5150 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 35
Just thought I would brag a little...I just ordered my tickets. Looking forward to meeting some fellow BOTL's and enjoying myself (without the wife).

Comments

• ScottUScottU Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 194
    haywood5150:
    enjoying myself (without the wife).
    Interesting.... I prefer to enjoy myself with the wife....*shrug* to each their own... :P
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    HA! Nice one Scott.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    ScottU:
    haywood5150:
    Interesting.... I prefer to enjoy myself with the wife....*shrug* to each their own... :P
    Then you'll never be the governor of New York.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    urbino:
    ScottU:
    haywood5150:
    HAHAHA!!! LMAO urbi. Good one!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Alex Williams:
    urbino:
    ScottU:
    haywood5150:
    HAHAHA!!! LMAO urbi. Good one!
    lol... Have a good time in LV. I've never been to big smoke but hear it's cool. Rather expensive for me though. I hope you get to try some good cigars.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    haywood5150:
    Just thought I would brag a little...I just ordered my tickets. Looking forward to meeting some fellow BOTL's and enjoying myself (without the wife).
    which ticket did u buy? the 240 or 550?
  • haywood5150haywood5150 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 35
    I bought the $240 one. Myself and a couple co-workers are going to be in Vegas for a conference, so we figured since we'll be there on the company's dime...might as well enjoy ourselves too. We're just going to be too busy to attend the Conference and the Big Smoke during the day. Besides, the wife thinks I spend too much on cigars as it is, and it was a bear to get her to let me buy the Evening Smoke ticket as it was.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    that should be a great trip. My question is if you get tickets and go, what kind of cigars and incentives do you get? I'm wondering if the price is really justified. Not to mention all the other amounts of money one would spend while there. I haven't gone to a con of any kind out of state just for this vary thing. I could get a few boxes of top wants for the price of the big smoke.
    phobicsquirrel:
    that should be a great trip. My question is if you get tickets and go, what kind of cigars and incentives do you get? I'm wondering if the price is really justified. Not to mention all the other amounts of money one would spend while there. I haven't gone to a con of any kind out of state just for this vary thing. I could get a few boxes of top wants for the price of the big smoke.
    if you got to CA's website, they have an article about what was giving out at last years Big Smoke.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    There is one in Conn. (about 1:45 from me) in May. I'm considering it. I would be interested in knowing what you thought. I could go and drive back and not have to stay. Just wondering if its worth the $250.00. Has anyone gone to one of these? If so, how was it?
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    My dad is a long time CA subscriber, and even though he no longer smokes other than on special occasions, he asked me yesterday if I would like to go to The Big Smoke this year, on his dollar, sort of as a birthday gift, and a chance to hang out together... needless to say, it looks like I'll be there this year!
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    please fil me in on who, what, when, where , why, ...screw why actually...oh and VEGASPARKY....im crashing at ur house so our ladies can go to the salon so we can go to this lol
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    please fil me in on who, what, when, where , why, ...screw why actually...oh and VEGASPARKY....im crashing at ur house so our ladies can go to the salon so we can go to this lol
    Every year Cigar Aficionado has a big convention called The Big Smoke. During the day there are seminars and meals for like half the day, dealing with a bunch of elements of the cigar industry, featuring all of the big names, etc. Then at night there is basically a huge party/convention where food, alcohol, and cigars are available from a ton of different vendors. My understanding is that there are going to be 25+ cigar companies present, and each one will be offering complimentary smokes. Same goes for the liquor companies and restaurants.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    It looks like around 25 reps will be there, and with your ticket, you are entitle to 1 free sample from each of them. so, about 10 bucks a cigar if you're just in it for the smokes. however, I think the company would be the selling point. wish I could go.
    I might pick up a full time job here real soon, and if i do, im so going to vegas...
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    OOOOH! already getting on this. its my backyard.....they are gonna put a list of vendors out a soon as they finalize it. and it looks to me that buying tickets for just the first day pays off. most of the free stuff is that day from what i am told.
    i agree...i want to go so bad
    come on joey go sell some plasma at the blood bank. it's $240. you get to get about 25 cigars to sample , food and liquer! got an idea- talk your girl into coming down to see her folks. she can let you go to fridays big smoke. then you get married to her in one of the drive thrus so her parents can watch. that way you can call the BIG SMOKE your bach. party ...lmao
    oh god..drive thru wedding, her mother would murder me..well they are going to murder me once they find out that we are getting married in jamaica...lol..her mom wants a huge wedding here so every dam relative can come...nope...not going to happen! but gues wat, i did convince my gf that for the honey moon, after jamaica, we will go to Nicaraugra for 2 dadys, then europe for 2 weeks...and she said OK! lol...oh yeah...ill send massive bombs back to the states once im there lol...2 years lol...but depending if i get this job or not ill see if i can hit vegas up...may have to drive but its only a day drive...what are the dates for it again?
    friday , november 12th or sunday, november 14th...it $240 per day or $550 for both. one day is all you really need. from what im hearing
    the 14ths is my bday...maybe i can get my gf to get that for my present! lol
    i am going to the friday the 12th.
    vegassparky:
    friday , november 12th or sunday, november 14th...it $240 per day or $550 for both. one day is all you really need. from what im hearing
    Actually, it is $240 for one of the night time "big smoke" sessions, from 6:30-9:30, or $550 for one "big smoke" session and the day time seminars. There is no single ticket option for both night time events.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    I love Vegas. Can't do it this year or next. Possibly in 3 :(
    for all the guys going...make sure u come back and post on here of what you thought! I was planning on going this year, but had a baby instead...you know how it goes. Maybe in 2011