Home General Discussion

Where my Chicago BOTLs at?

lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
I've noticed that there's not too many brothers and sisters from Chicago here..... Maybe if there's enough of us on here, we could plan a small herf in the near future. I'm on the Northwest side, near California/90..... But I'm open to the surrounding suburbs or downtown. If you have a favorite B&M, let me know. I'm always looking for a good B&M. With the price gouging and high taxes in Chicago, they're hard to come by.

Comments

• ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    I live closer to Rockford than Chicago. I don't know a ton of BOTLs out this way either. I do seem to see plenty of Illinois guys on here.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    I'm in Swansea which is a good 4-5 hour drive
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I live closer to Rockford but work in Chicago. Long drive each day.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    I live in evanston but am only home half the month, other half in Latin America and PA.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Alex Svenson:
    I live in evanston but am only home half the month, other half in Latin America and PA.
    Alex, you ever been to Cigar King in Skokie? They're having a big event on the 15th for Patty's Day. If you're in town, I'll probably be there.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    lilwing88:
    Alex Svenson:
    Alex, you ever been to Cigar King in Skokie? They're having a big event on the 15th for Patty's Day. If you're in town, I'll probably be there.
    You say that so casually, when we all know that you would basically sell your nuts, chop off your snake, and still jizz in your pants to sit down and have a smoke with The Alex...
    Hays:
    lilwing88:
    Alex Svenson:
    You say that so casually, when we all know that you would basically sell your nuts, chop off your snake, and still jizz in your pants to sit down and have a smoke with The Alex...
    Is it wrong?
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Actually, I fly back to PA on the 15th. Also, I try to avoid going into B and M stores unless I know the owner. Believe it or not, they dont like us mail order guys :) That said, I do belong to private cigar lounge by old orchard in wilmette. Great spot to relax and smoke. I have some guest passes if you want to join me for a cigar. Offer stands for any of you guys that come to chicago and want to grab a smoke. Ill even break open some of my best boxes.
    Alex Svenson:
    Actually, I fly back to PA on the 15th. Also, I try to avoid going into B and M stores unless I know the owner. Believe it or not, they dont like us mail order guys :) That said, I do belong to private cigar lounge by old orchard in wilmette. Great spot to relax and smoke. I have some guest passes if you want to join me for a cigar. Offer stands for any of you guys that come to chicago and want to grab a smoke. Ill even break open some of my best boxes.
    That'd be great! I'm on furlough (what us po-po call vacation) for the whole month of March. Let me know what day is good for you and I'll definitely be interested. I'll even hook you up with some cool "cop swag" for your troubles.
    check your pm.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Alex, as always, the level of your guys' service is great! To hang with the forum online is one thing, to hang in person is another. Yeah, you guys are just regular guys in a cool biz but it's cool that it doesn't go to your head.
    I cant tell you how many great friends I have made over cigars. Remember, for all of us at Cigar.com including myself, this was a hobby long before a job. I love herfin and it always amazes me how cigars bring together people from different backgrounds, interests, professions, etc. It really is a brotherhood unlike anything else.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    lilwing88:
    Hays:
    lilwing88:
    Alex Svenson:
    Is it wrong?
    Lol of course not...I'd do the same ;-)
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Alex Svenson:
    Hmmmmm... I live in Milwaukee, about a couple hours away from Chicago... This may be the best use of $2.74 a Gallon EVER!!!
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
  • MarkHMarkH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    Hey...I'm a Chicagoan once a month. Next trip 3/16 - 3/18. Ya know when I Googled Cigars Chicago, I got an address for cigar.com on North LaSalle. I wonder if it's Alex's fortress of solitude?
    MarkH:
    Hey...I'm a Chicagoan once a month. Next trip 3/16 - 3/18. Ya know when I Googled Cigars Chicago, I got an address for cigar.com on North LaSalle. I wonder if it's Alex's fortress of solitude?
    Like Superman????
    except the crystals are replaced with giant cigars and tobacco plants mmmmmmmmmm
    dennisking:
    except the crystals are replaced with giant cigars and tobacco plants mmmmmmmmmm
    And instead of a cape, Alex wears a smoking jacket made from silk spun by spiders only found on the moon.
  • MarkHMarkH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    dennisking:

Yes..and instead of his father Jor-El speaking thu the crystals, Alex hears Don Pepin Garcia...El.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    You guys are so crazy
    Indeed, you guys are crazy LOL. That address is from our old office before we moved to PA. My fortress of solitude is actually down in Nicaragua!!! Anyone that is married knows there is no such thing as solitude at the house =)
    Hey Alex ...Sorry if this has been addressed lately but whats the status of the forum blend production and is it still going forward. I thought it was gonna be out around February or so , hope I have not missed out .
    My face is sooo red over here. The factory is backed up 6 months. I am still trying get those originals out and set up the page for making it a quarterly thing with voting etc. I need to nail it down. Will give you guys an update.
    Thanks man ...looking forward to it .
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    Alex Svenson:
    I cant tell you how many great friends I have made over cigars. Remember, for all of us at Cigar.com including myself, this was a hobby long before a job. I love herfin and it always amazes me how cigars bring together people from different backgrounds, interests, professions, etc. It really is a brotherhood unlike anything else.
    You have a PM Alex :)
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    Lasabar:
    Alex Svenson:
    Hmmmmm... I live in Milwaukee, about a couple hours away from Chicago... This may be the best use of $2.74 a Gallon EVER!!!

I would be up for car pooling next weekend if you want. Hit me up.
    MarkH:
    dennisking:

Yes..and instead of his father Jor-El speaking thu the crystals, Alex hears Don Pepin Garcia...El.
    No way dude, it's AJ Fernandez that he talks to.
    so the new X-Men are AJ Fernandez, Nestor Plasencia, Pepin, Jesus Fuego, and Alex is Mr. Xavier sans the wheelchair.