Home General Discussion

Double Happiness - does it actually work?

2»

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    An extremely interesting bit of info; so how would these age in a humidor if we wanted the age them for a year or more? I'm assuming we'd have to clip one end to get the best result?
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    xmacro:
    An extremely interesting bit of info; so how would these age in a humidor if we wanted the age them for a year or more? I'm assuming we'd have to clip one end to get the best result?
    Yes and no. The tobaccos would still marry but the some of the aging qualities would be hindered yes. It would be like aging a cigar in cello essentially so these will not age quite like a standard cigar unless you cut it. Great question.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Alex Svenson:
    xmacro:
    Yes and no. The tobaccos would still marry but the some of the aging qualities would be hindered yes. It would be like aging a cigar in cello essentially so these will not age quite like a standard cigar unless you cut it. Great question.
    So aging a cigar in cello affects the results? Is this an answer to the great debate? Cello on or off? How significant is the difference???
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    I've read that over time, as the oils come up, they yellow the cello, which shows that the cigar is nicely aged, but the side effect is that it clogs the cello pores, preventing air exchange and essentially suffocating the cigar (though cutting the cello at the foot of the cigar alleviates this problem). But other than that, I've never heard of cello affecting aging, nor have I ever heard of "aging qualities" - maybe Alex can help out (yet again :) )
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    We are venturing a bit out of the scientific area and now into the preference and opinion realm. It is my personal opinion that cello slows the aging the process. A lot of guys use the yellow cello rule and leave cigars until the cello turns as they think it is like the red button on a turkey indicating they are ready lol. For me, I get a box for aging and unsleve all of them except 5 which I know I am going to want to smoke before they age completely. I also have lots of extra empty cello in the house that I put the cigars back into before taking them out in my cigar case so they can protect the wrappers. Again, just my .02. This is largely a matter of opinion and preference and I dont think there is a right or wrong answer.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    dennisking:
    One2gofst:
    I saw these over the weekend when a print catalog appeared in my mailbox from another company. Its so weird that Alex has been involved with the process when everyone knows these two companies are fierce competitors and are in no way related ;)
    look close at that ad in the magazine, the man lighting the G2 stick is strangely familiar.

My post was poking fun at how up in arms some folks get when you mention that Ccom and another company are under the same ownership, yet how the head dude at Ccom was integral in designing these sticks and they appear first in another company's catalog.

Just interesting, thats all. ;)
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    well these are now up for purchase. Anyone bit on em??
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I'd like to try it, but only really want 6 out of the 10, the Mow, Ruination, Blue Steel, Achilles, Diesel, and Triple A. Maybe when they are in stock I'll think about it. I recall Alex saying something about a special offer that may happen, I'd want to see what that is before I commit to anything.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Alex Williams:
    Are they on the website somewhere and I'm just not finding it? Or is it a call in only deal right now?
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Alex Svenson:
    We are venturing a bit out of the scientific area and now into the preference and opinion realm. It is my personal opinion that cello slows the aging the process. A lot of guys use the yellow cello rule and leave cigars until the cello turns as they think it is like the red button on a turkey indicating they are ready lol. For me, I get a box for aging and unsleve all of them except 5 which I know I am going to want to smoke before they age completely. I also have lots of extra empty cello in the house that I put the cigars back into before taking them out in my cigar case so they can protect the wrappers. Again, just my .02. This is largely a matter of opinion and preference and I dont think there is a right or wrong answer.
    Damn it man, you didn't help the debate at all, you just added more fuel to the fire, lol.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Alex Svenson:
    xmacro:
    Does this mean I should take my 5 Vegas Relics and cut the ends to help them age properly?
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    j0z3r:
    I'd like to try it, but only really want 6 out of the 10, the Mow, Ruination, Blue Steel, Achilles, Diesel, and Triple A. Maybe when they are in stock I'll think about it. I recall Alex saying something about a special offer that may happen, I'd want to see what that is before I commit to anything.
    you have a pm. and you can email or call for the em now. just not online yet.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Duder2:
    Alex Williams:
    Are they on the website somewhere and I'm just not finding it? Or is it a call in only deal right now?
    Saw the box of these in the new catalog today
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Hays:
    Duder2:
    Alex Williams:
    Saw the box of these in the new catalog today
    Aha, I haven't got the new catalog yet. That explains it. I did however see them on the sister site, I'm tempted.
    TatuajeVI:
    Alex Svenson:
    xmacro:
    Does this mean I should take my 5 Vegas Relics and cut the ends to help them age properly?
    great question. I find relics and MATASA 30th merfecto all age best when you cut the foot bofore putting then down for rest.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Alex Svenson:
    TatuajeVI:
    Alex Svenson:
    xmacro:
    great question. I find relics and MATASA 30th merfecto all age best when you cut the foot bofore putting then down for rest.
    Thanks for the heads up, and it does make sense. I'll cut the ones I've got and keep that in mind for future purchasing.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    my only reservation about clipping and then setting it down to rest is that if i clip it i feel that i cannot use that cigar in a trade. if i send a cigar out, i want it to be as close to perfect and original condition as i can.