Home General Discussion

Cusano

kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Saw this yesterday on another forum.
    I don't think it weighed on me then but this could be interesting.

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Wow, I bet something we will never know about must have happened. I just saw him last month at Outlaw Cigar. Man he was pushing those cigars and having a good time.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    jsnake:
    Wow, I bet something we will never know about must have happened.
    i agree. i dont think davidoff "forced" him out but i wouldnt surprise me if they gave him a very good offer to stop working with them.

Davidoff has been trying to build their cigars image not so much as an image but as a lifestyle. maybe Mike didnit fit in it.

... or maybe he was just getting burned out.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Wow. Well good Luck to him. He built a pretty damn good line of cigars.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Reading the article, there was a lot between the lines. I wonder what really happened?
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    The whole buyout thing has me nervous. I love the Cusano 18 double maduro. I hope it continues unchanged. Maybe he will do like Ernie and start a new line.
    jacketsrule:
    The whole buyout thing has me nervous. I love the Cusano 18 double maduro. I hope it continues unchanged. Maybe he will do like Ernie and start a new line.
    camacho was bought out as well. that makes ME nervous.

however, cusano was made in Davidoff's factory anyway. i doubt they will change much if at all.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    kuzi16:
    i doubt they will change much if at all.
    I'm just waiting for a $25 Cusano. :)
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    HA!

i think they were looking for a mid price range cigar to sell so i dont think the price would be the biggest change.
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    They aren't far from that in California are they? I'm sure Doogie could show you a $25 Cusano up in America, Jr.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    madurofan:
    America, Jr.
    Now I'm confuzzled...I thought Mexico was America Jr. and Canada was the retarded cousin nobody talks about. Big Smile [:D]

But yeah, I'm sure Doug could show me a lot of cigar prices that would make me sick...I don't envy him that...hopefully our government doesn't get that out of hand with tobacco legistation/regulation/whatever else.
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    America, Jr.
    Now I'm confuzzled...I thought Mexico was America Jr. and Canada was the retarded cousin nobody talks about. Big Smile [:D]

But yeah, I'm sure Doug could show me a lot of cigar prices that would make me sick...I don't envy him that...hopefully our government doesn't get that out of hand with tobacco legistation/regulation/whatever else.
    Mexico is that adopted cousin that doesn't look like the rest of the family. Canada, well, you know that aunt that drinks too much? Canada is her kid, they don't quite look right and talk funny ...
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    America, Jr.

Mexico is that adopted cousin that doesn't look like the rest of the family. Canada, well, you know that aunt that drinks too much? Canada is her kid, they don't quite look right and talk funny ...
    Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is no laughing matter......... just ask a Canadian.

.........I'm sooooooo going to hell for this.
  • Alex SvensonAlex Svenson BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    Talked to mike yesterday and he is happy as can be. I dont know what happened nor would I ever begin to speculate, but he is a good friend and I am happy that he is content with his decision.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Good info thanks Alex.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Alex Svenson:
    Talked to mike yesterday and he is happy as can be. I dont know what happened nor would I ever begin to speculate, but he is a good friend and I am happy that he is content with his decision.
    That's good to hear!
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    j0z3r:
    hopefully our government doesn't get that out of hand with tobacco legistation/regulation/whatever else.
    Wouldn't that be the shlt in my oatmeal... The government will regulate everything about tobacco, so the only place you can smoke is every other month on only the third Tuesday of that month and then when all hope is lost and we all just either throw away our cigars or get thrown in jail for smoking at home in our airtight sealed rooms... and it will then and ONLY then when a cigar is further from our thoughts that the government will remove the ban from cuba... so it'd be pointless anyway...
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    . . . how'd this change from talk of Cusano to the embargo with cuba?
    Alex Svenson:
    Alex, its just interesting that his brother is taking over.

Tell Mike we hope he doesn't get out of the industry.