Home General Discussion

Humidor Shopping of A Different Sort

HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
So fellas, I've been shopping for a new humidor myself. Contrary to our general m.o. of shopping for the biggest humi our budgets will allow, I'm actually looking for a small one! I have a beautiful 300ct that still has plenty of room, but it's just too big to display openly in my home right now. Instead, I'm looking for a very nice 10-20ct (20ct maximum) that I can sit out on my coffee table or such. This humi will be for my give-aways, but I do plan on splitting it 50/50 premiums and super-premiums. Seems like all of the small humis I've seen are really chintzy looking (cheap), and that just doesn't cut it for me. I did see this one set that was really cool at a local smoke shop, and though it's not what I was looking for originally I'm liking it and would be interested in hearing if anybody has seen something similar?

This is all attached to one black tray base: 1 10ct(ish) humi (with a handle! I love it! I've never seen a humi with a handle on the lid!!!), 2 pen holders (with pens), and an open tray (for cutter/lighters/matches I'm assuming)...thoughts?

Photobucket

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Well, if the price is right, just dollar test it and use the whoosh test and if it passes and go for it. What does that one run, about $30 or so?
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    I actually did the dollar test at the store, and it passed quite well. Shop said they didn't know the exact price (it's a huge smoke shop staffed by teenage potheads) but said it was probably $80-$100... Keep in mind, it IS retail - may be quite a bit cheaper online, but I haven't found it online yet.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    It looks good but 80 - 100 dollars wwwoooooooo kinda high !
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Yeah, seriously - for $80-$100, you can do much better. You could order a travel humi, a few nice pens and a bowl to hold matches/cutters for around $50. If you're set on spending that much, talk to Waxing Moon about something (yeah, I'm a total fan of his work)

Try to look at the underside of it and see who makes it, then see if you can't get the store to divulge the name of the humidor - with the name and the manufacturer, you can probably find it online pretty easily. In my experience, a lot of B&M's gouge on the price of humidors; I've seen my local B&M sell a humi for $200 that I cound find online for $60
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Hays, Look on line. You can do much better than that in price and quality. There are a ton of small ones around and they shouldn't cost anywhere near that much.
  • WaxingMoonWaxingMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 328
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    teenage pot heads?!?! Oh boy. All you need to do is show up with some munchies. Just barter a chocolate bar for the humi.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Jdorais:
    teenage pot heads?!?! Oh boy. All you need to do is show up with some munchies. Just barter a chocolate bar for the humi.
    Lmao! Shameful thing is, they have a hUGE walk-in, that is stocked with maybe 15-20 boxes... This thing could hold hundreds of boxes, and they just don't bother.