Home General Discussion

Freakin pissed!

txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
I didnt have a chance all week to sit back with a smoke until last night. Broke out a Perdomo ESV 1991 for what figured to be a nice melow smoke. Started out a little rough but as the ample amount of smoke dumped out of this cigar I stated really enjoying it. It was dead silent outside and the dogs were walking around doing their thing and I hear a snap and crackle (similar to rice crispies) I figure it was one of the dogs steping on something...boy was I wrong. About half way thru the cigar, the wraper poped open and continued to rip its self apart. Dont get me wrong, I know these are all hand made so some level of human error is expected...but why tonight???? None of my other smokes that have had longer have ever done this so I know it isnt a humdification problem. I just wanted to know if Perdomos have a problem with that? Any thoughts would help...Thanks fellas.

Comments

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Man, that stinks. Sorry to hear that happened to you.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    That does suck tx. However usually a cigar busting open like that is a storge problem not a manufacturer problem. Typically its a sign of over humidification.

Perdomos ESPECIALLY the ESV are typically well made. I go through a few of the segundos and have never had a burn problem.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    i hear that this can especially be a problem when its cold outside. big temp variances will supposedly do that
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    gotchya...thanx guys.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    dennisking:
    i hear that this can especially be a problem when its cold outside. big temp variances will supposedly do that
    This is what happened to me w/ a man o war. It was great smoke till about half way down then came apart, but then again...it was 15 degrees outside. ;)
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    I've had some of the ESV Cameroon (maestro) tubos and loved them. No problems, great flavors, etc. Then I picked up one of the ESV connies from a local cigar bar (they keep their stuff at a pretty level 68-70 and I've never had problems with anything else from their humi) and same thing happened. That connie wrapper just seemed thin and fragile. Ended up splitting so much, I tossed it half way through. Sorry to hear you had the same experience.
  • DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 58
    The one connie I have had thus far was a Nub Conneticut and it was very tasty but about halfway through I walked away to go to the rest room and when i got back the first draw split right down the middle... My buddy was smoking a Verdadero Organic at the same time and the same thing happened to him to the point of the whole wrapper falling off! I kinda lost faith in Conneticut wrappers after that... besides I prefer a stong Man O War style cigar.
  • mobyallanmobyallan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 69
    I have yet to have that happen - knowing my luck it would happen on a night such as the one you just described. I feel your pain sir.

• jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    I have been smoking and enjoying Perdomo's for about 12 years. They are well made. I had the same problem on super Sunday with a My Father. Hand Made means every one is different. Fortunately, it is a rare occurance.