Home General Discussion

Save Your Bands!!

illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums but not new to the site, just wanted to let everyone know that I have begun a sort of creative project dealing with cigars! I am creating a "cigar band collage" using a 2' x 4' posterboard and a LOT of cigar bands. I have a few already but if anyone would be willing to save theirs from the sticks they smoke and send me to them I would greatly appreciate it! I think this could turn into a very cool project, any help would be greatly appreciated! Anyone who is willing to help PM me and I will give you my address. Thanks!

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    You mean like this?? imageimage
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    almost gypsy! they would be more layered and disorganized, a little less formal I guess is how I would say it? Those are pretty nice, those yours??
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Wow that one Perdomo Band is freaking HUGE!!!
    yea thats the lot 23 if im not mistaken... got a few of those resting and once this weather here in So Illinois warms up I'll hopefully get to try one out!
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    illinoisgolf99:
    yea thats the lot 23 if im not mistaken... got a few of those resting and once this weather here in So Illinois warms up I'll hopefully get to try one out!
    I dont think Illinois will ever warm up.. Damn this snow
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    illinoisgolf99:
    almost gypsy! they would be more layered and disorganized, a little less formal I guess is how I would say it? Those are pretty nice, those yours??
    Yep the wife through that together for me. I am thinking of doing a (don't laugh) Scrapbook because I have a lot of bands that I have not used and want too. Maybe I can get the warden to do that for me too! LOL
    I know tell me about it... been living in IL most of my life and the weather is so volitile it can drive you mad! You live in IL cank?
    thats awesome gypsy! the scrapbook is a cool idea hopefully your wife will accept the challenge hahaha
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    As much as I view scrapbooking as quite possible the... most feminine and awful thing in the world, it would be sweet to have a book with some of my favs in it. Each page would have a pic or two of the cigar before and during smoking, then the band could be in there, and then a full review of the cigar. Could end up looking really awesome.
    Yea I think if the time and effort is put into something like that over time it would become a pretty cool project.. this weather needs to warm up so I can go outside and smoke already!
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    I keep one of each band and glue it to the "backsplash" on my garage workbench. I let these overlap a bit - kind of looks like really busy wallpaper from a distance. I actually cover this now when I doing a project out there. I keep forgetting what bands I already have. If you have a list of what you would like let me know. Or if you want to send me a PM with your address, I'll collect all the extras I can find and send them to you.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I've started keeping bands a couple months ago. I bet there's over 300 so far. I stick them in my wallet to flatten them out, then in a ziplock bag they go. I'm gonna make a large wood frame for them to hang over my humidor, in a collage fashion.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    cabinetmaker:
    I've started keeping bands a couple months ago. I bet there's over 300 so far. I stick them in my wallet to flatten them out, then in a ziplock bag they go. I'm gonna make a large wood frame for them to hang over my humidor, in a collage fashion.
    i do the wallet trick to flatten mine as well.

i sent out a package of them a while ago but im building back up. this time i have a disproportionate amount of LFD bands.

time to mix it up a bit i guess...
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    illinoisgolf99:
    Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums but not new to the site, just wanted to let everyone know that I have begun a sort of creative project dealing with cigars! I am creating a "cigar band collage" using a 2' x 4' posterboard and a LOT of cigar bands. I have a few already but if anyone would be willing to save theirs from the sticks they smoke and send me to them I would greatly appreciate it! I think this could turn into a very cool project, any help would be greatly appreciated! Anyone who is willing to help PM me and I will give you my address. Thanks!
    Like others I am sure , I save All of Mine, been doing this for a while and the collage idea is something I am definatley doing, so I am sorry i wont contribute to yours. Enjoy it!
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    cabinetmaker:
    Word got out at work that I like cigars. Now whenever someone has one (that doesn't usually) they bring me the band to keep and ask me what I think of that cigar. I also tuck them in my wallet and this does do a great job of flattening them out.