Home General Discussion

Top 10

Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
Does anyone know how they figure the top ten cigars on the home page? I just can't see enough people shellin out the cash for that davidoff for it to get on there.

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Ccom seems to be a rather reputable outfit, and more popular than it seems with its employees that we all know. I'd be willing to bet only a very small percentage of the buyers come onto the forums; I don't doubt there are plenty of big time cigar buyers who just don't bother coming onto the forums
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    xmacro:
    I'd be willing to bet only a very small percentage of the buyers come onto the forums; I don't doubt there are plenty of big time cigar buyers who just don't bother coming onto the forums
    And this is probably exactly the case. I've met more than one guy who's said "Oh yeah, I've bought from there plenty of times", but when I mentioned the forum they look at me dumbfounded.
  • mobyallanmobyallan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 69
    I've wondered this myself. I agree with the idea that only a small percentage of buyers end up here on the forums. Plus I can't think of anyone I've read about on here that can shell out the cash for the pricey sticks.

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I'd say just how much they sell...

But then when Svenson said he couldn't get enough of a cigar it just so happened to be on the No.1 spot... so either it's sales driven or just whatever the Magnificent Alex chooses
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I am always surprised to see that 5 Vegas Classic isn't a staple of the top ten. Seems like everyone buys them as an everyday stick or has gotten them in a sampler or on a daily deal consistently throughout the year.

I do like Davidoffs though. I wish I had the $$ to buy more than one or two.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    When you guys talk about not having the money to purchase the "pricy sticks", it kinda hits a funny bone with me. I'm Canadian, and our tobacco taxes are nuts. Picture this: A Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 that sells @ ccom on a daily deal for what...$4 a stick? In my local B&M, that same stick is $26.50 EACH!!! A box of cigars up here can run you between $400 and $1200 easily, and MUCH MORE if you want a Davidoff, @ $58.00 a stick, Cohiba @ $65.00 a stick. You folks are crazy lucky to get your cigars for such increadibly crazy, insane, amazing prices!

I guess it all comes down to perspective. One quick look into my humidors would have a fellow Canadian believing that I won the lottery, and the American would wonder why I don't have any "pricy" sticks!~

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Sounds like Canada has the perfect conditions for a black market; that's what you get when you ban something, or raise prices where it becomes prohibitive
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    WOW cam, that's crazy.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    camgfs:
    When you guys talk about not having the money to purchase the "pricy sticks", it kinda hits a funny bone with me. I'm Canadian, and our tobacco taxes are nuts. Picture this: A Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 that sells @ ccom on a daily deal for what...$4 a stick? In my local B&M, that same stick is $26.50 EACH!!! A box of cigars up here can run you between $400 and $1200 easily, and MUCH MORE if you want a Davidoff, @ $58.00 a stick, Cohiba @ $65.00 a stick. You folks are crazy lucky to get your cigars for such increadibly crazy, insane, amazing prices!

I guess it all comes down to perspective. One quick look into my humidors would have a fellow Canadian believing that I won the lottery, and the American would wonder why I don't have any "pricy" sticks!~

Man, I feel rich now.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    camgfs:

Damn! I travel to Singapore for work and I thought there taxes on tobacco products were crazy, but that Canadian price is ridiculous! i guess once again we should be thankful to live in America, and keep fighting for our rights!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Hays:
    xmacro:
    I'd be willing to bet only a very small percentage of the buyers come onto the forums; I don't doubt there are plenty of big time cigar buyers who just don't bother coming onto the forums
    And this is probably exactly the case. I've met more than one guy who's said "Oh yeah, I've bought from there plenty of times", but when I mentioned the forum they look at me dumbfounded.
    This is why my signature used to read, "Cigar.com forums: a collection of cigar enthusiasts with a message board addiction."
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Massachusetts has a 30% Excise tax on tobacco products and thats on top of our 6.25% sales Tax!!!!