Home General Discussion

Hello Everyone! (Newbie)

Crusader1545Crusader1545 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
Well just wanted to introduce myself I am from Alabama......(no im not married to a cousin or any relative)...haha anyway I am 22 years old and as far as cigars go I am a newbie my first ever was an Opus X I had while on a cruise 3 years ago. Since then I have fallen in love with cigars. My 2 current favorite sticks are Gurhka Ancient warrior and Acid Kuba Kuba. I work in law enforcement and I hope to join in on some great discussions and even some of the reindeer games I see you guys have going.....the town I come from does not have any cigar retailers...so....I started my own haha but thats another story for another day......I hope to meet all of you and be a contributing member to this community!

Comments

• txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    Welcome! Be ready to waste the rest of your free time on here...
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Welcome to the forums. This is an awesome board with a large depth of experience. I find myself learning something new pretty much every day.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Welcome!

Did you feel alright after your first stogie being a opus? I think that would have placed me firmly on my @ss
  • Crusader1545Crusader1545 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Lol I was on a royal carribean cruise and had one in their lounge after gambling.......and well....could not finish it I remember my head swirling haha waited a bit and took a walk around the deck haha! Of course the lady who sold it thought it was funny when I took the match and tried to light without puffing..... And the middle burned out without burning the edges....good times
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Crusader1545:
    Lol I was on a royal carribean cruise and had one in their lounge after gambling.......and well....could not finish it I remember my head swirling haha waited a bit and took a walk around the deck haha! Of course the lady who sold it thought it was funny when I took the match and tried to light without puffing..... And the middle burned out without burning the edges....good times

Yup, sounds about right. Have you tried one since then?
  • mobyallanmobyallan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 69
    Welcome! In my short time here, I have learned so much and continue to learn each day.

Enjoy!

No I haven't I want to start in the pond before jumping into the ocean. I am currently smoking RP sungrown robusto, Romeo y julieta 1875 bully, gurhka ancient warrior, gurhka grand reserve and punch champion natural.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey Crusader.. Nice to have you with us. Nothing like starting at the top when you try a cigar. Kind of a strong place to begin, but Hey, it got you interested. Enjoy your time here.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Welcome to this group. It is a wiidely varied bunch coming from all walks and opinions with a love of the leaf. You are now a Brother of the leaf (BOTL)
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Welcome to our twisted little family here! lol Hope you enjoy your stay and stick around. It can be a fun group with a ton of info. I have to admit there are some of the most generous people I've ever met here.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    txjayhawk:
    Welcome! Be ready to waste the rest of your free time on here...
    Ain't that the truth
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Goldy:
    Crusader1545:

Yup, sounds about right. Have you tried one since then?
    LoL, I've been smoking cigars now for little over a year, and I couldn't even finish an Opus, lol! At least you didn't hurl.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    Welcome. What part of AL? I attended JSU, home of the might Gamecocks.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Welcome New Guy! As many others have said, heckova way to start your cigar love-affair, but at least it kept you interested! Stick around - it's good times 'round these parts.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Welcome to the forums and look I didnt bash on you Hays
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    kingjk729:
    Welcome to the forums and look I didnt bash on you Hays
    LMAO as soon as I saw your name as the latest response I HAD to look to see if you had said something...a$$
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Well hiya crusader!! as you may or may not have notice, this unique bunch of cigars we call BsOTL, is a mix of fillers and binders like you can't even believe. We have big ones and small ones, tall ones and wide. Smart ones and crazy ones, of all shapes and size!! watch out for "dew n' vodka" nights, that's when the sane posts begin to blur...
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Hi, Y'All. Welcome to the forum.

• Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Welcome and get ready for one wild ride. How much did you pay for the Opus on the cruse?
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Crusader1545:
    Well just wanted to introduce myself I am from Alabama......(no im not married to a cousin or any relative)...haha anyway I am 22 years old and as far as cigars go I am a newbie my first ever was an Opus X I had while on a cruise 3 years ago. Since then I have fallen in love with cigars. My 2 current favorite sticks are Gurhka Ancient warrior and Acid Kuba Kuba. I work in law enforcement and I hope to join in on some great discussions and even some of the reindeer games I see you guys have going.....the town I come from does not have any cigar retailers...so....I started my own haha but thats another story for another day......I hope to meet all of you and be a contributing member to this community!
    Glad to have another bama botl on the forums! Where are you in Alabama? I'm in Birmingham. What I'd this about a shop???? I love goin to b&ms :)
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Welcome crusader. Tons of good people and info here.
    jacketsrule:
    Welcome. What part of AL? I attended JSU, home of the might Gamecocks.

I played for Troy we cant be friends sorry....haha
    Alex Williams:
    Crusader1545:

Glad to have another bama botl on the forums! Where are you in Alabama? I'm in Birmingham. What I'd this about a shop???? I love goin to b&ms :)

it's really just a humi set up in a local package store but I would be more than happy to meet ya there some time....sell ya some sticks at cost its in the oxford area about an hour away or so from you. Pictures are in the thread about the oasis humidifier.
    Sandman1am:
    Welcome and get ready for one wild ride. How much did you pay for the Opus on the cruse?

27 dollars plus a 3 dollar tip for a Opus X Double Corona
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Crusader1545:
    Alex Williams:
    Crusader1545:
    it's really just a humi set up in a local package store but I would be more than happy to meet ya there some time....sell ya some sticks at cost its in the oxford area about an hour away or so from you. Pictures are in the thread about the oasis humidifier.
    Damn bro! That's a sweet setup! I'll have to do that sometime! It's be cool to share a smoke with you! I sent you a pm btw.
  • taddowtaddow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 51
    Glad to have you aboard!!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Crusader1545:
    Sandman1am:
    27 dollars plus a 3 dollar tip for a Opus X Double Corona
    That's not too bad esp. in that atmosphere.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    From one newbie to another welcome my friend, there is always great advice on these boards.