Home General Discussion

how do you feel after a nice, calming smoke?

txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
I dont know if it is just me, but being the former "athlete" (offensive lineman) that I am, a good smoke after a great meal is as perfect as a massage for me at the end of a day. There is nothing like sitting out back on a wonderful clear night with tons of smoke, good music, and a good drink to put the night to a close. Being a newbie to the forum I dont want to waste the grizzled vets time on here but seriously...how amazing is this hobby of ours???

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Amen brother! There is nothing better for me after a long week at work than eating a big meal, pouring a nice glass of bourbon or scotch, and lighting up a good cigar to relax with. It can be with good friends sitting around talking, or with a good book... Either way it's the best form of therapy ever!
  • taddowtaddow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 51
    I totally agree with you! I like to enjoy a cigar, especially late in the evening on my last day of the work week- sitting on the deck while enjoying the night sky with some music and a beverage is total bliss.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I tell my Wife that a good cigar is the same to me as a relaxing bath is to her. It's a nice way to cap off the day.

Who did you play for?
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    Man, I work the graveyard shift, so on my days off I am usually up all night/sleep all day.... There is nothing better than a great meal, watchin some TV with the wife, puttin the wife to bed, then escaping to my back patio, lighting up a great smoke, and just sitting in total solitude watching the stars.... Oh yeah, tonight I had a Cu-Avana connecticut, If you enjoy 5 vegas Gold, give the Cu-Avana a shot...cheap and not bad at all!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Going camping with some friends next weekend and sitting around with my BOTL's talking and smoking sticks is absolutely total relaxation.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I agree with you all. For me, smoking a good cigar is very relaxing. It also allows me to spend some quiet time with the wife (she doesn't smoke, but doesn't mind me smoking) and with my son. It gives us a chance to talk and relax.

Sometimes, I'm out on the patio by myself just relaxing and enjoying the smoke. With the weather here in the Northeast, I really miss the time out on the patio. Is it Spring yet???
  • SaVasSaVas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 250
    A cigar after a stressful day to me is like a joint to a hippie after the cop in their rearview mirror flips on the blues then drives by going after someone else.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    SaVas:
    A cigar after a stressful day to me is like a joint to a hippie after the cop in their rearview mirror flips on the blues then drives by going after someone else.
    lol, that's funny as hell
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    When I have a cigar is one of the few times I feel like my mind is active.
    I get to focus on things that matter. Unlike when I'm at work and engage the auto pilot.

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    How do I feel after a nice calming smoke?

I feel like getting another one!
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    dennisking:
    I tell my Wife that a good cigar is the same to me as a relaxing bath is to her. It's a nice way to cap off the day.

Who did you play for?
    University of Kansas Jayhawks
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    stephen_hannibal:
    I get to focus on things that matter. Unlike when I'm at work and engage the auto pilot.

Fo reals, my mind is incredibly clear and I feel like I have so much more control over it when I'm having and after I have a cigar. I can write my music way better during and after a cigar, I can also play music way better then too unless it's below 30F... then my fingers are like little popsicles and don't work worth sh!t till they are warmed up, but by the time I'm warmed up, I just don't have the motivation anymore.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    nightmaremike31:
    stephen_hannibal:

Fo reals, my mind is incredibly clear and I feel like I have so much more control over it when I'm having and after I have a cigar. I can write my music way better during and after a cigar, I can also play music way better then too unless it's below 30F... then my fingers are like little popsicles and don't work worth sh!t till they are warmed up, but by the time I'm warmed up, I just don't have the motivation anymore.

yeah I understand that...

• mobyallanmobyallan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 69
    for me, cigar time is my "me time" I usually smoke alone and just do nothing but enjoy the crap out of that cigar and think about where it came from, notice all the flavors, etc. When I do smoke with someone, I make sure it is someone that I enjoy conversing with or someone that sucks at dominos - that way my morale is up when I'm done!

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    how do I feel after a nice, calming smoke?

Nice and calm.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    How do I feel after a nice calming smoke?

I feel as good as when I was frequenting a "Gentleman's Club" near my house and began cheating on my Girlfriend and then I got the News the "Cinnamon" was pregnant and that she was seeking a family from me and was to be outed in front of my girlfriend on thanksgiving but then in a stroke of luck "Cinnamon's" '04 Mercury Cougar collided with a train on her way to a tear soaked confrontation with me while my girlfriend was eating dinner with me...

THAT RELIEVED and HAPPY!!!!
  • cjlowecjlowe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2

I`m the same. I end up never being able to get my meditation into my schedule if I dont have my cigar. If I dont get in my meditation I cant write anything worth reading. I write philosophy for a living so self reflection is my way of life.

What kind of music do you play?