Home General Discussion

Stomach Flu.......

lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
My little guy has the stomach flu today. Poor little fella. Cutest thing about it is every time I clean up his puke or change his clothes, he says "Thank you, daddy" in the cutest little voice. Breaks my heart every time.

Sorry for the sappy daddy moment...... just had to share. Now carry on with talk of cigars, booze and cars or somthing!

Comments

• HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    That is really cute. I am really, really looking forward to having kids one day. Of course that is after I actually get my career on track. Oh, and your allowed to have sappy daddy moments!!! If I could, I would to!

And to keep this legit on the forum, I'm going out for a cigar right now with a bottle of Knob Creek to work on my sick whip. Ok.....well the cigar part is true anyway!
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    It's all good bro, how olds your boy? My little monkey is 3 and we had a very similar experience not too long ago. It's hard to see your baby suffer knowing that you can't just fix them and make the pain go away. But it makes the bond between parent and child so much stronger.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    He's 2 1/2 and such a good sport about it. He's still all smiles and laughs in between vomiting sessions.... Right now he's chilling on the couch watching his favorite movie...... The Incredibles.
    lilwing88:
    He's 2 1/2 and such a good sport about it. He's still all smiles and laughs in between vomiting sessions.... Right now he's chilling on the couch watching his favorite movie...... The Incredibles.
    That's one of my favorite movies!! My son is stuck on Finding Nemo and Up. I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen these movies, but I'm down for almost anything Pixar makes anyway.

My son is a tough little monkey too, he got his first black eye right after his 3rd birthday. Him and my brother (he's autistic) were out playing "lightsabers", and my bro didn't see him run behind him and he clipped him. The little padawan is strong, he only cried for a minute and was back on his feet like it never happened.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    lilwing88:
    My little guy has the stomach flu today. Poor little fella. Cutest thing about it is every time I clean up his puke or change his clothes, he says "Thank you, daddy" in the cutest little voice. Breaks my heart every time.

Sorry for the sappy daddy moment...... just had to share. Now carry on with talk of cigars, booze and cars or somthing!
    Right there with ya Bro!! Beleive it or not; those are special moments. My kids keep me sane (& Insane). Its all good. Hope the little guy feels better soon!!!
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    At least you guys get to watch boy movies. I have two little girls and I'm surrounded by princess this and princess that.
    undulac:
    At least you guys get to watch boy movies. I have two little girls and I'm surrounded by princess this and princess that.
    Oh man I feel your pain, I grew up with 2 sisters, one older and one younger and for 10 years it was all princesses, make-up and dress-up. I can't even begin to tell you how many barbie's heads I decapitated out of sheer insanity... Then my little brother came along and the tides of war changed, I was then able to double the amount of barbie decapitation with a second set of hands!! MUAH HA HA HA HAAA!!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    lilwing88:

I know EXACTLY how you feel.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    Luckily my daughter has not had the flu. But she did have a nasty sinus infection last month and I just felt horrible for her. She is only 14 months and all she did was lay on the couch with me all day and had a fever of 103 for a few days. At least when we get sick we know what is going on and why we feel like that when they get sick they have no idea what is wrong they just know they feel like crap.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    undulac:
    Bud. I have a little girl too. She was born first so, she was the spoiled one. I have felt that pain. I just turned her into a Tom Boy. Yeah; She likes cheerleading and dancing and dolls and girly stuff but, we go fishing together, Hockey, Football & Baseball games and all that stuff I (and her little brother) like to do as well.
  • kevster77kevster77 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 68
    kids are cute and actually the reason i get up everyday. my daughter who's 5 told me she want's to be an astronaut when she's older so she can find aliens in space. she also tells everyone daddy smokes stogies. too funny.