Home General Discussion

Guest sticks!!!!

cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
I picked up yesterdays daily deal because of price point, I working on a nice collection of sticks that I enjoy. But after having a divorce party two wks ago and telling everyone to byoc, as you would suspect a couple people came w/o so I provided a couple I enjoy graycliff 1666 and a Oliva O, When later in the evening I was cleaning up I noticed the Graycliff was 1/4 smoked, A tear came to my eye never again will I give an inexperiance smoker a stog worth more than a $1.50.

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Live and learn bro. The only people who have access to my good sticks are the true cigar smokers who can appreciate a quality smoke. All others get a pick from my $2 cigars.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    Right there with you...Thats why I have a little treasure chest on the first shelf of the cabinet....filled to the top with Pirates Gold.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Yup, I have a bundel of Flor de Balony
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    That's why I keep this old box of swishers laying around, for nights just like that. It is a lesson though, once learned, never forgotten.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I agree with all the responses. You can take advantage of the Daily Deals and get some good cigars from time to time under $2.50 a stick. I have some of them that I kind of like, but I don't mind giving one to a first time or new smoker.

Damn Kreig, Swishers? Have you no soul? LOL
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    cooch36:
    I picked up yesterdays daily deal because of price point, I working on a nice collection of sticks that I enjoy. But after having a divorce party two wks ago and telling everyone to byoc, as you would suspect a couple people came w/o so I provided a couple I enjoy graycliff 1666 and a Oliva O, When later in the evening I was cleaning up I noticed the Graycliff was 1/4 smoked, A tear came to my eye never again will I give an inexperiance smoker a stog worth more than a $1.50.
    Buy a Box Of Cuban Rounds.... Hand them to the NON Smokers and let them think they are getting a Cuban Cigar they will think they are GREAT and your The King of Generosity !!!!! ROTFLMAO
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    My smoking buddy last night couldn't keep his eyes open and smoked maybe a 1/4 of my Perdomo ESV 91 conni that was gifted to me a long time ago. What a shame......a $10 cigar all but wasted.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    I don't buy sticks specifically to hand out to others, but I have plenty of decent cigars in my stash that I'm no longer interested in so I typically hand them out. After several years of purchases, we're bound to buy into some hype and be left disappointed from time to time.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    This is why I always keep plenty of 5 Vegas Gold & Classic on hand. Cheap, and a darn good smoke as well. There are some Bucanero Reds that I might give to someone I didn't want to see again...
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I specifically bought a bundle of "Original Cubans" to hand out to people that didn't appreciate a good cigar.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I gave a Nub Habano to a guy that isn't a cigar smoker and watched him waste it and smoke it all wrong. pissed me the hell off.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Flor de oliva makes a good bundle. pick those up.

personally, i never supply cigars to anyone but those who can appreciate my cigars. every stick in my collection is there because i love it. im picky. i dont want to give away what i consider the best when they wont appreciate it.
  • taddowtaddow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 51
    I usually hand out swishers or flavored cigars, like Blondies, for those guests that aren't cigar fans. A lame well known brand or a sweet flavored stick usually interests them enough to finish them.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I don't supply cigars, for that reason alone.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    YankeeMan:
    Damn Kreig, Swishers? Have you no soul?
    ROFL. This is going in my signature.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Anything I don't like gets saved for handouts which I rarely do anyway.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    YankeeMan:
    I agree with all the responses. You can take advantage of the Daily Deals and get some good cigars from time to time under $2.50 a stick. I have some of them that I kind of like, but I don't mind giving one to a first time or new smoker.

lol, the way I see it, they have to work thier way up in order to try a premium smoke...first it's the swisher...if they smoke it...then maybe next would be a backwoods....if they get through that one...then they earned themselves a Puro Indio! lol
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    Krieg:
    YankeeMan:

lol, the way I see it, they have to work thier way up in order to try a premium smoke...first it's the swisher...if they smoke it...then maybe next would be a backwoods....if they get through that one...then they earned themselves a Puro Indio! lol
    ( insert cigarette ) swisher, backwood, etc....
  • mobyallanmobyallan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 69
    cooch36:

I totally get it. I only give guests Flor De Olivas - not that they are bad or anything. I just think that they are of the appropriate price range for people who don't appreciate a good smoke.

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    I really dont worry about it. If I hand them a horrid cigar than I know that they probably wont like cigars. Or if they ever do turn the corner they'll know I gave them a sh!t stick. I prefer to think of myself as a converter and hand over a good mild cigar for newbs or 1st timers to enjoy so that they may keep coming back and smoking more with me.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Fourtotheflush:
    I really dont worry about it. If I hand them a horrid cigar than I know that they probably wont like cigars. Or if they ever do turn the corner they'll know I gave them a sh!t stick. I prefer to think of myself as a converter and hand over a good mild cigar for newbs or 1st timers to enjoy so that they may keep coming back and smoking more with me.
    This is the way I see it. 5 Vegas Golds are my go-to stick for newbs. Costs me $2 and they are fabulous, whether you smoke often or never.
  • nsezellnsezell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    I'm thinking about getting a bundle of the punch segundos. They're 2 bucks a stick for a rothschild second. That's a pretty awesome stick, and for 2 bucks you can still hand em out. Just tell your friends that you got a good deal on them cause they have no bands, but they're premium handmades...
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    I will hand out an Alec Bradley second or a Pirates Gold. If the sponger is feeling bold I wil let them have a Indian Tabak Super Fuerte. All good smokes that I really enjoy smoking too.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I'm a bargain hunter and rarely spend more than $3 on a cigar anyway. So it doesn't really bother me if they smoke it or not. Plus, I've always had the mindset of not caring what someone does with something after I gave it to them; it's theirs now; they can do with it what they will. I would definately never give anything to someone I didn't want around, and if a friend receives any enjoyment whatsoever out of my gift, then I am well pleased.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I am kind of a jerk and I hate giving away/gifting cigars to people who don't look like they are going to invest seriously in it. I love every cigar and even 3 dollar cigars are important to me. So I make people fill out a long questionaire and a short interview process before I give them one. And then I supervise them and taze them when they do stuff wrong. And you can't go wrong with a 5 Vegas gold.
  • Crusader1545Crusader1545 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    I have two words for guest sticks........ Oba oba I hand em out like candy at Halloween!