Home General Discussion

god of fire and etc.

sweetjdsweetjd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 39
what's up with those supper expensive cigars! &500 to $1000 a box, is it that good... is the wrapper made out of gold? haha. has anyone one experience those high price sticks?

Comments

• nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I found a small little B&M that's selling the God Of Fire 3 pack tin for 40 bones, and judging by the rants and reviews of the other fellas here, I'm sure that's worth the price to at least try them out at. I'm going to buy them next week.

See, I'm an Aries, the greek god of war/fire, so I figure it's my destiny to enjoy these cigars since they were made for me.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    The only cigar I've had with a $20 + price tag that I thought was really worth it was the Camacho PE. Opus X's and the like just don't do it for me, never had a GoF, but from what I have read, I don't think I'd enjoy it enough to spend that much on one.The Ashton VSG is a damn good smoke too that I probably would pay $20 for if I couldn't get it cheaper, but fortunately you can generally get them for $15 (even less sometimes) or so if you look a little bit.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I enjoyed the God of Fire, it is a quality cigar, I'd still have a hard time paying retail for one, for that kind of money better cigars can be had.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    alienmisprint:
    The only cigar I've had with a $20 + price tag that I thought was really worth it was the Camacho PE. Opus X's and the like just don't do it for me, never had a GoF, but from what I have read, I don't think I'd enjoy it enough to spend that much on one.The Ashton VSG is a damn good smoke too that I probably would pay $20 for if I couldn't get it cheaper, but fortunately you can generally get them for $15 (even less sometimes) or so if you look a little bit.
    I think that's one of my biggest things I love about cigars, you don't have to pay the MSRP, just look at cigar.com's daily deals and weekend blitz's. Keep those eyes peeled for the good deals, and you'll enjoy the "pricey" cigars and a "poor man's" price.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    Its hit or miss and personal preference with more 0's on the price. Ive tried some that are awesome and some that just fall flat. If you got the money no problem. If you don't your not missing out on anything that will change the world. There are excellent cigars that personally are just as enjoyable to me and cost under $10. However, I aint turning down an oportunity to enjoy a OX, Tats, Casas, or Montis. If you can't enjoy a cigar cuz your worried about burning a $50 bill you shouldn't be smoking it.
  • sweetjdsweetjd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 39
    so I just bought a single (god of fire), I hope it's good as the price was.. I think I'm going to frame the wrapper, and hang it on my wall.:).
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Right now being a relative newcomer to man made cigars, I really can't justify paying too much more than $10 to $15 a stick. I usually keep it in the under $5 range with the Daily Deals. I'm just getting to where I can distinguish flavors between cigars and for me it would be a waste of money until I can really appreciate and justify a cigar over $20.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    YankeeMan:
    Right now being a relative newcomer to man made cigars, I really can't justify paying too much more than $10 to $15 a stick. I usually keep it in the under $5 range with the Daily Deals. I'm just getting to where I can distinguish flavors between cigars and for me it would be a waste of money until I can really appreciate and justify a cigar over $20.
    I am with you...... Being an On and off Cigar smoker for years and now just developing my Palate and enjoying some Damn Good cigars at Under 10 a stick and Many for less, a stick at that cost better preform some damn good tricks if you know what I mean.... IMHO....
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    sweetjd:
    so I just bought a single (god of fire), I hope it's good as the price was.. I think I'm going to frame the wrapper, and hang it on my wall.:).
    WHich one did you buy? The Carlito or the DOn Carlos?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    alienmisprint:
    Tony, I found that the GoF Don Carlos Robusto was a much better version of the Ashton VSG Robusto. The VSG is really good but that last GoF I had almost knocked my socks off. I didn't want to put it down.
  • taddowtaddow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 51
    I too was impressed with the last God of Fire I smoked (I have one left in my humi). I smoked it till my fingers burned.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    j0z3r:
    I enjoyed the God of Fire, it is a quality cigar, I'd still have a hard time paying retail for one, for that kind of money better cigars can be had.
    I like them too. I have 2 of each blend boxes in tubes. I don't buy unless I find a good deal.
    rwheelwright:
    alienmisprint:
    Tony, I found that the GoF Don Carlos Robusto was a much better version of the Ashton VSG Robusto. The VSG is really good but that last GoF I had almost knocked my socks off. I didn't want to put it down.
    what year was that GOF?
  • AyatoAyato Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    I have had (and still sitting on one) the 2005 Don Carlos Robustos. They are one of my favorite cigars.
    I bought the 2006 Don Carlos..
    I hear ya.. I think in going to put it in my humi for awhile to age, before I temp to smoke it.. as I just started too, and my pallet is not tuned yet.. but I just wanted to try it..
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    I like them too. I have 2 of each blend boxes in tubes. I don't buy unless I find a good deal.
    OK. I have to ask. How does one find a good deal? (No seriously. I want to learn). I've seen what I've seen on the Web and I've been to the local B&M's arond me and they're much more $$$.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I was going to ask the same thing.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    I have 8 of these 2006 Piramide by Carlito, been resting 4 months http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/83526.aspx
    *cough cough* c-bid *cough cough*
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    nightmaremike31:
    alienmisprint:
    I think that's one of my biggest things I love about cigars, you don't have to pay the MSRP, just look at cigar.com's daily deals and weekend blitz's. Keep those eyes peeled for the good deals, and you'll enjoy the "pricey" cigars and a "poor man's" price.
    I do know exactly what you're saying, I rarely think about how much the cigar cost when it comes time to smoke it, I've got Decades next to IT Super Fuertes next to 5 Vegas's next to Illusiones, etc....but when It comes down to going to a shop and paying retail for a stick, it better be DAMN good if its over $15.

rwheelwright:
    alienmisprint:
    If that's true I would probably pay for one, I do enjoy the VSG quite a bit. I would pay retial for them if that's the only way I could get 'em. I guess I am gonna have to give the GoFs a shot after all....
    j0z3r:
    PM Sent.
    KCW:
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    OK. I have to ask. How does one find a good deal? (No seriously. I want to learn). I've seen what I've seen on the Web and I've been to the local B&M's arond me and they're much more $$$.
    If you want to know specifics pm me. They were on sale recently.
    KCW:
    j0z3r:
    PM Sent.
    PM back.
    phobicsquirrel:
    KCW:
    phobicsquirrel:
    j0z3r:
    If you want to know specifics pm me. They were on sale recently.
    PM Sent. Thank you.
    j0z3r:
    KCW:
    j0z3r:
    PM Sent.
    PM back.
    Replied.