Home General Discussion

B&M etiquette question......

lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
There's a B&M in my area (not one of my regulars), that I suspect is not storing their cigars properly. The few I've purchased from them have been okay, but a couple have seemed dry. They have such a good selection and decent prices that I want to see them be successful, but is there a way to let them know that I think they keep their cigars too dry without offending them?

I could just stop going, but that wouldn't help them. Maybe they don't know that their cigars are dry.....

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    That's definitely a sensitive subject. Next time you go in and find a few dry cigars, you should just bring them to the counter and let them know. This should be a big hint to them that something is wrong with their RH. You could let them know that the dry cigars really detract from your smoking experience.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Wow that is a sensitive subject. I think I'd find a way to discuss it with them without accusing them of being dry. Maybe something like "what RH do you guys keep your cigars at in the humidor? Do you guys have storage in the backroom? If so what RH is that kept at?"
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    madurofan:
    Wow that is a sensitive subject. I think I'd find a way to discuss it with them without accusing them of being dry. Maybe something like "what RH do you guys keep your cigars at in the humidor? Do you guys have storage in the backroom? If so what RH is that kept at?"
    +1 be tactful when you do it. But do the courtesy of letting them know. They might be clueless.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    jsnake:
    madurofan:
    +1 be tactful when you do it. But do the courtesy of letting them know. They might be clueless.

+2, thats exactly what I was going to say
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    What RH do you like your sticks to be at? If you like them at 75 then 65 might feel really dry to you but would still be within proper range.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Goldy:
    What RH do you like your sticks to be at? If you like them at 75 then 65 might feel really dry to you but would still be within proper range.
    I like them in the 65-70 range. These seem to be definitely under 60.....
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    I agree with others who have said to ask what RH they use. And yes, it can be a sensitive subject. But if you're going to plow so much money into a business, you should at least know the basics about that business.
  • bwcarter54bwcarter54 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142
    I would come right out and tell them. If you go to a resturant and the food is under cooked do you drop hints or do you complain? If the service is bad, what do you do? If you buy a new shirt and get it home and its torn are you afraid you might offend them if you tell them? When You pay your hard urned money to buy something you want a good quaity product. If its defective you let them know and if they don't satisfy you, you don't patronize them anymore. It's not about being a hard a$$, it's about where you spend your cold hard cash. You are probably not in there buying dutch masters cigars, you are buying good quality smokes and you want them kept in the best condition posible. After all it was you who desided to go to them and spend the money.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Just walk in there and say something like "WTF? Is this Amateur hour or something??" lol jk