Home General Discussion

Can I get a Woot Woot?!

jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
Got called back from furlough (lay off) at work today. They have called me in often the past month since they are always out of employees. Today they took me out of lay off status (furlough) and gave me a bump which means I can place myself on any open jobs or take a job from anyone under me which is no one in KC. There are open jobs though. I can go anywhere south of Chicago and take anyone's job who is under me.

This is good news for all of us. Railroad traffic is up 17% already this year. Why is that good for you non-railroad workers and unemployed BOTL? Because the railroad is always the last one to feel a decline in the economy and always the first to recover.

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Hey man, Great news! Which cigar is helping you celebrate?
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Woot woot!!!
    Nice dude... hope things go well for you.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Holy Shlt that is so AWESOME!!! GREAT JOB BUDDY!!!!
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Congratulations to you, sir. I'm glad that things have worked out for you.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    That's great news Jake, I've been seeing and feeling the train more these days on my forklift. Things seem to be getting a little better this year!!
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    Jake you know we have a nice railroad set up here in St. Louis .......
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Congratulations! I didn't know you worked on the RR. I have always been fascinated by trains, probably because of my Grandfather. He worked and retired from the RR during WWII and he always had interesting pictures, stories and "toys". He had friends who still worked down the street from his house at the train depot. When I was young, he would take me down there and let me ride in the engines with a buddy of his. I will never forget that.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Congrats man! I know from experience how tough it is to be unemployed, under employed and hoping for part-time 'scraps' or contract work to get by. Getting back to full time is a great feeling. Let us know what your celebratory stick is going to be!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
  • MarkHMarkH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    Great news Jake. I knew they would call you back. A lot of guys are getting called back up here too. I know our business has been booming, our trains are maxed every day.
  • SaVasSaVas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 250
    The Cank:
    Jake you know we have a nice railroad set up here in St. Louis .......
    Congratulations Jake! And I can second that quote. The St Louis railyards I pass on my way to work seem to be hopping lately. Always a hustle a'bustle
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    a woot woot to you snake! and up 17% too. thanks for that bit of encouraging news, hopefully it will trickle up into my business!
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    nice man. Hey, if you are ever actually near chicago (chicago - or near madison WI) hit me up.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Awesome Snake ............. glad to things are looking up for you again..
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Thank you everybody. I am going to celebrate with a Camacho Triple Maduro. A friend gave me this on Monday and it looks like it can put the hurt on a man.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    Krieg:
    Congratulations! I didn't know you worked on the RR. I have always been fascinated by trains, probably because of my Grandfather. He worked and retired from the RR during WWII and he always had interesting pictures, stories and "toys". He had friends who still worked down the street from his house at the train depot. When I was young, he would take me down there and let me ride in the engines with a buddy of his. I will never forget that.
    That's a great memory! Keep that one tucked away in a safe place my friend. I have similar memories of my grandfather, only they revolve around an old Ford tractor we used to till up the land.

That's really good to hear Jake! You deserve a break and glad you're finding it. What sort of impact does this have on repping for 262 and other possible cigar companies?
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    BStayer:
    Krieg:
    That's a great memory! Keep that one tucked away in a safe place my friend. I have similar memories of my grandfather, only they revolve around an old Ford tractor we used to till up the land.

That's really good to hear Jake! You deserve a break and glad you're finding it. What sort of impact does this have on repping for 262 and other possible cigar companies?
    Obviously I won't have as much time as I have had in the last month or so for cigars. Now that I have landed a few accounts and have events planned it makes the work easier. I have some experience and know what to expect and do now so the repping is easier. For my events I will take the days off from work. Right now I am laying the groundwork for my future in this company. I really believe in the owners and the cigars speak for themselves. I know that eventually there will be a full time position for me as the company prospers and continues to grow.

I made the decision awhile back that 262 Cigars will be the only line I will be repping for. I love the cigars and our branding. We have merchandise coming out and I will have some exciting news to share in the near future. They are still available for a limited time direct from us at www.smoketherevolution.com and will not be available anywhere online when we end this offer. We are in stores in Florida, Missouri, and New York two weeks after launching. The feedback is incredible. I will be posting up a giveaway here very soon so keep an eye out.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Since this is about trains being back in business, shouldn't this post be labeled "Can I get a Choo Choo?!" hahaha, but congratulations Snake. Awesome news to hear
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    jsnake:
    Thank you everybody. I am going to celebrate with a Camacho Triple Maduro. A friend gave me this on Monday and it looks like it can put the hurt on a man.
    Very nice choice for a celebratory cigar. And congrats, man!
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    jsnake:
    A great smoke for great news!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Great news! However, we will hold you to your regular number of posts. LOL
    I will stay active. I like this place and you guys too much.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Congrats brother. It's good to hear of another BOTL that got his job back.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    A little late to the party, but congrats.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Snake great news that things finally came around for you. Sounds like with work and cigar reping you are going to be very busy. Better than the alternative. Good choice in smoking the Camacho Triple Maduro. Wow loved that cigar and it only took me 2 hrs to smoke it. LOL I was amazed how long that little thing smoked for. Congrats again my bother you deserve it.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Congrats snakster !!!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    Thank you everybody. At the hotel now for work. Gives me plenty of time to work on cigar stuff. :)