Home General Discussion

local shop or Internet

sweetjdsweetjd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 39
I like going to the local cigar shop and looking at all the cigars, and picking some up, but they are spendy there, like double of what I pay online... I got a humidor full of cigars that I payed half the price. I do like supporting my local shop.. but it will break my wallet.

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Internet, my local has peeved me off.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I typically stop by a B&M to pick up a single I've been wanting to try and if I like it, I'll go online to buy some more. B&M prices are higher, but I'm willing to pay the premium for the convenience and the speed.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Since my CCOM orders generally show up the next day after ordering, they are the most convenient and fast.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I do go to the B&M here because I like supporting local businesses, but I generally only buy cigars Ccom doesn't carry (Illusione, Cruzado, AB Prensado, some other more limited sticks)
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    sightunseen:
    I typically stop by a B&M to pick up a single I've been wanting to try and if I like it, I'll go online to buy some more. B&M prices are higher, but I'm willing to pay the premium for the convenience and the speed.
    I am in this mindset, I like going to local B&M's meeting people and hanging out for a smoke, I find that My local B&M has all kinds of smokes not offered on line and They treat me really good. They are more expensive per say, But i also find buying multiples on-line can suck if i get one I don't care for, I like to hold the smoke and look at a real stick not a picture. Being a Photographer and artist i find Photos to be deceiving to colors of the leaf etc. I am just a Big Supporter of supporting Local Business , but Tim the Beard gives great service SO Ill continue to Buy from Ccom.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I live in a town of 59 people so thats an easy choice.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    From time to time I grab some smokes at my local B & M. He's a good guy and has a lot of info. He also throws me a freebee from time to time. However, most of my purchases are from ccom.
  • leemarshall337leemarshall337 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    I don't know any decent ones here on Oahu. The one I sometimes visit is non smoking anyways, I'm always the only customer, and the lady knows next to nothing about cigars. The last time I was there I noticed beetles, so I don't plan on going back. I'm glad ccom is here.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    For me it is both. You have too much money if you buy strictly from your B&M and you don't own the place. The internet deals are insane and a no brainer. I believe in supporting my local stores though. I enjoy having a place to relax and hang out with my friends.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    I spend a lot of time at my local B & M, but I buy most of my sticks from CCOM. The B&M gives me a place to smoke in the Winter, and I get to meet and hang out with BOTL. I have met many people I otherwise may never have known. There is even a Micro brand owner who is a regular while He is growing his brand. They are having a Super Bowl Party on Sunday.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    sweetjd:
    I like going to the local cigar shop and looking at all the cigars, and picking some up, but they are spendy there, like double of what I pay online... I got a humidor full of cigars that I payed half the price. I do like supporting my local shop.. but it will break my wallet.
    The only time I will buy in store is if I am in a pinch and REALLY want something badly and cannot wait but in the end I am a fan of buying from whoever can delivery quality and price that is where my loyalties lie like ccom.....I would rather have cigars and the things I want for my family then overpay for someone elses! Also here in Canada there is no smoking of any kind inside so it really is just a store not somewhere you can sit and relax and enjoy what you bought.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    leemarshall337:
    I don't know any decent ones here on Oahu. The one I sometimes visit is non smoking anyways, I'm always the only customer, and the lady knows next to nothing about cigars. The last time I was there I noticed beetles, so I don't plan on going back. I'm glad ccom is here.
    You talking about the place in Pearl City, across from the mall? Yeah, that place sucked. I went in there one time when they were recieving a big shipment off a UPS truck, all the boxes were from CI, lol. On top of that, the lady in there was always eyeballing me like I was going to shoplift or something.

The one down on Ward (Island Pipe and Tobacco I believe) is pretty cool, there is a small smoking area and the owner (or worker maybe) seemed to know his stuff. Their selection is limited, and it is expensive though. The only other shop on Oahu I went to was on King street, don't remember the name though. It was pretty much the same as the one on Ward, very expensive with a limited selection.
  • leemarshall337leemarshall337 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    Hilarious. That's the one. Last time I was there she followed me around the whole time too.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I buy most sticks from CCom but my B&M has sticks that CCom doesn't. It's also nice to pick one up if I just want to try one. I spent 50 bux at the B&M the other day though and only got 5 sticks. I coulda spent the same and got a lot more on here.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I only get sticks at the B&M that I can't get on ccom.
    Like sweet Tat Blacks... though there was that one time.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    In San Francisco, cigar taxes are so high that it's just too expensive to buy at B&M. I go there occasionally just to support the local shop, but I only buy one or two overpriced sticks.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    alienmisprint:
    I do go to the B&M here because I like supporting local businesses, but I generally only buy cigars Ccom doesn't carry (Illusione, Cruzado, AB Prensado, some other more limited sticks)

Unless Im at a cigar bar I buy almost everything at Ccom.
    I did stop by a B&M this weekend and oddly enough I bought an Illusione and a Cruzado!

I paid way too much for them, unless they are the best cigars Ive had Ill stick with the better cigars at CCOM prices. - 2/$20 bucks. thats double or triple what I would want to pay for these.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    For me it's about time. If I had all the time in the world, I'd go to the B&M every day. The one I usually go to has great prices, so it's not about the money for me. It's the convenience and time issue.
  • SaVasSaVas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 250
    I tend to get the majority of my cigars online now, however I do enjoy getting a few every now and then from a couple local shops. There is something great about going into a B&M, walking onto the humidor, picking a few cigars that I've wanted to try, and then enjoying the camaraderie of a bunch of guys shooting the proverbial ship over some tasty sticks and a few drinks. Plus I like to conribute to local businesses, where the staff is fantastic. Not to mention, the delicious food on event nights.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    leemarshall337:
    I went to one in Oahu a friend of a friend it was great he through me freebies and the mayor stopped in and smoked the same freebies that I got!