Home General Discussion

Do You Have A Schedule?

DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
Do you have a schedule for smoking or a pattern maybe is a better choice......myself, I have 1 night a week when I know I will have the opportunity to have a cigar, Monday nights the wife goes out so the kids go to bed and I have some time. Other than that I get them in when I can and spur of the moment a lot of times...I generally smoke larger cigars that take 1 hour+ so drive to/from work is no good and I am at a desk all day....I also smoke outside at home so the limits my ability as well....wife not a fan of my hobby either......I usual have no problem getting in 3 to 4 a week.....

Comments

• KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    I shoot for the weekends (plus I like a couple of beers with my cigars). Only real chance I have. I too have to smoke outdoors or in the garage so, weather is a factor. I like the 1 hr smokes as well. I try for One on Sat. & One on Sun. Now, if I'm on vacation, thats a different story. I would have a daily stick in that case.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    I try to have one a day, usually when I come home from work. I'm very fortunate that my girlfriend supports my hobby and she even smokes one with me from time to time.

For some odd reason, I like to have cigars at night. It feels weird to have one in the morning or afternoon. It's kind of like seeing a matinee or something.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    Usually I have one or two a week. I usually have 2 beers, or some rum, or scotch with it. I usually also smoke the churchills or toros.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    I try to stick to an every-other-day schedule except for Saturdays when we have our regular Saturday herf at the Moose Lodge. Or when we're traveling with our travel trailer I'll usually have one a day.

Marty

• KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I usually try to have one or two a week. Usually on the weekends. My smoking time goes way down during the winter time, so when I do smoke I usually drive up to the cigar bar and chill for a bit.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    My schedule is based on the seasons mostly.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Because I'm an outside smoker, during the Winter it's catch as catch can. From time to time I go to my local B & M and have a smoke or if it gets anywhere near warm enough, I'll have one outside.

During the rest of the year, I tend to go out to my patio mid or late afternoon and have a leisurely smoke and maybe a glass of Irish Mist or a beer with it. I teach two days a week and those days are out, so during the Summer it's about 5 smokes a week for me.
  • sweetjdsweetjd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 39
    usally I have one on my commute to work, I wish we had a cigar bar in MN.. we have a stupid law that you can't smoke in a public business... maybe I should open a cigar shop with a VIP smoke room in the back of the shop. haha.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    I used to only smoke when camping/fishing and such. That changed when I started working from home, as my days were regular hours that could start and end early, and the kids were more grown up.
    Now that I am out of work (since March of 09) I find I have way too much time on my hands and I smoke more often. I have a cigar and forget about my troubles for an hour and a half, give or take, and I can't describe how good that feels. Afternoon or evening smokes, but almost never in the morning, unless the bugs are real bad, lol.

• jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    I smoke during lunch most days in the Winter so it is warmer outside. During the Summer, I will smoke in the evening more. Lately, I have been smoking on the way home from work too.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    KCW:
    I shoot for the weekends (plus I like a couple of beers with my cigars). Only real chance I have. I too have to smoke outdoors or in the garage so, weather is a factor. I like the 1 hr smokes as well. I try for One on Sat. & One on Sun. Now, if I'm on vacation, thats a different story. I would have a daily stick in that case.
    I just got back from vacation a little over a week ago, was so nice I was able to have 3 or 4 a day in the warmth, was a treat to be able to do that!
  • leemarshall337leemarshall337 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    Work and weather would dictate. But I was able to quit working a couple years ago and move to Hawaii, So I normally have a couple a day. My wife is cool with it(just not in the house). I honestly don't think she'd care if I smoked in the house, but we've got kids.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    My smoking is the most random thing about me. I rarely plan smoking events.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    No schedule for me. It's a matter of how I'm feeling that day, but I typically have a cigar on saturday and sunday, and maybe a few during the weeknights.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    My Schedule is all mainly about when ever I can... I built a sealed Man-Cave for myself with Ozone generator, but have rarely used it this winter due to schedule/illness... Phooey!
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    Lasabar:
    My Schedule is all mainly about when ever I can... I built a sealed Man-Cave for myself with Ozone generator, but have rarely used it this winter due to schedule/illness... Phooey!
    My man-cave is my bathroom! It has a fan that sucks out the smoke, and I have an ionic thing that helps out a lot. I bring in a chair and my laptop (or a book), and I'm set. Here in San Francisco there's not a lot of places that allow smoking, so I needed to improvise one day....next thing I knew, that's where I smoked most of my cigars!
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Lasabar:
    Lassy, where did you find a miller ice chest that big???
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Unthought_Known:
    Lasabar:
    My man-cave is my bathroom! It has a fan that sucks out the smoke, and I have an ionic thing that helps out a lot. I bring in a chair and my laptop (or a book), and I'm set. Here in San Francisco there's not a lot of places that allow smoking, so I needed to improvise one day....next thing I knew, that's where I smoked most of my cigars!
    Well... at least you have a place to put the dog rockets!!!!
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    2 full time jobs monday thru friday,so I smoke a couple on the weekends. Mrs. Slob is Ok wqith me smoking in the house if I need to,so weather is not a problem for me.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Monday through Friday it is 0600, 0900, 1230, 1600 hours. Weekends about 1400 hours sometimes followed up with a second treat.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    My full time job and ebay selling keeps me pretty busy during the week, I have been smoking sat and Sunday nights. I find looking forward to the cigar sat night really helps me though the week and every Saturday night cigar is like a celebration for the week, (makes the cigar taste that much better). During the summer i'm sure ill get in 4-5 a week as those summer days/nights are great for smoking
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    sightunseen:
    I try to have one a day, usually when I come home from work. I'm very fortunate that my girlfriend supports my hobby and she even smokes one with me from time to time.

For some odd reason, I like to have cigars at night. It feels weird to have one in the morning or afternoon. It's kind of like seeing a matinee or something.
    I am right there with you BOTL, hell my girlfriend even helped me build a cabinet humidor! She looooooves the Acid Blondies (initially liked it cuz she is a blondie but really enjoys the herbal taste of it now)
  • SaVasSaVas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 250
    No schedule for me. I smoke them when I feel like it. Mainly after work on Saturday I have one. Sometimes one after work on Sunday. Mostly one after work on Monday, and I smoke them when I'm not called into work on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday when I don't have a 'honey-do' list.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I'm lucky my girlfriend encourages me to smoke, I enjoy about 4-5 nights a week in the house, out in sun room (unheated but i'm comfy out there) once in a while to keep smell down. cannot wait till summer to enjoy the deck again.
  • taddowtaddow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 51
    I like to smoke on the weekends with the occasional cigar while I'm doing yard work or shoveling snow. Though I will say that depending on the outside temp (here in Alaska), I might have to take a pass for a warmer weekend- though sometimes I do decide to brave the cold (with appropiate clothing and a warm beverage).
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    Diamondog:
    KCW:
    I just got back from vacation a little over a week ago, was so nice I was able to have 3 or 4 a day in the warmth, was a treat to be able to do that!
    Sweet! Very jealous. I have the best Father In law in the world. He took our whole family to Mexico twice last year.. We had at least one each day and then after dinner they let us smoke them in the huge bar area the Hotel had off the lobby. (We'd get a dirty look every once in a while but the hotel let us do it.) It was great!!!!!
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    taddow:
    I like to smoke on the weekends with the occasional cigar while I'm doing yard work or shoveling snow. Though I will say that depending on the outside temp (here in Alaska), I might have to take a pass for a warmer weekend- though sometimes I do decide to brave the cold (with appropiate clothing and a warm beverage).
    Well hi there taddow, it's good to see an alaskan here on the board, WELCOME!!
  • taddowtaddow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 51
    Thanks for the salutations and greetings from the great north!