Home General Discussion

Question for the Northerner golfers........

lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
When the weather breaks, and you can finally hit the local courses, what's your first golf smoke gonna be?

I've got a Cohiba Siglo IV that's been in my humidor for a couple months now.

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Nice! I can't handle smoking and golfing at the same time. Since I'm a terrible golfer, it ruins the cigar experience. Hmm, for an after-golf smoke, I think my first one will be... I could go with an ISOM Cohiba as well. A fellow BOTL hooked me up with two this winter. Gotta give one a go sometime, seems like as good of an excuse as any.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I'm sort of with Phil on this one. I consider myself a decent golfer (under10 handicap), but if I take a good stick out with my, my scores tend to go up and I never enjoy the stick as much as I want to. I still puff on a cigar out on the course, but I usually take one I know not to be too strong or complex and one that tends to burn consistently. I tend to take out Padron 3000s, La Herencia Cubanas, La Gloria Cubanas, etc. For some reason, I enjoy golf so much that when I get out on the course (maybe 3-4 times a month) I want to be focused on the golf more than the cigar.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I have a set of clubs, but I'm not sure what I do can be called "golfing". When I step on a golf course, people in Scotland roll over in their graves!

When I am finished tearing up the grass, I like something that is medium bodied that would go good with a beer.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    YankeeMan:
    I have a set of clubs, but I'm not sure what I do can be called "golfing". When I step on a golf course, people in Scotland roll over in their graves!

When I am finished tearing up the grass, I like something that is medium bodied that would go good with a beer.
    lol, yeah I feel that way too sometimes. If only I could get my short game up to par... I use to smoke cigars while golfing but not anymore. They usually go out or I have issues keeping them in my mouth while swinging.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Smoking a cigar does nothing for my game, either. I've given up long ago on ever being a "good" golfer. I just like getting outside, enjoying good company and a smoking a cigar or two. The only "short game" I'm worried about is how short of a nub I can smoke my stogie down to! LOL!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    bbc020:
    I'm sort of with Phil on this one. I consider myself a decent golfer (under10 handicap), but if I take a good stick out with my, my scores tend to go up and I never enjoy the stick as much as I want to. I still puff on a cigar out on the course, but I usually take one I know not to be too strong or complex and one that tends to burn consistently. I tend to take out Padron 3000s, La Herencia Cubanas, La Gloria Cubanas, etc. For some reason, I enjoy golf so much that when I get out on the course (maybe 3-4 times a month) I want to be focused on the golf more than the cigar.
    Hell I want to hit the course today! You guys are making me Salivate, I didn't get to go out but a couple times last year with all my Moving and traveling so Im dying to try some of these courses here in Northern California... I am like you Brandon, Ill smoke an old standby on the course, just to have a decent smoke... wouldn't want to spend my Golf Time Critiquing a Smoke... Rock on
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    I still own clubs, but only because I can't bring myself to part with them. I can't golf anymore, and doubt that I ever will be able to again. When my brother tells me he's going golfing, I sit on the deck, light up a good cigar and 'imagine' myself playing a better round than he does. That way I get to enjoy the cigar and the game, lol.

• badge54fdbadge54fd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    I went golfing a couple of weeks ago, INdoors. Unfortunately, no smoking is allowed inside.

Is it time to retire yet? I am definitely going to retire somewhere WARMER, AND somewhere that still allows smoking lounges.

I get to retire in 8426 days

I HATE WINTER......... ok rant over.

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    badge54fd:
    I went golfing a couple of weeks ago, INdoors. Unfortunately, no smoking is allowed inside.

Is it time to retire yet? I am definitely going to retire somewhere WARMER, AND somewhere that still allows smoking lounges.

I get to retire in 8426 days

I HATE WINTER......... ok rant over.

I'm with ya on retiring!!! I only have about 7000 days till I retire!!
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    I have about 1305 days before I have to look for a job, lol. I'm not retired, but it looks like this 'Grandfather' is going back to school in the fall for a 3 year course. Wish I could still golf. When I did golf, I would smoke on the course. It was never a 'special' cigar, just something I could throw down while I took my swing and them brush the grass off and puff away.

• beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86

Ususally the stinkiest thing I can find...just to keep the blackflies off.
  • UGA79UGA79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    I give up on the weather in DC!  Heading to Fla. with my smokes!