Home General Discussion

Thermoelectric Cooler as humi

JCargoJCargo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
Okay... as some of you know I have began to run out of space... I do have a very nice (cheap) thermoelectric cooler that I use at my office to keep drinks luke cool. Its on the coldest setting and cool is a drastic over statement... I need a new humidor and am saving to buy a much larger 3000ct humi. and dont want to waste my valuable cigar budget on buying a bunch of little 300ct desktop humidors... I am going to buy some rh beads do I need to put a fan in the cooler itself? Air does circulate through out but what else should I do to improve this? Or am I a retard and should I just break down and quit buying stogies and buy the humi... it would only be about a month woth of savings but damn it i like my sticks!!! What should I do?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I have a wine fridge humidor. There really isn't much to it. I like using a combination of beads and a cigar Oasis but beads alone would be fine as long as you have enough.

All you really have to do is plug the drainhole, I did this with a shaved down wine cork and a piece of electrical tape over that. After that i recommend placing beads right over where the drainhole was. Other than that its up to you. I recommend throwing some cedar in there but its not required.
  • JCargoJCargo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    Thanks! Thats kind of what I thought... Its not a long term solution but it should work for a couple of months till I get the seven hundo I need.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    It works fairly well long term for a lot of people but a 700 count would be nice.