Home General Discussion

Fast Service

MarkbbMarkbb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 196
Well today I recieved my package of 5 Vegas sampler set and some Gurkha Titans, and I sent in the order on Friday...now thats quick and those Gurkhas look awsome...

Comments

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    That is pretty fast. Question: Who does cigar.com use for mailing? I would assume they use either FedEx or UPS. Enjoy the new sticks.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    They also use the US Postal Service, which I prefer since I get them in half the time it takes for the UPS shipped orders (usually 2 business days instead of 4-5).
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I didn't know that Scrambler. I thought they only offered USPS to military addresses. Good to know.
    Every time I've ordered online, I've selected "saver shipping" and it comes UPS, and takes nearly a week. When I call in an order on the phone, it has always shipped USPS and arrived 2 days later for the same shipping cost. I'd guess USPS is the "standard" option online for for $5 more, but on the phone they can make it happen.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    I just realized that I could click on the confirmation number and get the tracking info and such. When I clicked on the tracking number, it took me to the USPS website. So, I guess it's coming through the mail, as opposed to UPS or the like. I guess it all depends on the order, as Scrambler stated.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Matt Marvel:
    That is pretty fast. Question: Who does cigar.com use for mailing? I would assume they use either FedEx or UPS. Enjoy the new sticks.
    United States Postal Service ( can you believe that ). I always get my stuff FAST !
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Priority Mail has been pretty quick lately. I received a PM package from Washington State to VA last week in only two days. Also, for those who may not know it, if you use the Click 'n Ship on the USPS website, you get a slight discount, plus free delivery confirmation. Just print out the label and hand the box to your carrier.
    I've been wanting to try the click n ship. How do you attach the label, do you use the adhesive labels, or just tape a piece of paper on?
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    You can tape it on (I would recommend using clear tape over the entire label). I use adhesive labels (two to a page) that are actually for UPS shipping but got free from them. Laser printer is best.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Yea mine always comes USPS, and is usually here within a day or two. Of course PA to VA isn't too far.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 196
    U.S. Mail can you believe it....they're getting better
  • sackermasackerma Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    ya last time i placed an order it only took like 3-4 days and i live ou here in california... thats pretty good if you ask me. PS would you recomend the titan over the regent ? (granted the price difference)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the titan is good.

the regent is one of my favorite cigars. personally, i prefer the regent.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 342
    i would like to try the titan ....
  • sackermasackerma Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    kuzi16:
    the titan is good.

well thanks... that makes me feel better cause i ordered a five pack of the regents over a five pack of titans which was only 10 bucks more, but i think it was a good desicion. the titan looks a little intimidating...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    sackerma:
    kuzi16:
    the titan is good.

well thanks... that makes me feel better cause i ordered a five pack of the regents over a five pack of titans which was only 10 bucks more, but i think it was a good desicion. the titan looks a little intimidating...
    I let the titan sit in my humidor for a long time for the simple reason of size and time involved in enjoying it. Smoked it last week and it took almost two hours. But, it kept me there That was the longest I ever spent on a single cigar, and it was very pleasant. Be sure you have the time before you sit down with this one.