Home General Discussion

5 for 5 Smooth & Creamy Sampler

Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
I just placed my order for this. Anyone else tried it? What were you thoughts on it?

Comments

• MarkbbMarkbb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 196
    I guess I missed it???
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Markbb:
    I guess I missed it???
    It's still available

Limit one per customer. I passed on this one because I already had the RP Connecticut (fine for a mild cigar, but I want more). I was excited to try the 5 Vegas Gold, but Scrambler included that for me in my Fun&Games package. I've never had a Fonseca or Gurkha Symphony. I might be intrigued by those, but apparently not enough to pick up the sampler. If I had a pressing need to place an order, I probably would have thrown this in.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    I added the sampler to my last order. At that price, there's no reason not to. The Gurkha, Fonseca, and RP are each roughly $5 as singles, so its a sweet deal. Even if you're not into mild cigars, at this price its worth having them around as handouts.

That said, I haven't smoked any from the sampler yet, they have only been in my humidor for 4 days, so I'll give them a little more time.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Scrambler:
    I added the sampler to my last order. At that price, there's no reason not to. The Gurkha, Fonseca, and RP are each roughly $5 as singles, so its a sweet deal. Even if you're not into mild cigars, at this price its worth having them around as handouts.

That said, I haven't smoked any from the sampler yet, they have only been in my humidor for 4 days, so I'll give them a little more time.
    That was my line of thinking on it as well. I stumbled across it browsing the site, and thought to myself, "Wow, that's a pretty good deal." I was really happy with the price because I'm broke right now, and was glad to come across such an affordable price. My order should be in by the end of the week, hopefully anyway. I'll just be glad to have a good cigar again, because it's been quite awhile.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    I added one onto my order as well, at that price I figured it was well worth the risk. :D
  • maestromaestro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2

Received mine recently.  Couldn't pass it up.  I started with the Dominican first, had a semi-tough draw.  I can't wait to smoke the others.

• MarkbbMarkbb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 196
    dutyje:
    Markbb:
    I guess I missed it???
    It's still available

Limit one per customer. I passed on this one because I already had the RP Connecticut (fine for a mild cigar, but I want more). I was excited to try the 5 Vegas Gold, but Scrambler included that for me in my Fun&Games package. I've never had a Fonseca or Gurkha Symphony. I might be intrigued by those, but apparently not enough to pick up the sampler. If I had a pressing need to place an order, I probably would have thrown this in.
    Well I didn't pass and drop a butt load of  money on some others too....Thanks
  • MaduroScottMaduroScott Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    I ordered one and have smoked my way through it. Overall it's totally worth the $5 because, even if you only like one cigar in it, you get your money's worth as others have said. Don't consider me an expert, because I am not, but here were my thoughts in brief:

Dominican - Bland and uninspiring. No real flaws with construction though, which was a surprise considering these things are $1 each.

Connecticut by R.P. - I didn't much care for it, but fans of Rocky Patel and Connecticut wrappers probably will. Some burn issues with one corrective re-light.

Fonseca - Honestly, I don't remember this cigar, other than knowing that I smoked it, so it obviously didn't inspire me much.

5 Vegas Gold - This stick was really terrific and a pleasant surprise. Nice smooth flavor that was outstanding with a cup of coffee. I don't smoke a lot of mild or natural Connecticut cigars but, considering the reasonable price, I would absolutely buy more of these for the humidor.

Gurkha Symphony - What I expected from a mild Gurkha. Still had just enough of their characteristic spice to please me, but with much more mildness than I normally associate with the brand. I liked it, but was surprised to find that I liked the 5 Vegas better. Wrapper had a clear flawed spot where the leaf bunched up at a seam. I was shocked to find that I was able to smoke through this without any need to correct the burn though. Still, a Gurkha shouldn't have a flaw like that.

• sackermasackerma Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    i just ordered it yesterday... i'm looking forward to trying something new... i usually stick to dark hearty defined cigars but this might lead me astray...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    someties a lighter cigar really hits the spot on a hot summer afternoon with some cold Iced tea
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Sometimes a lighter cigar just hits the spot, period. I like a good, mild cigar every now and again.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Ditto. The R&J Reserva Real and the Cusano 18 Double Connecticut are probably my current mild faves.
    both of those are my go to mild cigars. Though i like the 5 vegas gold i think i like those other two better.
    I agree about the Gold. It's up there, too. But not quite as good as those 2.
  • sackermasackerma Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    well i will add an iced tea to the menu when i get these bad boys
    Every time I see the name of this thread, btw, I think it's something you order at Dairy Queen.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 342
    i bought that today and the 3 for 5 and 2 java by drew estates =) and i bought me a new 500ct humidor man im happy!
    Wow. That's a big humi, Dias. You go, girlfriend.
    heck yes! im excited it should be here this coming week i hope
    urbino:
    You go, girlfriend.
    be offended

not really.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I thought that comment was in reference to Dias girlfriend breaking his other Humi. Thus resulting in the need for a replacement.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    kaspera79:
    I thought that comment was in reference to Dias girlfriend breaking his other Humi. Thus resulting in the need for a replacement.
    Urby is clever that way kas, he makes comments that are ambiguous in nature so that you're not quite sure what he means.
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Urby is clever that way kas, he makes comments that are ambiguous in nature so that you're not quite sure what he means.
    Well, someone who does't know his sense of humor may take it the one way, but others know that Urbi doesn't have a unkind bone in his body. Dias being fairly new here may take it the wrong way.
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Well, someone who does't know his sense of humor may take it the one way, but others know that Urbi doesn't have a unkind bone in his body. Dias being fairly new here may take it the wrong way.
    well i assumed he was calling me girlfriend like girls do when something geed happend they say "you go girlfriend" in any rate i thought it was funny
    DiasFlak:
    well i assumed he was calling me girlfriend like girls do when something geed happend they say "you go girlfriend" in any rate i thought it was funny
    Just so. I was pretty sure Dias wouldn't take it amiss, but thanks for vouching for me, guys.
    i just noticed i typed geed i ment good but i look at the funnier side of things
    I finally got my package today. I started the day off with the 5 Vegas Gold, which went wonderful with my morning coffee. I really liked this cigar. It had a nice chocolate smell, not sure if that was the cigar, or if I was just smelling it. It started out a bit harsh, but that was mostly due to my screwing up the lighting. That's a talent I've yet to master. After a few puffs the harshness went away, and it was a very nice smoke. It had a spicy taste, which I liked. It wasn't as mild as I assumed it would be, in fact it pretty strong. Maybe that was just me though. It had an awesome taste throughout, and smoked great. The only issue I had was once I got towards the end, the wrapper came off. That's happened to me the last couple of sticks I've had, so I'm wondering if I might be doing something wrong. I'm really looking forward to trying the rest of the sampler, and so far I'm very, very satisfied with they way ccom does things.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Matt, how much of the head are you clipping? If you take off too much it can contribute to unwrapping.
    zoom6zoom:
    Matt, how much of the head are you clipping? If you take off too much it can contribute to unwrapping.
    Yeah Matt, I'm with zoom on this one. Sometimes I find that same problem when clipping cigars. You have to look and see how the wrapper ends and find the very end of the cap, there have been times I knew right away I went to far. it is tricky but practice will help.
    Thanks guys. I didn't really think about that until zoom brought it up, but it makes sense.