Home General Discussion

*uck*t list

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I'd like to add Casa Magna Colorado Robusto to my *uck *t list.......

I think they qualify due to their limited availability. I live in Chicago, which is the 2nd or 3rd biggest city and I can't find them anywhere locally. So, if money were no object, and I had a source, I'd buy a s h i t load of boxes!
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    kuzi16:
    i got something for all of you to add to YOUR *uck*t list

LFD Maduro Prensado 5 shop release.
    i have one and i smoked one. good times.
    I'm thinking about picking up a couple more if I they still have them.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    kuzi16:

the movie The Bucket List was about to older gentlemen who made a list of things they wanted to do before they died.

this is a list of cigars that you want to try before you die.

why the asterisks?
    because of the stipulation:
    the cigars must also be so rare that no matter how much money you have, there is a good chance you will never find one, and if you do find one, it wont be for sale. it is so rare that you should pretty much give up trying to find one before you start and say "fuckit"
    hence: Fuckit list.

my *uck*t list:
    LFD Limitado I
    Original Release Avo 22.
    Cuban Davidoff
    Los Libertadores (LFD before it was LFD)
    Padron Millennium Natural
    Tatuaje Thermonuclear
    Original Release Opus X

note: remember, rarity and cost are not the same thing. the HMR is still available. you can find them. you can buy them if you are willing to pay the cash.
    in short i didnt want this to be a race to see who could post the HMR first, mainly because they are not all that rare, just expensive.
    Cross off AVO 22

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Congrats. How did you come across one? That sounds like a story in itself.
    id been working with the local B&M for setting up the herf that was this past weekend (2-27). a few days before in an unrelated discussion the manager and i were talking about wish lists. the AVO 22 was one of the ones i mentioned. when i showed up for the herf, i was handed the cigar. nedless to say i was floored.
    That's pretty awesome of the owner. Hope you find the other ones on your list.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I'm with the noobs, but don't have the excuse of being a noob. I just don't pay enough attention to what's rare or discontinued. I would say the Oliva Special S diadema, but I just found 3 of those in my humi, Saturday. And I'll say I wish I could still lay my hands on the La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994. I've got just a small handful left.

It'd be interesting to try the original Hemingway -- i.e., the ones Fuente rolled for Hemingway, himself -- but that's more like a genie-in-a-bottle wish than a bucket list item.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    kuzi16:
    id been working with the local B&M for setting up the herf that was this past weekend (2-27). a few days before in an unrelated discussion the manager and i were talking about wish lists. the AVO 22 was one of the ones i mentioned. when i showed up for the herf, i was handed the cigar. nedless to say i was floored.
    Very cool, kuz.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    lilwing88:
    I'd like to add Casa Magna Colorado Robusto to my *uck *t list.......

I think they qualify due to their limited availability. I live in Chicago, which is the 2nd or 3rd biggest city and I can't find them anywhere locally. So, if money were no object, and I had a source, I'd buy a s h i t load of boxes!
    I have 2 boxes of them, they are really great.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Of course the original release opus and some of the rare sizes would be on my list, as well as the obligatory pre-embargo (which I know where to get some, but starting at $75 and going on up to about $300 a stick), I'd also have to list past years of Camacho Liberties, 5 Vegas Limitadas, the original cask strength and some of the Tatuaje Halloween releases.
    Rob1110:
    Of course the original release opus and some of the rare sizes would be on my list, as well as the obligatory pre-embargo (which I know where to get some, but starting at $75 and going on up to about $300 a stick), I'd also have to list past years of Camacho Liberties, 5 Vegas Limitadas, the original cask strength and some of the Tatuaje Halloween releases.
    if you know where to get them they cant be on the *uck*t list by nature of what the list is.

of all those you listed the closest would be the original cask and maybe the 05 limitada. many of the liberties are fairly easy to find. the tat halloween releases can be found, and will be released again next year and every year after for a total of 13 years.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    1) A true pre-embargo cuban
    2) A post-embargo cuban rolled by AJ Fernandez (I'm talking high quality standards, like Oliva or such, not the crap the castro's are shipping out these days)
    3) Original Gurkha Black Dragon
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    Thanx for the clarification...my mind was really getting TWISTED by the subject line and the asterisks...
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    So the Cubans aren't producing quality cigars these days...
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    1) Perdomo Edicion de Silvio - have had one, and still have one more, but all shops I've contacted are now out of them. I know there is a box of 50 on ebay for sale for $500 from 2005, but I'm skeptical that they'll be in good condition, the auction isn't a scam, and I don't have the money anyways.
    2) Tat Thermonuclear, as mentioned by Kuzi
    3) Padron 1926 Anniversary
    4) 2004 GoF
    5) ISOM Montecristo and RyJ - hopefully the embargo will be lifted and this will be removed.
    That's pretty much it.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    1.) Gurkha His Majesty's Reserve
    2.) Original Gurkha Black Dragon
    3.) Stradivarius (available here, I know, but 30 bucks a stick? :P)
    4.) Pre-Embargo Camacho
    5.) A real, pre-embargo Cohiba
    6.) Padron 1964 (I can never get my hands on this somehow)
    7.) Gurkha Genghis Khan
    8.) Gurkha Triad
    9.) Gurkha Red Dragon
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    wwhwang:
    4.) Pre-Embargo Camacho
    7.) Gurkha Genghis Khan
    8.) Gurkha Triad
    9.) Gurkha Red Dragon
    Most of those you can pick up btw.
    Eh, I'd like to put down a OR opus X. That and an AVO 22.
    wwhwang:
    4.) Pre-Embargo Camacho
    7.) Gurkha Genghis Khan
    8.) Gurkha Triad
    9.) Gurkha Red Dragon
    this is not *uck*t list material

the point was cigars that this was a list of cigars that are not available anymore, not just cigars you dont feel comfortable to shelling out the cash for.

almost that entire list can be bought online with almost no effort. money, yes. effort, no.

Ooh ok. Sorry. I wasn't paying attention. I still have no idea where to find the last three on my list though. Can't find a single site or shop that actually sells singles of those.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    If kuzi hit you up with the last one then cool but if not I know where you can get a box. btw, the green and red dragons are might nice cigars. I'm tempted to buy more!!! lol.
    Haha. Hit me up with the green dragons then, phobic. I'm willing to try anything I can get my grubby noob hands on.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    Partagas Piramides Le 2000
    La Aurora 100 Años Belicoso
    Romeo y Julieta Churchill
    Bolivar Royal Corona
    Padrón Serie 1926 No. 1
    and an Original 1995 Release of the Fuente Fuente Opus X

anyone have any of these PM me
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    stephen_hannibal:
    This!

LINK
    WTF??? That's the cigar we need for when the entire forum gets together for a mega herf.
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    This!

LINK
    WTF??? That's the cigar we need for when the entire forum gets together for a mega herf.
    You'll need a blowtorch if it develops a run.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    sightunseen:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    This!

LINK
    I was thinking flamethrower. Big Smile [:D]
    j0z3r:
    sightunseen:
    j0z3r:
    stephen_hannibal:
    This!

LINK
    I was thinking flamethrower. Big Smile [:D]
    im in
    BUMP
    this bump is because i added the Camacho Face-Off by Litto Gomez.
  • thehoffthehoff Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 76
    2004 God of fire. I would do horrible things to good people to get one of these.