Home General Discussion

New Humidor For A Newbie

arhassettarhassett Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
Hey guys I am a long time lurker first time poster...if that makes any sense. I am newb when it comes to all of this stuff. I have been reading a lot of the threads on here and am learning a lot. Now I know I will get a lot of different opinions on this and I am sure this question has been asked multiple times, but I am looking for a large humidor that wont break the bank (if thats possible) if not then I guess I will go broke buying one lol. If any of you have opinions let me know. Thanks a lot and I look forward to contributing to this forum in the future.

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    I bought one from my B&M because I could actually look at it and see the construction and see it in real life. You can buy a good 100ct for $75 or so from any B&M I've ever been in. Cuban Crafters makes a good one. Buy one bigger than you think you need.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    I bought a 200ct humi called the lucky 7 a month ago. Glass front with 7 drawers for under $100. Wasnt on this website so PM me for the info if you want it. Oh, and welcome to the forum!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Check Ebay, Hays and I actually bought the same humidor. It was a 300 CT humi that cost $69. It's not made out of mahogany or some expensive fancy wood, but it does come cedar lined, with 3 shelves, glass top and hold plenty of cigars ( I actually took the bottom shelf out and placed a few boxes of smokes in there). For the price, you can't beat it. Here is a link to the one we got, only difference is this one is a different color. here is the link
  • bibbybibby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    Nice link Krieg; did that have a good seal? Looks like a smoking deal
  • kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
    I'll 2nd the Lucky 7 - great unit for the price, especially when you visit in person and they knock 20% off the prices :) I use two of them!
  • nudienudie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 112
    i just made the bid... won it for 69$... thanks for the link
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Krieg:
    Check Ebay, Hays and I actually bought the same humidor. It was a 300 CT humi that cost $69. It's not made out of mahogany or some expensive fancy wood, but it does come cedar lined, with 3 shelves, glass top and hold plenty of cigars ( I actually took the bottom shelf out and placed a few boxes of smokes in there). For the price, you can't beat it. Here is a link to the one we got, only difference is this one is a different color. here is the link
    WOW! I actually came across this seller a few weeks ago, but it seemed too good to be true. So this guy is legit? That's an amazing price...
    well the price is legit... well see if the humidor is legit next week
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    I've seen the lucky 7 its on my short list can you review it for me?
    bibby:
    Nice link Krieg; did that have a good seal? Looks like a smoking deal
    Yeah, seal is fine on my box. RH holds steady around 66% right now.
    nudie:
    i just made the bid... won it for 69$... thanks for the link
    np
    robbyras:
    Krieg:
    WOW! I actually came across this seller a few weeks ago, but it seemed too good to be true. So this guy is legit? That's an amazing price...
    Yeah, the seller is legit. In fact, when I got mine, it had a small defect (nothing big) and he gave me $10 refund.
    nudie:
    well the price is legit... well see if the humidor is legit next week
    I'm perfectly happy with mine. Only difference is mine has the cherry wood look.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Hey Krieg...just so you know, that link led me to a 400ct humi with glass. I don't have that humi bro lol. I have a 300ct chest humi
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Hays:
    Hey Krieg...just so you know, that link led me to a 400ct humi with glass. I don't have that humi bro lol. I have a 300ct chest humi

Hey Hays, you got a sexy chest!!

No 4 reals, I want a pirate chest humidor!! That's awesome and pretty damn close to what I ultimately want!!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    nightmaremike31:
    Hays:

No 4 reals, I want a pirate chest humidor!! That's awesome and pretty damn close to what I ultimately want!!
    Haha thanks... I love it. I picked it out, and my woman bought it for me for my birthday last year. It's not going to hold anywhere near 300 sticks, but that's how humis go.. It really is gorgeous though, and she snagged an "imperfect" one for $139 shipped... the "imperfections" are completely unnoticeable. Some pix of mine semi-stocked up (with certain edits):

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Hays:
    nightmaremike31:
    Hays:

Haha thanks... I love it. I picked it out, and my woman bought it for me for my birthday last year. It's not going to hold anywhere near 300 sticks, but that's how humis go.. It really is gorgeous though, and she snagged an "imperfect" one for $139 shipped... the "imperfections" are completely unnoticeable. Some pix of mine semi-stocked up (with certain edits):

Photobucket

Photobucket

You smuggling melons under those black rectangles?? lol I'm just kiddin bro. I don't need that many more cigars than I already have and would love to be able to keep the majority in a humidor of similar qaulity and size. Thats a fine looking humi and a tasty selection of sticks.
    Hays:
    I could have sworn it was you, someone on the forums along with me were talking about that humi. Oh well, sorry for the confusion. They say memory is the first thing to go in old age.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    i bought the 400 count on ebay. the top part doesn't have a great seal. the bottom section is great. i'm storing my pipe tins in the top part, boxes in the bottom. so it was a good investment...
    how dumb is this luck?... that train that derailed in VA this weekend had my Humidor on it!... hope this seller refunds damaged goods... still hoping for the best though....