Home General Discussion

Smokin in the Living Room....

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
Hey guys. So the wife and kid are out of town until Sunday night and I was thinking of firing one up in the living room tonight. Any ideas on how to get the smell to go away afterward? Will I get the smell to go away afterward? Does this sound like a bad idea?

Comments

• jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    You can buy a can of Ozium or get an Ozone generator. Other than those 2 options, I don't think you can get the smell out by sunday.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Ah man.... I was expecting good responses. Yeah Phil.... just light a candle.... use some febreeze.... open a window. I already had my ashtray cleaned and sitting on the coffee table. Rain on my parade will you!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    If you don't post on these forums again after Saturday, we'll know why...
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    clearlysuspect:
    Hey guys. So the wife and kid are out of town until Sunday night and I was thinking of firing one up in the living room tonight. Any ideas on how to get the smell to go away afterward? Will I get the smell to go away afterward? Does this sound like a bad idea?

Lampe Berger of Paris

http://www.cherrylanecollection.com/Lampe_Berger.htm?gclid=CLDiu8WgqJ8CFWkN5Qodrxrk1Q

if you have to do it, this is probably your safest bet to hide the evidence.

• betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Burn the place down; use the insurance money to buy a smoke room!

Seriously though, my father and I smoke stogies in the living room when I go home. We crack a window and start up the fan that sucks the smoke out of the fireplace, and my mom lights a candle afterwards, and we're all good. I would suggest, though, that you don't make a habit of it; we did it four days in a row and it was pretty smelly after for a good week.

• Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    What beta ended up saying, crack a window, smoke near it and have a fan blowing. Candle and some fabreeze and you are good. If you are really paranoid about the smell, invite someone over for a smell check for the room.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Man up, and go outside.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    fla-gypsy:
    Man up, and go outside.

Yeah, I'll drink to that.

Marty

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    ....man up and put the foot down! or smoke a cigar with a good aroma.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    not a good idea and if you ever plan to sell the house Smoke odors and film KILL the prospects of selling a home! Wish i had a more positive idea ! Enjoy the smoke Somewhere else!
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    Half the stuff in the house is yours! Claim the living room! LOL Just kidding, I would go to a cigar bar or shop.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Don't be a pansy, smoke your cigar and tell her to get over it!!

*Disclaimer* I am not responsible for the repercussions that will happen if my advice is followed. Use at your own risk.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    clearlysuspect:
    Ah man.... I was expecting good responses. Yeah Phil.... just light a candle.... use some febreeze.... open a window. I already had my ashtray cleaned and sitting on the coffee table. Rain on my parade will you!
    I smoke in my living room all the time. Of course I live alone so if you don't mind living alone go ahead and light it up!
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    I agree..man up and go outside. Inside...bad idea.
  • bibbybibby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    fla-gypsy:
    Man up, and go outside.
    Not that FLA doesn't make a good point, but man my hands go numb when I go out to fire up a robusto which is probably a 1 hour and 15 to 30 min. stick for me depending. I can't even imagine what it would be like trying to man up into weather like Maryland. Shuddered just thinking about it... Good Luck!
  • MarkHMarkH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    bibby:
    fla-gypsy:
    Man up, and go outside.
    Not that FLA doesn't make a good point, but man my hands go numb when I go out to fire up a robusto which is probably a 1 hour and 15 to 30 min. stick for me depending. I can't even imagine what it would be like trying to man up into weather like Maryland. Shuddered just thinking about it... Good Luck!

Hey, it's not so bad...37 degrees, sunny calm, a beoootiful day in Minnesnowta! And a great cigar..
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    I had a Texas Hold Em tournament 2 weekends ago, it was 16 degrees outside. We played and smoked on the covered porch which has a regular fullsize fireplace. It helped some, but not much you can do when its 16 outside. It was fun though, but damn cold.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    JZ:
    I had a Texas Hold Em tournament 2 weekends ago, it was 16 degrees outside. We played and smoked on the covered porch which has a regular fullsize fireplace. It helped some, but not much you can do when its 16 outside. It was fun though, but damn cold.
    Hell yeah it was cold, my legs cramped up. I still say we should have taken a pic of the temp and your smoker and send to vwb.com.
    Damn.... first you guys rain on my parade, now my "manhood" is in question. I better get outside and smoke a cigar quick!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    ...Suspect, I would not smoke in the house. If you have to ask, the answer is don't do it.
  • SaVasSaVas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 250
    I smoke in a room set up for music, movies, reading, and cigars. I pay all the bills. She can't say anything, and we have no kids. Luckily she likes the smell of cigars.
    My wife is not a smoker..likes a clean fresh house. She joined me in the man=cave last night after I had finished enjoying a nice Oliva Serie O Maddie outside. She asked why I didn't smoke inside because outside seemed such an inconvenience....She also suggested just getting one of the "Super" air cleaners to take away any odor or smoke from the house> I may be looking into that very soon...maybe no waiting for decent weather to enjoy a stik!!
  • bibbybibby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    Well played Hawk... she's a keeper!
  • brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    I used to occasionally smoke in my computer room. I'd open the window and point a desk fan blowing out to act as an exhaust fan and I'd keep my ash tray near it. I'd put a towl down at the bottom of the door to keep smoke from going under into the rest of the house. I'd have some smoke eater candles lit and fabreze handy to spray the curtains and furniture afterward. Even with all this the smell would take a few days to completely go away.
    ROTFLMAO........ this sounds like some of My Old HIPPY days Behavior...... If you know what I mean!
    Redtailhawkoz:
    ROTFLMAO........ this sounds like some of My Old HIPPY days Behavior...... If you know what I mean!
    I was kinda thinking the same thing.
    Here in MD lately if it gets 35-37 degrees I head for the outside...cant wait for the 50s to get here!!!
    lol I was a BOT5pointL for many years! LOL
  • FubarFubar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 33
    If it was a cigarette or two yes, but a cigar is way too much smoke. From personal experience the smell will not be gone by sunday. I know it is monday now and this is kind of moot but for future reference this might be helpful.