Home General Discussion

Humis on the Workbench

WaxingMoonWaxingMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 328
These three humidors will soon be done..... All three will be up for sale soon. First up is Hickory with Walnut trim. She's going to wind up being 21-7/8 x 12-7/8 x 7-1/4. That will make her a 292 count box... I'm going to put a wooden lid on this one... The second one is Cherry & Mahogany. 19 x 12 x 7-3/8. That will make her a 240 count box... not bad... good size and she'll be a looker. I am currently planning a glass top for this one. The lid frame is not glued on yet... it's just sitting there... Lastly.... Another Wormy American Chestnut - matched up with Wenge. She'll be 15-1/2 x 11-1/2 x 7. That'll make her a 178 count box.... This one will have a wooden lid as well.... imageimageimage

Comments

• kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Dude ...... you are just insane .......... cant wait to see the finished product wm
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    They look gorgeous!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    You have got to love it when a man applies his God given talents.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    So... kinda seriously... what will you want for the Cherry & Mahogany one? :)
  • WaxingMoonWaxingMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 328
    NYHCx516x:
    So... kinda seriously... what will you want for the Cherry & Mahogany one? :)
    PM Sent....
  • bibbybibby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    what he said... seriously just curious what the wormy walnut 178 count would run? PM when you get a chance, thanks.
    bibby:
    what he said... seriously just curious what the wormy walnut 178 count would run? PM when you get a chance, thanks.
    PM Sent....
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    so what are you thinking for the prices on these 3??
  • nsezellnsezell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    If you don't mind PM me the prices too, please. Not sure if they're even in my price range, but I'm curious.
    Right now, they are all three are right at about $300.... The hickory will be around $350 as it will need a more expensive hinge work called a lid stay... If you would want a lid stay on either of the other two, then it would be another $40 or so.... that price is shipped.... Includes a 3/4 tray on the bottom and a 1/2 trays on the top.... Could go full tray on the bottom, but, it's nice to be able to slide it back and forth.... I can have 'em finished up in a couple of days.... The finish will be tung oil and waxed..... if you want a premium lacquer finish, it's another $50..... I have pricing outlined on my website that explains different things.... but that's where these are heading... for now. Hope that helps..
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Nice Stuff thanks for the Web Site.... Albert Lea! Ive been there many times! One of my stops on my trips from Ohio to South Dakota with a Never Miss SSTOp in Pipestone at the monument..... Love Minnesota in the SUMMER ! LOL Go Vikings! Thanks Ozzie
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I'm curious to know if there are any crucial steps in your building process other than the cuts that absolutely must be done perfect, other wise the whole thing is scrap??? Or are pretty much all minor mistakes fixable?
    clearlysuspect:
    I'm curious to know if there are any crucial steps in your building process other than the cuts that absolutely must be done perfect, other wise the whole thing is scrap??? Or are pretty much all minor mistakes fixable?
    I would say that most cuts are critical.... the only "fixable" solution is to cut it again thus, making the box smaller... and smaller.... and smaller.... until the next thing you know you have a nice little ring box... Boxes are quite unforgiving... unlike a dresser or a china hutch.... boxes are subject to closer scrutiny as they are often picked up and inspected... A gap of 1/32" might as well be the Grand Canyon....
  • bibbybibby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    WaxingMoon:
    bibby:
    PM Sent....
    PM responded, thanks for the info
    Update.... here's how they look today... imageimageimage
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    WaxingMoon:
    Update.... here's how they look today... imageimageimage
    Simply beautiful!!! I wish I had your skill. I especially like the lid on that one.
  • FubarFubar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 33