Home General Discussion

Humidor for One

WaxingMoonWaxingMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 328
I went to my B&M for Lumber - Carlton McLendon - Rarew Woods & Veneers today to pick up some....well, rare wood.... This is the first time I've visited this place - whoever said ignorance is bliss was dead wrong in this case. This guy has some beautiful, rare wood and I was like a kid in a candy store. Well... He also has a little wood shop down in his basement and one of the things that he turns out is a little traveler... A humidor for one, if you will. Or two shorties, if you want.... He said that once charged, they will hold for about 3 days...which isn't bad! Surely, the one that is stowed away in there will be gone in 3 days. Simply put it in your humidor for a couple of days and it's ready.... He had a variety of these and told me to "take one"... well, the one that I took was "White Ebony".... now, how rare is that? He also had a number of others lying around of various and assorted rare woods and even some very intricate veneered styles.... Pretty darn cool. He said that he sells them for between $40 & $100 - depending on the wood.... this one had a value of $75.00.... as White Ebony is indeed quite rare. Well, if anybody wants one or two of these, let me know. I told Richard I would also put them on my website.... I know, they're a little expensive, but they are pretty cool... One of the veneered versions that he had he had about 10 hours worth of delicate veneer work on it... so, I can see the expense - at least on the supply end. It's up to ya'all on the demand end.... imageimageimage

Comments