Home General Discussion

Digital hygrometer

robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
I'm looking at upgrading my humi's to digital. One of my analog's is complete crap and but the other is fine. So I'm looking for one to try out and if it works well for me, i'll get another. I'd like to spend as little as possible and I've seen some mentioned for as little as 8 bucks. Let me know your recomendations. Feedback from the pros is always helpful!

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    ALL analog hygrometers are crap. I only use digital. Walmart used to have really good ones for cheap, but I checked their site and it looks like they no longer carry them. Too bad cuz they were the cheapest anywhere. Probably the $8 one that was mentioned. Otherwise your gonna spend at least $20 for a decent one. C.com carries them, but any decent B&M should have them for around $20.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    Couple of us use this. It's spot on for me, keeps a track record of lowest and highest readings, I'm happy with mine.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    the one at wal was literally on the site 3 days ago. I was placing an order and got pulled away form my computer and forgot all about it. Went back yesterday and it's gone. I'll pobably go with BStayer's recommendation. As far as preperation, do I just do a salt test or are there any additional steps?
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    robbyras:
    the one at wal was literally on the site 3 days ago. I was placing an order and got pulled away form my computer and forgot all about it. Went back yesterday and it's gone. I'll pobably go with BStayer's recommendation. As far as preperation, do I just do a salt test or are there any additional steps?
    Salt Test can be suspect simply because few people get the mixture exaclty correct. Kuzi has said, " that you should have about (i hope i remember this correctly) 3-4 times as much salt by volume as you do water." You can always buy one of these. These are spot on, remove any doubt, and are cheap.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    I've seen the ones at WalMart and, while they are cheap, they're also not adjustable. At least the ones I found weren't. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and get adjustable ones from Heartfelt Industries. They're super people to deal with, just like C.Com.

Marty

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    BStayer:
    robbyras:
    Salt Test can be suspect simply because few people get the mixture exaclty correct. Kuzi has said, " that you should have about (i hope i remember this correctly) 3-4 times as much salt by volume as you do water." You can always buy one of these. These are spot on, remove any doubt, and are cheap.
    I was gonna cheat and add that to my order anyway. Thanks fro all the help. It'll be nice to get these up and running so I won't feel like I'm guessing anymore.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    BStayer:
    Couple of us use this. It's spot on for me, keeps a track record of lowest and highest readings, I'm happy with mine.
    I have 2 of these & that is a great price for them. They are pretty spot on. Thanks for posting the one step calibration packs as I have not seen these before. I'm planning on getting 1 & trying it out.