Comments

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    John Petrucci is a guitar god.....
    Hell, that whole band is insane
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    jgibv:
    They are amazing...but I am not a fan of his playing. That band is straight stupid when it comes to talent...
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6dxzJfp9JM&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLAACC8088AC5B3075

Hey guys this my old band I used to drum and do concerts with lemme know what ya think! Gary is a great guy and I was honored truly to just be in his presence
  • aeon_spiral@yahoo.comaeon_spiral@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Gary was lead rhythm guitar and vocals
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    catfishbluezz:
    jgibv:
    They are amazing...but I am not a fan of his playing. That band is straight stupid when it comes to talent...
    I agree Petrucci is one of my favorite guitarist but I draw on him for inspiration in technical ability not creativity.

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    catfishbluezz:
    jgibv:
    Agreed. I am not a fan of his playing at all, but his ability is unquestionable.

Personally, I'd rather hear 10 notes from David Guilmore than 10,000 notes from Petrucci...
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    jgibv:
    Agreed. I am not a fan of his playing at all, but his ability is unquestionable.

Personally, I'd rather hear 10 notes from David Guilmore than 10,000 notes from Petrucci...
    Animals bro.....Animals....goosebumps............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIPDMoNH8bQ
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Listening to a little Phil Keaggy, Shades of Green. One man, one guitar, a looping pedal and a whole lot of music...
    Toombes:
    Listening to a little Phil Keaggy, Shades of Green. One man, one guitar, a looping pedal and a whole lot of music...
    Hands down one of the greatest
    Toombes:
    The greatest guitar player on earth....called him the greatest guitar player on earth...buff said
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    jliu:
    bigfnsteve:
    jliu:
    clearlysuspect:
    Motorcycle- As The Rush Comes

Tiesto ft Sarah McLauchlin- Silence
    plus one for this song. haha had no idea anyone on this forum would like dance / trance music. i miss the old tiesto...
    Haha i wqs wondering the same thing... i just saw afrojack in Sydney.. going out to hear steve aoki, calvin harris and tiesto this summer. Should be a sick time
    right on steve. where are you going to see tiesto? i've been on a bit of a deadmau5 binge lately. good workout music haha
    I actually saw him at xs in vegas. Posted up in the booth all night. Nice guy.. kinda odd though. Ill be seeing deadmau5 and david guetta in vegas memorial day weekend. Of everyone ive seen though afrojack is probably one of the best.
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    jgibv:

I get what you guys are saying.....if we're talking diversity he's certainly not the most "diverse" guitar player out there....
    But Petrucci's technique is second to none, IMHO.

And Portnoy on drums....good lord that man has f***ing great technique as well, I envy his skills.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    jgibv:
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    jgibv:

I get what you guys are saying.....if we're talking diversity he's certainly not the most "diverse" guitar player out there....

And Portnoy on drums....good lord that man has f***ing great technique as well, I envy his skills.
    I hate to get all guitar geek on ya... but if you wanna talk technique, Petrucci is certainly second to at least one... ever heard of Paul Gilbert? He plays "similar" music that Petrucci plays, only better. lol. But that of course is only my opinion.
    BigT06:
    jgibv:
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    jgibv:

I hate to get all guitar geek on ya... but if you wanna talk technique, Petrucci is certainly second to at least one... ever heard of Paul Gilbert? He plays "similar" music that Petrucci plays, only better. lol. But that of course is only my opinion.
    The name rings a bell but that's about it; I'm sure he's come up on Pandora a few times but I don't specifically remember listening to him, so I'll look him up for sure.
    I only started getting into prog rock and DT a couple years ago and have been slowly branching out since....thanks for the suggestion, I'll check him out.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    BigT06:
    jgibv:
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    jgibv:

Paul Gilbert is a metal God! Wasn't much on his playing in Mr. Big, but his stuff with Racer X is mind-blowing. Scarifier is one of my favorite pieces and led me to experiment with single note soloing and melodies. If you search him on YouTube you can find his version of "Be with you" set to Van Halen's "Ain't Talking 'bout Love". Awesome!
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Toombes:
    BigT06:
    jgibv:
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    jgibv:

Paul Gilbert is a metal God! Wasn't much on his playing in Mr. Big, but his stuff with Racer X is mind-blowing. Scarifier is one of my favorite pieces and led me to experiment with single note soloing and melodies. If you search him on YouTube you can find his version of "Be with you" set to Van Halen's "Ain't Talking 'bout Love". Awesome!
    Holy balls how did I get through life without knowing about this guy? Thanks!!!!
    I really enjoy Gilbert's playing and Guthrie Govan. While Petrucci is equally ridiculous, I really enjoy their phrasing much more.
    one of the best songs ive heard in awhile and a sweet ass video thought you guys might enjoy this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otZ1SfwbE64
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Rush and Triumph, probably the 2 most listened to groups when we were cruising and drag racing.
    Has anyone heard Scorpions version of Ruby Tuesday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS_WTDYU8Qw
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    0patience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS_WTDYU8Qw
    Not Bad,,Thanks,,, Big Scorps fan saw em 2x Love At first Sting and Crazy World tours...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMRKBz89uRQ

One of the best metal songs I've heard in a very long time.

The Kid:
    0patience:

Not Bad,,Thanks,,, Big Scorps fan saw em 2x Love At first Sting and Crazy World tours...
    I found it on one of those days where I was bored and looking for scorps songs. I liked it.
    I liked the fact that they rocked it and didn't butcher it.
    Radio just played a Fleetwood Mac song, Landslides remake by the Icky, oops Dixie Chicks.
    I had to ask if there was something wrong with the radio, cause it was awful.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Toombes:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Came across the HOME cd a few days ago...i used to bump this ish like crazy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CqJsHURamQ

I saw 7D over 10 yrs ago with Finger Eleven and (shudder) Creed. My drumming style was like Morgan Roses before I got old and crippled. I've left too many gigs bleeding and bruised and had never left my kit. I miss those days...
    I'm rocking HIM's Wicked Game remake as I'm posting this. Gotta love some Finnish emo-prog-bubblegum-rock.
    Love this song
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    catfishbluezz:
    Toombes:
    The greatest guitar player on earth....called him the greatest guitar player on earth...buff said
    Keaggy is amazzzzzing. I've seen him in concert twice and was blown away each time. The venue was incredible, a small theater seating 200 people and just Phil rocking it. Epic.
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    I've been listening to this guy for awhile now. I love the stripped down sound and the soulfulness of his voice. image">