Home Ratings & Reviews

Illusione 88 Cigar Review Video

kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
image This 5×52 robusto sized stick offered a very oily, smooth firm wrapper with a nice sweet floral aroma. Burn was very good all the way down, holding the ash to each third. Draw was slightly on the loose side with perfect resistance. The first third brought flavors of slightly sweet leather, a touch of cocoa and coffee with a mildly spicy finish that built up heat as it went along. The 2nd third transitioned to a nice dry coffee, still with a nice oil on the mouth and a touch of earthiness. The last third smoothed out just a bit and dropped the spice, adding a longer finish of oily coffee. Total burn time just past the band was 1:10. Overall a medium-full body with very rich flavors. Thank you to Shuckins for trading with me for this stick! http://cigarobsession.com/2009/11/25/illusione-88-cigar-review/

Comments

• smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Great review! I had this cigar at my B&M a while back, now if I'm there and cant make up my mind I always go for the 88 or the mj12, which is also a great smoke!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Nice review.. I enjoy the illusione line, but haven't decided which way I like them better, fresh or with some rest. They do change alot with time. As soon as I get them, I want to smoke them, So I have to buy them in pairs.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    kaspera79:
    Nice review.. I enjoy the illusione line, but haven't decided which way I like them better, fresh or with some rest. They do change alot with time. As soon as I get them, I want to smoke them, So I have to buy them in pairs.
    Problem solved Kas. Buy the pairs in pairs. HA! Good line of cigars though, I enjoyed the churchill a good deal.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Problem solved Kas. Buy the pairs in pairs. HA! Good line of cigars though, I enjoyed the churchill a good deal.
    a perfect example of " too much is never enough"
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    a perfect example of " too much is never enough"
    Exactly, moderation in all things except moderation. :)
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    Nice review...love it when he clips and the video gors into hyperdrive while he toasts it and does his first draw.