Home General Discussion

Traveler

W1REB1TERW1REB1TER Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
So being in the Navy I have traveled. First thing I look up is where the Cigar bars/shops/lounges are. Sometimes it comes easy sometimes it is such a pain. So I thought a traveler’s guide would be pretty cool. And not just for other countries, for those states we all know and love. So if you’ve been to a place or know a place add it on. So for all those who have to travel around or are on vacation. Or if you know of a good way to travel with cigars/lighters/cutters add what you may know. South Korea. For South Korea I have only really been to Busan (Pusan). Surprisingly there is no cigar shop/lounge/bar anymore there, though almost every one of the major hotels there does sell them. The place to go to find the bars and lounges is in Seoul. Hong Kong: For the Cigar shop/lounges I have been to here they are owned by Pacific Cigar and they have several shops in Hong Kong. They have a website also Pacificcigar.com with the exact locations. Philippines: Well I have been to Manila 2 times soon to be 3 times. For here I have never really been on a cigar hunt, because I have usually had my own stash with me. But is there is a great bar you want to go to with a GREAT beer selection it is the Hobbit House. It is a bar where the whole staff are midgets, they used to have a Velcro suit and you could throw them onto a Velcro board but they got rid of that, and you can smoke your stogie there. Japan: ‘le connoisseur’ in Ginza. You may have seen me mention it before but it is just an awesome dark wood style bar. They have a huge selection of whiskeys which they also keep some in barrels. For their cigar selection have a beautiful walk-in humidor filled with cigars from all over. Right down the street is a Hooter’s which I am sure most of you are like “really an asian Hooter’s?” Trust me it is worth it. ‘Mizumachi Bar’ in Yokohama. This was the first cigar bar I found and went to in the area I live in. It is a nice bar with a great happy hour which is 1700 to around 2000 if I remember correctly. They have an entire menu which everything costs only 5 dollars. For their selection they don’t have as big of a selection as the other bar but they have a nice assortment of Cubans. Singapore: Only place I’ve been and it was awesome it was at the base of Orchard Hotel. Which is so greatly located next to a Black Angus, Hard Rock Café, and the Orchard Towers which is your single have fun, and be careful for the ladyboys. Thailand: For Thailand I have been to Pattaya 3 times. And there are no rules there. You want to smoke? Go ahead smoke. There are some shops there with nice walk in humidors.

Comments

• matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    This is a pretty good idea. However I have not been out of the country to add anything to your list. Only places I know are in St. Louis. Gran Cru (BYOB) in Soulard. The Ritz in Clayton. There is a shop on the hill but not sure of the name. Everything Wine and Cigars in Ofallon (my local. Great whiskey/ scotch / craft beer selection) mo. Aiello's (formerly tinderbox) in Cottleville (great smoke selection crappy bar)