Home General Discussion

La Palina Goldie lanceros

smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
Coming in May....that's wsup!!

Comments

• jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    msrp $16 bucks a stick? hmmm. I did LOVE the goldie 2s though. Goldie 5 not so much...
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    jliu:
    msrp $16 bucks a stick? hmmm. I did LOVE the goldie 2s though. Goldie 5 not so much...
    $16??? I'll stick with Cohiba.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    jliu:
    Isn't the 2 already a lancero? Or is it slightly off from a traditional one?
    Ken Light:
    jliu:
    Isn't the 2 already a lancero? Or is it slightly off from a traditional one?
    the goldie 2 is 6 x 38. this new lancero one is going to be 7 x 40. so many classifications for just length and girth. geesh. If i found more goldie 2, I'd be all over it
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    smoke em if you got em:
    Coming in May....that's wsup!!
    hmmm ... Isn't Lancero Day in May? Just sayin ...........

c.com ;)
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Did really like the two as well...but I don't think you can go too wrong since this will be the intermediate one
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    ccom please get this for us!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    I approve of this thread and this cigar!
  • CigaryCigary Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 623
    Not sure if this line of cigars can command this type of charge when there are so many other brands out there that are just as good...for half the price. I see this type of thing happen too often...a cigar has not even come out into the market and already they are saying that the cigar is going to cost X number of dollars...for a lancero????? I can buy Cohibas and "other out of the country cigars" for less and are better. This is what really ticks me off about the cigar business....they are already being attacked in the world as an unsafe hobby....but to add cost when the business is already suffering and try to get $19 for a lancero...for one stick....I don't think so.
    Cigary:
    Not sure if this line of cigars can command this type of charge when there are so many other brands out there that are just as good...for half the price. I see this type of thing happen too often...a cigar has not even come out into the market and already they are saying that the cigar is going to cost X number of dollars...for a lancero????? I can buy Cohibas and "other out of the country cigars" for less and are better. This is what really ticks me off about the cigar business....they are already being attacked in the world as an unsafe hobby....but to add cost when the business is already suffering and try to get $19 for a lancero...for one stick....I don't think so.
    I think I'm overall on page with what you're saying Gary. For my personal taste, I can find better tasting and cheaper lanceros than these Goldies that will hopefully taste good. Namely cc.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Agree with both.
    jliu:
    Cigary:
    I think I'm overall on page with what you're saying Gary. For my personal taste, I can find better tasting and cheaper lanceros than these Goldies that will hopefully taste good. Namely cc.
    jliu:
    Cigary:
    The market will typically determine the price and given the reception for the last two sizes of Goldies, this price (16.50) seems just about right. Also, Cohiba and Trinidad lanceros are about the same price, if you want to use them for comparison. Lastly, I don't think anyone can say they can get better cigars for less without actually trying this one first. Maybe it is that good :)
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    I just got some Cohiba Esplendidos at $18 per...I'll stick to those
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Can't beat an aged Cohiba Esplendidos. They are classic smoke. Good choice.
    zeebra:
    I just got some Cohiba Esplendidos at $18 per...I'll stick to those
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Never had a la palina or a goldie... I do like lanceros!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I had the Goldie 'El Diario" was not impressed at all. The first inch or so was good but after that it was almost tasteless. Every now and then there would be the occasional puff that had a great flavor. I'd never buy it again. I'd take an AVO over it anytime.
    Yes, the market will determine the "true" value of this cigar but to come right out of the gate to say this stick is worth $19....somebodys smoking crack here. No, I have not tried this cigar and won't....I don't rush along with the crowd every time a cigar comes into the market otherwise I'd be broke. I do know a lot of brands and I can buy CC's and NC's all day long for half of what this brand is charging. When you look at their inventory of other cigars you notice: La Palina Classic Lancero $114 a box....$5.70 a stick..... One has to wonder how you can charge $19 for one lancero while the Classic is $5.70...is the goldie made from a tobacco better than others and made and rolled between the thighs of virgins? Hardly...this is what frustrates a cigar enthusiast when manufacturers pull this garbage hoping to fool us into following the dust from the herd. I read a lot of reviews on the Classic Lancero and they were pretty positive and I'd rather smoke a box of these at $114 for 20 sticks than to order 6 of the $19 Goldies...the idea of having an extra 14 cigars gives me more inspiration to buy those instead of the overpriced Lanceros...JMHO.
    Cigary:
    Yes, the market will determine the "true" value of this cigar but to come right out of the gate to say this stick is worth $19....somebodys smoking crack here. No, I have not tried this cigar and won't....I don't rush along with the crowd every time a cigar comes into the market otherwise I'd be broke. I do know a lot of brands and I can buy CC's and NC's all day long for half of what this brand is charging. When you look at their inventory of other cigars you notice: La Palina Classic Lancero $114 a box....$5.70 a stick..... One has to wonder how you can charge $19 for one lancero while the Classic is $5.70...is the goldie made from a tobacco better than others and made and rolled between the thighs of virgins? Hardly...this is what frustrates a cigar enthusiast when manufacturers pull this garbage hoping to fool us into following the dust from the herd. I read a lot of reviews on the Classic Lancero and they were pretty positive and I'd rather smoke a box of these at $114 for 20 sticks than to order 6 of the $19 Goldies...the idea of having an extra 14 cigars gives me more inspiration to buy those instead of the overpriced Lanceros...JMHO.
    I'm not trying to convince you to buy it, but for starters, the list price is $16.50, not $19. Second, this would be like complaining that Padron shouldn't sell their Family Reserve lines for $20+ because I can buy a Padron 2000 for $4. It has already been established that the Goldie #2 was really good (according to most reviews) and I imagine the lancero will be rather similar given the size. All in all, I really like what La Palina is doing. No frills, just good cigars at every price point rolled right here in the US.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    La Palina is solid all the way around. #5 is good but #2 is better but also really enjoy Mr. Sam, KB I and KB II a lot! They are consistently good!
    Bigshizza:
    La Palina is solid all the way around. #5 is good but #2 is better but also really enjoy Mr. Sam, KB I and KB II a lot! They are consistently good!
    Right on! Had a KB II the other day at the lounge. Couldn't decide what to grab, so I went with a fool-proof choice. For the record, people were complaining we don't debate enough around here. Thanks for the kick in the pants. I like being a little feisty!
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    Right on! Had a KB II the other day at the lounge. Couldn't decide what to grab, so I went with a fool-proof choice. For the record, people were complaining we don't debate enough around here. Thanks for the kick in the pants. I like being a little feisty!
    i just licked your head
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    jliu:
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    i just licked your head
    wow just wow.....
    SleevePlz:
    Cigary:
    I'm not trying to convince you to buy it, but for starters, the list price is $16.50, not $19. Second, this would be like complaining that Padron shouldn't sell their Family Reserve lines for $20+ because I can buy a Padron 2000 for $4. It has already been established that the Goldie #2 was really good (according to most reviews) and I imagine the lancero will be rather similar given the size. All in all, I really like what La Palina is doing. No frills, just good cigars at every price point rolled right here in the US.
    I didn't think you were trying to...don't I get to put my opinion out there as well? The list price may be $16.50 but they aren't being sold yet so not sure how that price point is accurate until they are in the B&M's. My search for the cigars range from $16 to the high of $19 for the #2 and I just found this: La Palina Goldie Laguito No.2 La Palina Goldie Size: 6 x 38 Pack: 10 $121 that would be $12.10 a stick...but one needs to put in ahead for that order ( which I sheepisly did after reading so many reviews ) La Palina Goldie Laguito No.5 Size: 5.625 x 54 Pack: 10 $180 for this @ $18 a stick ( I won't be buying these ) While I've tried many cigars I've actually smoked the La Palino Classic...very good cigar in the Lancero size which was $6....so hopefully the 10 pack I have on order will knock my socks off and if so I'll be the first guy to review the first one I smoke after a weeks rest.