Home General Discussion

Fetish... ??

beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
Hello again everyone! It has been some time since i have been on here! Wow! Okay question for you all. I have a weird well, the best way to put it is "fetish". I work in outdoors (Mountains, rivers, etc...) and enjoy my cigars thoroughly. Often times I don't have time to enjoy a full cigar. Which comes to my dirty and scary fetish...I have turned to Backwoods and Bandidos and while they are definitely not my Hoyas they serve the purpose, until now. I guess my question is does anyone have any recommendations for a smaller size cigar that is cheap ($1/stick), I have a tendency to break 1 out of 4 cigars due to the fact that I am limited on weight and can't carry a hard case, yet has a decent flavour? Thanks for any input...and I am sure there has been discussion on here about this before, but I haven't found it yet.

Comments

• PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    I can also smoke a Backwoods in a pinch or as a yard gar. I found a pack in a coat pocket from last year and they were still "fresh"... or whatever, lol. I haven't had much luck with small cigars although a friend of mine loved his tins Cuesta Rey cigarillos although I suspect that, as an ex-cigarette smoker, he was inhaling them.

Anymore, when I don't have the time or opportunity for a favorite smoke, I'll just wait until I do. Good luck!
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Welcome back :) The first thing that comes to mind is the Fuente short story,....yum. But probably not $1 a stick anywhere. The second thing that comes to mind is the Oliva Special G (maduro), 3 3/4 X 48 figurado, (checking price) OK. I got these at auction for a little less than $2 a stick. I will check my next idea. The Rocky Patel Juniors (maduro). 4 X 38 I got these at auction for around $1.25. But I just remembered another great "little" cigar I have on hand. The La Aurora Leoninos Corojitos. Ccom has them at about 50 cents apiece if you buy 100 of them. I have some of each of these three cigars mentioned. I'll be willing to work a trade with you so you can sample these. Send me a PM if you're interested.

(These I have not tried but when you said Hoya, I went looking. Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur  Cigarillos  4 x 24 for about 50 cents apiece.)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Bob Luken:
    Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur  Cigarillos  4 x 24 for about 50 cents apiece.
    i was gunna say those too...

there are some monte tins of 10 out there that sell for $15-$20.
    Davidoff makes mini cigarillos that are just about a cigarette size and sell for $16 for a 20 pack.

they are about 15-20 min smoke. tops
    Davidoff also sells a "demi tasse" size that is about a 22 in ring gauge and is 4 inches long. almost $2 a pop.
    LFD also makes a tin called "Daiquiri" that is a 30 ring and about 3.5 inches. 25 for about $35
    for a touch more you can get the LFD corajos (4x 34) in 6 packs selling for just under $20

there are many tins out there if you are looking for small smokes.

however, im not one to judge and you do what you gotta do, but i dont recommend working while smoking. in my opinion it doesnt make the work less stressful, it just makes the cigar less enjoyable.
    just my $0.02

• beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
    kuzi16:
    Bob Luken:
    Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur  Cigarillos  4 x 24 for about 50 cents apiece.
    i was gunna say those too...

there are some monte tins of 10 out there that sell for $15-$20.
    Davidoff makes mini cigarillos that are just about a cigarette size and sell for $16 for a 20 pack.

they are about 15-20 min smoke. tops
    Davidoff also sells a "demi tasse" size that is about a 22 in ring gauge and is 4 inches long. almost $2 a pop.
    LFD also makes a tin called "Daiquiri" that is a 30 ring and about 3.5 inches. 25 for about $35
    for a touch more you can get the LFD corajos (4x 34) in 6 packs selling for just under $20

there are many tins out there if you are looking for small smokes.

however, im not one to judge and you do what you gotta do, but i dont recommend working while smoking. in my opinion it doesnt make the work less stressful, it just makes the cigar less enjoyable.
    just my $0.02

Thanks for the input, I have some options I guess... :)

As for smoking while I work...I work as a wilderness medic and SAR Tech and am in remote locations for a few months at a time 24/7, so I don't have much of a choice. I would rather have to let a cheap one burn than one of my $15-$20 sticks burn down while I am on a rescue.

So many choices now! :)
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    There are some called Bandido's and Ugly Coyotes that are simular to back woods that are OKay, I smoke them regularly too. Garcia Y Vega also has its version, as well as Swisher now has the Outlaws. all backwoods knock offs.

Aj
  • beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
    Bob Luken:
    Welcome back :) The first thing that comes to mind is the Fuente short story,....yum. But probably not $1 a stick anywhere. The second thing that comes to mind is the Oliva Special G (maduro), 3 3/4 X 48 figurado, (checking price) OK. I got these at auction for a little less than $2 a stick. I will check my next idea. The Rocky Patel Juniors (maduro). 4 X 38 I got these at auction for around $1.25. But I just remembered another great "little" cigar I have on hand. The La Aurora Leoninos Corojitos. Ccom has them at about 50 cents apiece if you buy 100 of them. I have some of each of these three cigars mentioned. I'll be willing to work a trade with you so you can sample these. Send me a PM if you're interested.

(These I have not tried but when you said Hoya, I went looking. Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur  Cigarillos  4 x 24 for about 50 cents apiece.)

How does one go about getting the cigars at auction? I do enjoy Oliva Sticks, but can't find them for anywhere near that price....
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Sent you a message Canuck SAR tech.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    I'd forgotten about the Leoninos.... they're on the Ccom clearance page @ 100 for $50. Anybody smoke 'em??
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    beardedcanadian:
    Bob Luken:

How does one go about getting the cigars at auction? I do enjoy Oliva Sticks, but can't find them for anywhere near that price....
    I've sent you a PM.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    La Aurora Leoninos Corojito........check the clearance section. $50 for 100. For me it is a good tweener and car smoke. Reminds me...I need to order some.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    jd50ae:
    La Aurora Leoninos Corojito........check the clearance section. $50 for 100. For me it is a good tweener and car smoke. Reminds me...I need to order some.

and also this...

PAtoNH:
    I'd forgotten about the Leoninos.... they're on the Ccom clearance page @ 100 for $50. Anybody smoke 'em??

Must be in Rain's tunnel
    ddubridge:
    jd50ae:

and also this...

PAtoNH:

Must be in Rain's tunnel

I keep 5 ready to go for driving and smoke them often, usually between the big boys. My wife has even bought me a 100. For what they are they are very good. (When I saw the word fetish I expected BOB to be the poster:))
    Just noticed "La Perla Habana Black & Tan" and I am ordering a box. They are an infused little cigar, coffee and Irish cream, and they sound very interesting. 50 for $25 ain't a bad price and since I am a fan of "La Perla Habana" I don't think I will be disappointed.
  • cubbychubbycubbychubby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 29
    Marsh Wheeling, not so bad for a rustic cigar. Go forth and multiply.
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
    I like the Cohiba red dot pequenos... A box of 30 is around $50