Home General Discussion

Xikar disappointment

gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
Just a heads up-sent my Xikar hygro back for replacement and received the new one in the mail yesterday. Its got the neat looking silver face, but no calibrate function. Salt tested to 69, but disappointed that I can't calibrate.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    gripnrip:
    Just a heads up-sent my Xikar hygro back for replacement and received the new one in the mail yesterday. Its got the neat looking silver face, but no calibrate function. Salt tested to 69, but disappointed that I can't calibrate.
    Which one did you get back? I didn't know they made one without a calibrate

Edit: I see the new round ones you are talking about. No calibrate... that kind of sucks!
  • gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Ya....not a big deal I guess. 1st World problem.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    gripnrip:
    How long did you salt test? Says they are guaranteed to +/- 2%. I would prefer a calibrate though
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
    gripnrip:
    Some of the Xikars they sell are advertised as "self calibrate". Supposedly no need to calibrate, no idea how well it works.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I'll bring it up in a few weeks, at their event. Try to score a new one...then put it in my cooler. :D
    24 hours. At least it's holding steady. I can live with the +1%, but it seems odd (other than from a cost standpoint) to not offer a calibrate function.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I got the same one...mines off by 4rh but I don't really care that much
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    I have a thread about them... im on my 4th one of not calibrating

Aj
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    The guys at Xikar are very nice so I am sure if you call or bring up your issue they will try to help you out. They really do care about their customers. If you want a calibrate function and they have them I am sure they would be happy to switch it out or explain the benefit of the self calibrating. I have been lucky enough to get to visit their offices several times and see behind the scenes. They aren't fat cats counting hundred dollar bills while smoking fat cigars and laughing. They are constantly trying to update and find fixes to issues in their products. Very down to earth and humble guys who love cigars just like we do. If they have an event near you they will gladly switch out any products you have issues with. Seen them do it no questions asked several times. IMO great customer service. Sound like a sales ad huh? They just really impressed me and I enjoy supporting them.
    jsnake:
    The guys at Xikar are very nice so I am sure if you call or bring up your issue they will try to help you out. They really do care about their customers. If you want a calibrate function and they have them I am sure they would be happy to switch it out or explain the benefit of the self calibrating. I have been lucky enough to get to visit their offices several times and see behind the scenes. They aren't fat cats counting hundred dollar bills while smoking fat cigars and laughing. They are constantly trying to update and find fixes to issues in their products. Very down to earth and humble guys who love cigars just like we do. If they have an event near you they will gladly switch out any products you have issues with. Seen them do it no questions asked several times. IMO great customer service. Sound like a sales ad huh? They just really impressed me and I enjoy supporting them.
    Thanks for the good info. I own tons of Xikar stuff (many lighters, Xi cutter, hygros), never had too many problems with them and have always been promptly replaced when I did. Their replacement policy is excellent-no questions asked. I was surprised to receive a replacement hygo without a calibrate button, but will continue to buy their products and share the good news about their service and product support.