Home General Discussion

Black Ice Pie-Shaped humidifiors

New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
Ok, I'm finally going over the the black ice, and getting rid of my mold-pucks. Here is the question: If I get the pie shaped one, and put one "pie" in each corner, of the bottom area in my humi. Is it an issue that when I put the sticks back in, they will cover up the "pies"? Or should the "pies" be on the top shelf?

Comments

• New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    I'd put them on the top shelf...humidity drops down
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    I don't let my sticks cover the jar and try an keep open feet away as well when possible. With the recent humidity drop this winter I added a 75 boveda pack to one humi (thumbtacked the corners to the lid) and it brought things right back up where I like 'em. I agree with the top shelf comment.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Very timely post. I just received my pie and the very same questions immediately entered my mind. Because of certain people on here I was forced to buy another humidor and I snagged a 5 Vegas on Sprint for half price. The top shelf allows plenty of room for the 4 parts and I am going to switch out the one that came with it. The 5 Vegas box is larger then expected and it just seems more appropriate. By the way, it is a gorgeous humidor.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    I called my b&m today, asked what they had in stock, as far as humidification devices. The response you ask? ...and I quote: "uhhhhhhh" Uposn further questioning, they are out. Ccom it is