Home General Discussion

Newbie ?

fishndude3fishndude3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
Just wondering when God Forbid a stick burns out, what is the best way to relight?

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Psh...same way you did the first time brah!Seriously, if you don't wait an hour plus you should be fine. After that (maybe before) you can get some really bad flavors.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    If it is right away, purge it.. (Blow the stale smoke out of it) and simply re-light. If it has been a while then I purge it cut the charcoal end and re-light it.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    kaspera79:
    If it is right away, purge it.. (Blow the stale smoke out of it) and simply re-light. If it has been a while then I purge it cut the charcoal end and re-light it.
    Hey Kas, does this really work? I read something a while ago and now before I inhale I exhale through the cigar....every freaking time.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Rain:
    kaspera79:
    Hey Kas, does this really work? I read something a while ago and now before I inhale I exhale through the cigar....every freaking time.
    I only really do this on cigars that have "gone out" check it out sometime. If your cigar stops delivering a draw, Blow into it and you will see trapped smoke, almost like one of those bubble gum cigars a puff of smoke will come out. Which would have been stale if you tasted it.
  • fishndude3fishndude3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
    I dont really like the re lit taiste. Just wondering if its better to re light it with the ash, or cut it first. I try not to let them go out. but sometimes you know how it is. I have also had a few that burned terrible the first half, but after touch up or cutting and starting over they were actually much better??