Home General Discussion

Interested in your thoughts.

Ag03Ag03 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 23
So I've been seeing these "Ava Marie Reconquista" cigars around (link for reference :http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewCigar.asp?brand=987 ) I was wondering what you guys thought of them, since I'm seeing them a lot but no one really says anything about them. I want to get one but at 20 bucks a pop that's a bit more than I am comfortable with in my cigar infancy lol. Was hoping if there was a lot of positive things you guys want to say about them then maybe it would hurt less dropping a 20 on it :) And yes i understand that everyone has different tastes in cigars. But knowing wether or not it was liked by a few people would help. Thanks guys!

Comments

• Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    It is one I've really wanted to try as well. The normal Ave Maria's are quite good. This one looks like it would be a bit stronger...which I like. I'd be interested to see what others think about them so I can better decide future purchases.
  • josiahcoljosiahcol Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    I have had a few of the regular Ave Maria's and they are excellent, i really like them a lot and try to keep a few in my humi. I personally have not had any of the Recoquista but my brother has had a few and he raves about them, says they are a little bit stronger and a bit spicier but fantastic. I would say worth a shot seeing as how much i like the regular ones a lot
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Because your forum registration date is my birthday, I will gladly send you one so you can see for yourself. Just PM your address bro.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    I really like the Ave Maria, and will most likely re-order in the not too distant future, I have been eyeing the Reconquista as well if I were too find a couple at a local B&M where I can get a little bit of a price break I'd be willing, I hate to pay full retail for anything. Just had an idea, theres a scary thought! I need to make a phone call or two next week. I'll get back to this, would like too know what some of the more experanced BOTL think as well.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I don't care much for the regular Ave Maria's. but the Recon is freakin fantastic with a year or so on it. Wasn't impressed ROTT. But a year later I was in heaven when I pulled one out. Look for them in samplers you'll get a much better deal on them that way.
  • pokerstar22pokerstar22 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 62
    gotta agree about the aging, had one at about 2 months that was not very impressive.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    2 hours of smoky bliss.
  • KevinFittsKevinFitts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 225
    I have more than a box of these that I have been sitting on for over a year. Some were acquired through trades and I purchased a box a whe back which containes 12 sticks each in their own Cigar coffin. These were purchased for my son in law to be as a gift to the groomsmen. That said, I still haven't smoked one as I am an avid CC smoker. If the taste is half as good as the presentation, these are going to be great. If not, I guess I will have a handful of cool looking cigars in impressive little boxes. Either way, I will be happy with them. The only risk is that if they are as good as they look, it is going to cause me to be spending more money for another box. (But that is what makes this hobby fun!!) :-)
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    My opinion is..... There is much better for same or less. It is a Hard To Find cigar but I think you could spend the same on a DPG 10 Year Ani or something from Drew Estates Liga line. You could pick up some Padron 26 or 64s. God of Fire, OpusX or Anejo from Arturo Fuente. Lito Gomez is also fantastic for the price.... I think there is much better out there from other blenders. The Recons are good but for $20 I would expect WAY more out of a cigar.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    They're pretty good imo...but I like the MoW Armada better.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Haven't tried the Armada yet. I got a couple that have 1-2 years on them, I figure they should be getting pretty good by now. Need to get me a couple more so I can smoke one.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Wait for it...it won't be long!!!! LOL
  • danielruasdanielruas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 778
    I've had one sitting in my humi for probably a year and a half, just waiting on the right time to fire it up.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    9405503699300039205154 - Hope you enjoy Timothy.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    Vision:
    My opinion is..... There is much better for same or less. It is a Hard To Find cigar but I think you could spend the same on a DPG 10 Year Ani or something from Drew Estates Liga line. You could pick up some Padron 26 or 64s. God of Fire, OpusX or Anejo from Arturo Fuente. Lito Gomez is also fantastic for the price.... I think there is much better out there from other blenders. The Recons are good but for $20 I would expect WAY more out of a cigar.
    This is my opinion as well. I don't mind spending $20 on a cigar from time to time, but it needs to have 'Padron' on the box for me to spend that much.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    It's really good but it does have some kick to it. The Recon is the only one I'd smoke, the Ave Maria's are meh..
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Agree, get a DPG 10th Anniversary- worth evey single penny. No non-Cuban cigar can offer you the same value.
    Vision: