Home General Discussion

Modern Marvels: Tobacco Video

jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
I love the Modern Marvels series on History Channel (one of the better shows they have IMO)....
Stumbled on this video elsewhere on the web, wanted to share with you all.

"Skip ahead" to about the 20/21 minute mark, where they focus on cigars and interview Carlos Fuente Jr.

Comments

• Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    I'm not seeing a link
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Rail Jockey:
    I'm not seeing a link
    I "embedded" it ... hmm.
    (I can see it but sorry if that's not working for you)

Here's the direct link to Youtube:
    Modern Marvels: Tobacco CLICK HERE
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Thanks John, I enjoy the series as well.. I found the Pipe tobacco segment entertaining. Wonder if anyone here has tried the Cornell & Diehl brand of pipe tobaccy
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    The Kid:
    Thanks John, I enjoy the series as well.. I found the Pipe tobacco segment entertaining. Wonder if anyone here has tried the Cornell & Diehl brand of pipe tobaccy
    Yes very cool!

I was just going to say the pipe bit was good too. Craig tarler, shown in the vid, just passed away last year I believe. He seemed like a cool guy and c&d blends are great. I have a few of their blends and really enjoy them. I think c&d makes really good burleys.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    I can't seem to find the part about the island girls rolling them on their thighs. Can you tell me where that is? :)
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    Great video, really intersting. Thanks for posting!
  • jadeltjadelt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 766
    Very cool ! Makes me want to try a Fuente...... I think I have an Opus X from RAIN waiting for the right moment.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Gray4lines:
    The Kid:
    Yes very cool!

I was just going to say the pipe bit was good too. Craig tarler, shown in the vid, just passed away last year I believe. He seemed like a cool guy and c&d blends are great. I have a few of their blends and really enjoy them. I think c&d makes really good burleys.
    Sorry to hear that! Yes, I got that impression too! Didnt know you smoked a pipe. Cool cool. Been thinkin more and more bout breakin out the pipe again, Just seems a little more labor intensive. IDK guess Im being lazy.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    The Kid:
    Gray4lines:
    The Kid:
    Yes very cool!

Sorry to hear that! Yes, I got that impression too! Didnt know you smoked a pipe. Cool cool. Been thinkin more and more bout breakin out the pipe again, Just seems a little more labor intensive. IDK guess Im being lazy.
    I picked up the pipe in October and pretty much ignored cigars until March! Yes... Very much labor intensive, I still feel like I don't really get the technique. Maybe when it's colder I will get back into it more. I had a bowl this week (escudo) and it was only ok, and I had a lot of dottle... Not too relaxing when it takes so much work!!