Home General Discussion

Freaking Warning Stickers!!!

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
So I know we all hate it but I had to vent about this. So got my shiny new Soprano's box today and what do you know, freaking that damn sticker on the front. So hell, I go to peel it off and it leaves a sticky snail trail that is hell of a hard time to remove. I would have used goof off but I don't have the non smelly stuff (if that exists) so I used bio green clean on it and it was still a pain. It came off after a bit of letting is soak but WTF! Then when I open it up there's another one! However it came off really easy. My beef is WHY! Last time I checked premium cigars were no where near where kids shop so stop it! And if they are going to be put on these nice boxes don't use the worst adhesive! Anyway done with rant.

Comments

• perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    I'm with ya, I had the argument with the health folks in my organization, we've had almost 4 generations now of the smoking-is-bad-for-you message, it's time to leave adults alone. Sure keep it up with the kids, but those of us who choose to smoke know what we're doing and willingly take the risk.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Lol, my box of sopranos did the same thing, I used soap and water to get that crap off
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Mine too. Peeled it of at work and stuck it back in the box. Bad news...now it's sticky styrofoam. :-(
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    phobicsquirrel:
    So I know we all hate it but I had to vent about this. So got my shiny new Soprano's box today and what do you know, freaking that damn sticker on the front. So hell, I go to peel it off and it leaves a sticky snail trail that is hell of a hard time to remove. I would have used goof off but I don't have the non smelly stuff (if that exists) so I used bio green clean on it and it was still a pain. It came off after a bit of letting is soak but WTF! Then when I open it up there's another one! However it came off really easy. My beef is WHY! Last time I checked premium cigars were no where near where kids shop so stop it! And if they are going to be put on these nice boxes don't use the worst adhesive! Anyway done with rant.

Use WD-40 it's great.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    Peanut butter... Slather some on and let it sit for a bit. The oils break down the goop. Then rub it off slowly and wipe down with a damp cloth. Then it smells like peanuts and the sticky is gone. :)
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    LiquidChaos66:
    Peanut butter... Slather some on and let it sit for a bit. The oils break down the goop. Then rub it off slowly and wipe down with a damp cloth. Then it smells like peanuts and the sticky is gone. :)

Needs to be a natural peanut butter. The stir kind that has the layer of oil on top when you first get it. Works best.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Slowly, inch by inch, year by year, we move ever onward towards IDIOCRACY

Like the warning stickers on bic lighters. Anyone determined enough to read all the tiny writing discovers...........................it makes fire!

Of course, anyone who could read that, already knew it!

duh
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    I generally find that wiping these things with a rag soaked in very hot water works pretty well. It melts the solid gllue and plastic or paper into a liquid, making it easier to wipe away..