Home General Discussion

Black Crown?

alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
Has anyone tried these yet? It says they are made at Raices Cubanas, the home of Illusione, all of Alec Bradley's stuff, and Viaje. I am a big fan of all three of those brands, so if these are anything like their factory-mates, it seems like a natural fit. Just looking for any info on them, good/bad, comparison to Illusione or w/e, etc.

Comments

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I am curious a these as well... I thought someone here tried them, but I dont see any reviews or mention of em.

edit just found a short thread... alex said they werebgood and compared to a fine and rare ( which i havent tried either)
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    I had a single corona. Checked my notes, it was average in just about everything. Sorry this does not help much. IIRC, it was pretty fresh though, probably should have aged it a little bit.
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    I've smoked through a number of these. And they are fairly good. they are definately worth a shot.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    I agree with rain. I had the corona and it was a good everyday kinda smoke. I enjoyed it but it did get a little harsh at the end.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    i had a toro and it was OK.....i mean it wasn't great, but wasn't too bad. When you are comparing this to ab and viaje i wouldn't say it is in the same ball park.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    i bought a fiver, middle of the road for me, wouldnt pass one up, but wouldnt go out of my way either!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Seems like the general consensus is that its just an okay, average smoke. Kinda disappointed, I was hoping for a hidden gem or something, lol. Thanks for the replies guys.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    alienmisprint:
    Seems like the general consensus is that its just an okay, average smoke. Kinda disappointed, I was hoping for a hidden gem or something, lol. Thanks for the replies guys.
    An under the radar smoke for a good value is the El Titan de Bronze Maduro and Sungrown ...both very tasty..
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    Another cheapie smoked I've always enjoyed was Quintero. Can get a 4 pack in 4 different sizes for 10 bucks (around here anyways). Well made, medium-full, not awesome but above average...especially for 2.50 a stick.
  • wardcwardc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 37
    Bigshizza:
    alienmisprint:
    An under the radar smoke for a good value is the El Titan de Bronze Maduro and Sungrown ...both very tasty..
    Shizz, I've heard nothing but great reviews about the El Titan. I can't seem to find it on Ccom or CI.com do you have a site you get these from? The couple I've looked at have some differences in prices and I was curious to find the best deal. Thanks.
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    wardc:
    Bigshizza:
    alienmisprint:
    Shizz, I've heard nothing but great reviews about the El Titan. I can't seem to find it on Ccom or CI.com do you have a site you get these from? The couple I've looked at have some differences in prices and I was curious to find the best deal. Thanks.
    pm to you sir.
  • wardcwardc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 37