Home General Discussion

March madness deals

Comments

• Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    I am not a big Gurkha fan, however, I will say that the Beauty is one of my favorite connys. I would smoke a Beauty before smoking a Virtue any day. Let the hating begin!
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    You have got to be kidding me. Yesterday was Gurkha fest and today RP's in every deal??? I'm sorry, but CCOM is failing us miserably. This March Madness is obviously about pushing reams of bunk inventory out the door. Really, really disappointing, especially after hearing about all the amazing deals that were lined up. These aren't even great prices on those sticks. Hell, you can get Camacho Triple Maddies for the same price on the monster.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    I've been wanting to try the new Pepin, and that Hoyo looks good, but I'll pass on the RPs.

Anyone try the Decade? I heard somewhere it was good, but I can't remember if it was here or just a review on some random site.

EDIT: added bit about Hoyo and decade
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    xmacro:
    I've been wanting to try the new Pepin, but I'll on the RPs.
    That's what's frustrating. Gurkhas in every deal yesterday. RP's in every deal today. It's obvious to me they are using the increased visibility of their march madness deals to push cheap inventory out the door at basically standard pricing. This is a wretched failure compared to previous years. At least give us a chance to buy something high end or something we really want to try without forcing us to buy junk. Frustrating.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    This year's March madness deals so far.................................yawn!
    Come on Alex! You have to come stronger than this.
    This is supposed to be MARCH MADNESS!!!
    It's not madness if I see RP or Gurkha, at less than inspiring prices.
    Last year March Madness got me to break a buying hiatus (San Lotano/Recon deal).
    Guess what? I'm on a hiatus again!
    But, judging by what I've seen thus far.......my wallet is safe.
    ndhaon91:
    xmacro:
    I've been wanting to try the new Pepin, but I'll on the RPs.
    That's what's frustrating. Gurkhas in every deal yesterday. RP's in every deal today. It's obvious to me they are using the increased visibility of their march madness deals to push cheap inventory out the door at basically standard pricing. This is a wretched failure compared to previous years. At least give us a chance to buy something high end or something we really want to try without forcing us to buy junk. Frustrating.
    Meh. A lot of last year's deals were stinkers until the end when the good stuff came out and sold out within 2 hrs
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    KingoftheCove:
    Last year March Madness got me to break a buying hiatus (San Lotano/Recon deal).
    Agreed 100%. Still waiting for the madness.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Steve2010:
    KingoftheCove:
    Agreed 110% This is Ho-hum to say the least.
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    Bigshizza:
    Steve2010:
    KingoftheCove:
    My debit card is safe as well so far!
  • christian1971christian1971 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
    Madness is so bad I'm looking at other sites for deals. I did get 2 UF-13 dark today. Yeah baby!!!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Yep got some good deals on V lanceros and Olivia Cameroon robustos...very well priced!
  • ThewelderThewelder Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 679
    Bigshizza:
    Yep got some good deals on V lanceros and Olivia Cameroon robustos...very well priced!
    Hey big you have mail
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    I can understand why no one's "blown away" by today's deals, but price wise I think they're pretty darn good. Particularly the Camacho Triple Maduro/RP Olde World Reserve.

Poor Rocky...no respect I tell ya! No respect! (Rodney Dangerfield voice).
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Bigshizza:

My wallet wishes you hadn't mentioned that.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Bigshizza:
    Steve2010:
    KingoftheCove:
    Is it price or cigars being offered?

• VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    stephen_hannibal:
    Bigshizza:
    Steve2010:
    KingoftheCove:

yes
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    stephen_hannibal:

Both..............but, it's early yet.
    The Camacho is a fine smoke.....have not had the RP............that deal is the only one that even REMOTELY sparked my interest...but...............

I have heard from trusted sources the RP is not what it once was a few years back (and I gave up on RP a long while ago anyways)........... and I have lots of Camachos.....so......

I'll wait and see...................

Seriously, what are ppls thoughts on the RP Decade? I heard it was good, but I can't remember if I heard that here, or on some site trying to sell it. I'm a huge fan of My Father, and I've been wanting to try this new Pepin stick

I'd love to mix and match these deals; I'd jump on the Legado de Pepin + Hoyo de Monterrey if I could put those two together

• mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I've had a few of the RP Decade's and I think they're pretty decent, I wasnt "wowed" by them but I wouldn't kicked them out of the humi. I guess to sum it up, it's not a stick that I would go out of my way to buy.
    Thanks; think I'll just wait for another deal to come around with the Legado in it
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    mfotis:
    I've had a few of the RP Decade's and I think they're pretty decent, I wasnt "wowed" by them but I wouldn't kicked them out of the humi. I guess to sum it up, it's not a stick that I would go out of my way to buy.
    I actually really enjoyed the Ole World (habano? criollo?) quite a lot. I had it for about 1.5 years, and it was a phenominal smoke. When I first got the maduro, it tasted like as$.
  • mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I still have one or two Decades resting in the humi, may pull one out and give it another go.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I really liked the decades I have had but I don't think they age well myself. After 6 months they lose something. Wasn't impressed by the Olde World but the one I smoked had a good year on it so I suspect it might be the same issue.
    Diesel night. Again I'm not interested in the least.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Maybe the new Diesel and the Concert, but I've not had either... so yeah, pass tonight, again.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Lol..........Another night I coulda used the sleep.......new Diesel is interesting----but cmon, its a Diesel still. And the CAO Concert? Has CAO really done anything worth speaking of since Davidoff bought 'em?
    Ehhhh, I'm curious about Hair of the dog; been wanting to try it, but nothing else appeals to me. Gonna pass again.

Looks like this March Madness is turning out like the last one; tons of crap, but maybe there'll be a last-day killer deal like last time too

Vulchor:
    Lol..........Another night I coulda used the sleep.
    Last year the deal was sold out in hours almost every day and this year one out of all of them has sold out. That says a lot there.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    I'll let the wife know the wallet is safe once again. Not a terrible selection IMO but nothing I cant live without.