Home General Discussion

davidoffs?

thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
gents and gals , i havent had any davidoffs in a while, i was debating on buying a few boxes, looking at the millenium and classic,
anybody have any of these lately?
if so, how did you like them?
a few opinions and what you think about them?
thanks

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Go for it bro. Can't go wrong with Davidoff. I also really like the Grand Cru series and the Thousand series.
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 278
    I've only had 1 davidoff in my 10 years of smoking. It was a great smoke but...the price point kills me xD. If they weren't quite so pricey I'd get a good handful of em :). Of course this goes with alot of cigars as well.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Although I do enjoy davidoff I can think of a few better box choices IMO
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    thanks but i learned my lesson when i have gone to a second or third choice's, i have not been happy with them
    i rarely go with a alternative anymore
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    thanks but i learned my lesson when i have gone to a second or third choice's, i have not been happy with them
    i rarely go with a alternative anymore
    just my 2 cents but you might want to revisit davidoff before dropping$400 on a box
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    well the price is not bothering me, i just havent smoked any in the last 9-10yrs,so im looking for people opinions who have smoked them recently take on them,
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I have smoked thousands of cigars, and only bought Two Davidoffs. I've been gifted perhaps another six. When spending my own money, I would probably never buy Davidoff. I've enjoyed every one of them, but I just don't see where the higher price tag makes it so much better than, say an Avo at half the price. There comes a point where the dollars spent / enjoyment ratio is maxed out. At least with me.

well you guys are missing the point of my post,
    i was asking how are they? do people like them? you guys are focusing on price, and you cant judge taste by pricing
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    i was asking how are they? do people like them? you guys are focusing on price, and you cant judge taste by pricing
    aint that the truth. thats all people ever see with Davidoff. the usual next statement is "and they have no power for what you pay for"

Davidoff is one of my favorite brands. the millennium series is very good but in my opinion, not quite box worthy. i pick up a few of those here and there. i find they are not quite as refined as i want them to be.

dont get me wrong they are very good cigars and the difference in our palates may make them box worthy to you. I would just go for the thousand series before the Millennium blend.

just one more word on price.
    i see many BOTLs bomb the crap out of people. they will send their forum buds who they have never met in real life well over $100 in a single box, often without expectation of anything in return.
    however, some of these same people wont spend $15 on themselves for a cigar they know they like.
    quit hating on yourself and go buy your Davidoffs.
    kuzi16:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    aint that the truth. thats all people ever see with Davidoff. the usual next statement is "and they have no power for what you pay for"

Davidoff is one of my favorite brands. the millennium series is very good but in my opinion, not quite box worthy. i pick up a few of those here and there. i find they are not quite as refined as i want them to be.

dont get me wrong they are very good cigars and the difference in our palates may make them box worthy to you. I would just go for the thousand series before the Millennium blend.

just one more word on price.
    i see many BOTLs bomb the crap out of people. they will send their forum buds who they have never met in real life well over $100 in a single box, often without expectation of anything in return.
    however, some of these same people wont spend $15 on themselves for a cigar they know they like.
    quit hating on yourself and go buy your Davidoffs.
    ahh see thats what i wanted to hear a opinion, thanks, gives me something to consider now,
    not quite hating on myself, just wanted some input on the cigars themselves before i decide to order, believe me the cigars are in the shopping cart i just have not submitted the order
    and thats true about the $15 cigar on ones self,
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Just had a Davidoff 2000... Loved it! Clean, great burn and I think very tasty. It was a change from what I'm used to and will definitely be going back for more!
    thanks guys,
    decided to get the 2000, millenium corona, and for fun classic premeros, and thats all she wrote,
    humidors will be full
    thanks kuzi, bigshizza that was the type of input i looking for from a smoked stand point