Home General Discussion

Wineador is FINISHED!!!

SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
Hey everyone,

I know there were a couple people that were wanting to follow my wineador build. Instead of starting a thread and posting here and there, I thought I would just do it all at once.

I started with a Vinotemp VT-26, I know it's not the 28 model that is most popular, I just could not pass up the price. image

Once I got it home I removed all the pull out trays except for the one that displays the temp as it was hard wired in.image

I then let it air out for the next few days. Right when I though the plastic smell was gone, I stuffed it with newspaper and left it over night. I checked the next morning and found that the smell was back and stronger then ever. I bought some non sented dish soap and a couple of Mr.Clean scrubing pads from target and went to town cleaning the inside. Once I was done, I let it sun dry for a couple hours. I repeated this step the following day as well.

I plugged up the drain hole with a rubber gromet I picked up from Home Depot in their sink repair department. It fit perfect. I then went down to the local B&M and got some empty cedar boxes that Im using for storage. I filled a new spray bottle with distilled water and lightly sprayed the in and outside of the boxes. Once done I wiped the excess with a clean wash cloth and placed the boxes in the wineador to let them start to season and to fill the wineador with that awesome cedar smell. Over the next few days while the boxes were doing thier thing I ordered two digital hygrometers and 2 1/2 pounds of beads from Cigarmony.com (who's customer service and price by the way, kills Heartfelts). One pound of the beads was bulk, the rest I ordered in different containers.

Once all the beads and the hygrometers came in I put everything inside the wineador plus a cigar oasis xl that I already had. Since this wineador is compressor run, not thermoelectric, I had to watch the cooler cycle to see what the RH drop was going to be when the compressor was cooling and what the recovery time was. After a few days of fine tuning I finally transfered my sticks to the cedar boxes in the wineador. This is just a short summary of the project, I didn't want to boar everyone with a super long thread, so if anyone has questions or wants to know more, please feel free to ask here or shot me a PM. Here is the finished project. Thanks for reading.image

Comments