Home General Discussion

What does your significant other think of your smoking cigars?

SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
Just wondering.

Comments

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    she has her own Humi
  • SalemSalem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 717
    PsychoSJG:
    she has her own Humi
    Love that!!
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    She supports it... We have a few rules that I stick too. I usually shower/freshen up immediatey after smoking, I stick to 1-2 smokes per week, and only keep about 100 sticks give or take in my humi. When I smoke at home, it's out on the back porch once the kiddo is asleep or when I have the house to myself. Haha there have been a few instances when ccom packages have showed up in the mail 2-3 times per week and she's given me a strange look like, "really?"
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    ..puts up with it. she likes the pipe a bit more but she has asthma so smoke isn't the best thing to have around her. outside isn't too bad but inside I smoke in my office. ...And if she did have a problem with me smoking cigars, I wouldn't care. I did it before we met and she knew what she was marrying.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I' been married to my significant other of over 30 years, and if she dare say something about it then I'd just.............. Well maybe not. Better than cigarettes and booze. LOL
  • acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    ThinBluLine06:
    She supports it... We have a few rules that I stick to. I usually shower/freshen up immediatey after smoking, I stick to 1-2 smokes per week, and only keep about 100 sticks give or take in my humi. When I smoke at home, it's out on the back porch once the kiddo is asleep or when I have the house to myself. Haha there have been a few instances when ccom packages have showed up in the mail 2-3 times per week and she's given me a strange look like, "really?"
    I have the same agreement with my wife who supports my hobby. She understands that I need some Ace time but she doesn't want me stinkin up the house or giving her a big Gurkha kiss after I'm done.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    My wife doesn't mind...matter of fact, I usually ask her to take a few puffs of a cigar to offer her input and she usually a really good palette (she said women have a better palette for some reason)...
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    She neither likes it or dislikes it as it is MY hobby, not hers. She has told me to host a couple of herfs at the house, which I have. Also, she'll suggest, when she knows I'm stressed, that I take a trip to my B&M and use the lounge to get away and have a cigar or two and some rum.

On a side note, I don't like or dislike all the shoes and purses either.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    She has smoked a couple cigars with me.
    She has some of her own sticks in the humi, and they sit there as long as she wants them to.
    She likes the fact that she can "kick me to the garage" (read "tell me where to go") and I listen.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    She's not thrilled about it but is slowly beginning to realize that I'm going to do it anyways. She usually takes a sniff of my chosen smoke for the evening and will comment on whether she likes the aroma or not.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    She's my smoking buddy 99% of the time.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    she partakes, we dont smoke inside, we smoke while playing cribbage or at a friends house.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Michelle actually smokes with me. She prefers infused cigars which I generally steer clear of but she will sample even the strongest blends with me. I guess I'm lucky in that.
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    she didn't care when i told her, she actually started smoking cigars with me and liked it...she preferred the infused cigars like the "java" but eventually started liking the non infused.
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    Mine is becoming OK with my hobby, but hates that I spend money on it. idk if she thinks these stogies just fall from the sky?
  • joshvoigtjoshvoigt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 325
    I'm the man of the house I do what I want when I want ;) JK. Her dad has smoked cigars since she was a little kid, so shes ok with it. I don't think she likes the buying part of it, but the smoking part is ok.
  • cooch36cooch36 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 711
    Ali is great she bought me my first humidor two x-mas's ago and I haven't looked back. She has a few of her own sticks in the humi I keep supplied based on her likes. She also enjoys a Opus with me once in a while or a padron 64. She has expensive or flavored taste. It was her Idea that I smoke in the house and later suggested a basement mantown. We have ventalation and a cab. humi. On nights like tonight its football snacks vodka or scotch fallowed by a smoke. Unlike Charlie Sheen " I AM WiNNING" .
  • MephistoMephisto Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 508
    She doesn't particularly like it...says I "stink" often after a cigar. But, she also buys me nice cigars as gifts and sometimes goes out of her way so I can have a cigar.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    My Girl has already said we're building a smoking room in the house.... Best GF ever.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I've known my wife for a long time.. Smoking a cigar is a non-issue. There are far too many things in the world to concern yourself with, or argue about, Cigars are on the bottom of any list. In fact, we have discussions never fights, and always manage to come to an agreement. Then I go outside and smoke a cigar.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    bandyt09:
    She neither likes it or dislikes it as it is MY hobby, not hers. She has told me to host a couple of herfs at the house, which I have. Also, she'll suggest, when she knows I'm stressed, that I take a trip to my B&M and use the lounge to get away and have a cigar or two and some rum.

On a side note, I don't like or dislike all the shoes and purses either.
    prob the most accurate total statement I've ever read... lol. Totally agree.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I don't have an other, significant or otherwise, but if I did it would be a non-issue. At this point, anyone who comes along will know about the cigars upfront so it won't be a problem one way or another. Did I mention that I don't mind being a bachelor? In fact, I quite like it.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    My wife tolerates it, she don't complain too much except she can't understand why I need so many and have to buy some every month. I've tried to explain about aging but she thinks that's a load of crap.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    She loves it and occasionally smokes with me.
    Her favorite stick is the Perdomo Champagne

A couple of years ago-Casa Fuente

• asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    My wife is good with the smoking, she just worries about lip cancer. She smokes with me on occasion. She went with me today and had a smoke with james40 and a few others.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    my wife went to Nicaragua and toured factories with me. so... I guess she is ok with it.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Mine gave me my humidor for Christmas, so she's pretty cool with it.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    My wife hated it at first, but now she doesn't really care cuz she knows fighting me over it is a losing battle.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Krieg:
    My wife hated it at first, but now she doesn't really care cuz she knows fighting me over it is a losing battle.

We should all have your super powers. :-]
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    She hates the smell of them but doesn't say anything other then that. But she will still sit out with me some days while I smoke.